BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

54 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

Well this is quite telling..

Last question was about Adam and JDT states a couple of times "he is good on the ball" 

Perhaps he isn't showing enough off the ball and defending as much as JDT would like?

When he persists in picking someone who would rather lie on the floor pretending to be hurt than track back during an FA Cup quarter final, it’s not a reason that washes.

There’s no debate to be had after today. Picking Morton above Wharton is self sabotage.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, J*B said:

I’d say “Young Adam looks a player!” and they’d say “He’s really good. But his attitude isn’t brilliant, last month he stormed off the pitch after getting caught in training.”

I’m an awfully lot older than you, and in my time I’ve come across players that actually lived in Blackburn. Kit Napier played darts in the Corporation on Revidge with my old man. I bought football boots from Mick Heston. They never spoke of what happened on the training ground or the other players attitudes. Given today’s social media I just don’t believe any player would make such comments.

• Like 2

Are we actually expected to believe that another player has said to a random fan in the street (or in the box or getting a hair cut) that one of his team mates plays video games until 2am, left training in a huff because of a tackle and personally threatened our DOF 😂😂😂 all whilst said player is a life long fan, is a teenager and has barely played for the first team.

This place. Never change. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Neilbristol said:

Last question was about Adam and JDT states a couple of times "he is good on the ball" 

Perhaps he isn't showing enough off the ball and defending as much as JDT would like?

Well at least I learnt that Norwich have a lot of PL experience although no mention of it being a totally failed experience. It would have been more accurate to say they have a good Championship squad who went up and failed miserably to cut the mustard on the PL.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Well at least I learnt that Norwich have a lot of PL experience although no mention of it being a totally failed experience. It would have been more accurate to say they have a good Championship squad who went up and failed miserably to cut the mustard on the PL.

Sounds like Mowbray 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neilbristol said:

JDT said as much last December. He's been pretty consistent with the message. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

His quotes throughout the season have been similar. Project/journey talk and bigging up our opposition and what we are up against. Managerial spiel.

Didn't you eat that shit up and ask for seconds when Mowbray was coming out with it?

And I don't doubt the legitimacy of JB's claims of running into the players etc. It's a pretty small community on the rich side of town.

Just now, Upside Down said:

Didn't you eat that shit up and ask for seconds when Mowbray was coming out with it?

And I don't doubt the legitimacy of JB's claims of running into the players etc. It's a pretty small community on the rich side of town.

No, I had a similar opinion. Not worth getting wound up over and micro analysing. May aswell be reading from a script, just typical cliches and trying to dampen expectations.

I didn't doubt that he has run into them. More that why would they discuss team mates to such a degree to people they don't know much if at all which highlights various examples of unprofessionalism?

Reminds me a bit of when Paul Mani was saying that Rothwell's dad was telling everyone on the train that Mowbray had a move lined up last summer and was trying to tap up all of our out of contract players with quadrupled wages or whatever it was.

6 hours ago, Neilbristol said:

In previous interviews JDT has said these are areas of his game Adam needs to improve

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

JDT said as much last December. He's been pretty consistent with the message. 

“I thought it was an equal game”. Hmmm

Question I would have asked….

”Jon, we seem to have an inability to get back into games if we go a goal down. Your style is clearly to play around at the back to invite teams on to us, thus creating space and chances. However, once we go a goal down, continuing to do that doesn’t work because the opposition have no incentive to come at us anymore. Why do you persist with the same tactics when we go a goal down when the stats are proof it has never worked?”

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Spartakfenni said:

I’m an awfully lot older than you, and in my time I’ve come across players that actually lived in Blackburn. Kit Napier played darts in the Corporation on Revidge with my old man. I bought football boots from Mick Heston. They never spoke of what happened on the training ground or the other players attitudes. Given today’s social media I just don’t believe any player would make such comments.

I think you probably mean Mick Heaton (RIP) who had a sports shop in Brownhill.

11 hours ago, Neilbristol said:

Interesting interview. Im a bit surprised that neither the interviewers or JDT mentioned that the game before and after the substitutes was completely different. Jon said "we created as many chances as Norwich". But what he didnt say is 80% of those chances were between the 75th and 95th minute.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roverblue said:

The lad offered more in his first 5 minutes than Morton had done the entire game. The only player looking to play it forwards in a sea of side and backwards bottlers.

Yeah. Morton and Travis both had shockers. Couldnt find good forward passes and lost the ball cheaply time after time. Really disappointing as Trav has been so good recently. Almost verged on the amateurish. Wharton literally didnt put a foot wrong in his 20 mins.

Id be really surprised if he does not start on Monday. Seems nailed on to me. Part of me wonders if Garrett could come in and give Travis a rest too. But that's probably unlikely.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah. Morton and Travis both had shockers. Couldnt find good forward passes and lost the ball cheaply time after time. Really disappointing as Trav has been so good recently. Almost verged on the amateurish. Wharton literally didnt put a foot wrong in his 20 mins.

Id be really surprised if he does not start on Monday. Seems nailed on to me. Part of me wonders if Garrett could come in and give Travis a rest too. But that's probably unlikely.

I would be surprised if he starts Garrett and Wharton, but hope he starts Adam and let’s him showcase his talent. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lraC said:

I would be surprised if he starts Garrett and Wharton, but hope he starts Adam and let’s him showcase his talent. 

I would like to see a central midfield three of Garrett, Adam Wharton and Travis. 

• Like 7