BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

34 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

No you're right, my apologies. I will ignore it literally coming from JDTs mouth, it's definitely just a conspiracy.

I should remember AW is a Rovers fan so he can do no wrong. He should be starting every game, regardless of attitude!

He and Scott should have started v Dingles.

That was on the manager who basically fucked up.

For the Whartons its gone mostly south since then.

Meanwhile Morton, utter garbage, is a first choice, usually.

Meanwhile Adam, bad attitude alleged, is on contract until 2027. Yeah, ok, right.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

More conspiracy theories in here than on Fox News, well done to all contributors.

Its probable that Adam can borrow those nipple tassels from Morton who, allegedly, has quite a collection.

I'm saying what I saw with my own eyes so no conspiracy. Tomasson has been far from perfect but his handling of players has been an area where I believe he has excelled. No favourites with everyone treated the same, do the business in training and in the pitch and you get picked.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm saying what I saw with my own eyes so no conspiracy. Tomasson has been far from perfect but his handling of players has been an area where I believe he has excelled. No favourites with everyone treated the same, do the business in training and in the pitch and you get picked.

Morton must be unbelievable in training.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Either way, his parents should be telling him to knuckle down and work hard; otherwise we could have another David Bradford on our hands, another talent who never filled his potential

Or much worse Jim---2 rejects who prosper somewhere else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Exhibit A: Morton, and we've all since this specimen cry and fake injury.

How convenient he has to play as we have bad attitude Adam as competition.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Exhibit A: Morton, and we've all since this specimen cry and fake injury.

How convenient he has to play as we have bad attitude Adam as competition.

The no favourites comment comes from a close relation to a player who, believe me had cause to be critical of the club. He said Tomasson wasn't close to any players but they all respected him because they know where they stand and he is honest with them all. As I wrote earlier I saw Adam in the under 21's recently and he was miles off the first team in my opinion. At the moment Garrett is ahead of Adam and if O'Brien had signed he would have been further down the list. The only way he is going to get back in is to follow the example of Travis and knuckle down,, listen and put into practice what the manager wants and let his undoubted talent do the rest.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The no favourites comment comes from a close relation to a player who, believe me had cause to be critical of the club. He said Tomasson wasn't close to any players but they all respected him because they know where they stand and he is honest with them all. As I wrote earlier I saw Adam in the under 21's recently and he was miles off the first team in my opinion. At the moment Garrett is ahead of Adam and if O'Brien had signed he would have been further down the list. The only way he is going to get back in is to follow the example of Travis and knuckle down,, listen and put into practice what the manager wants and let his undoubted talent do the rest.

The problem is not why Wharton is being left out, but why is Morton still being picked.

• Like 4

From as close to the horses mouth as you could probably get (and some have alluded to it on here) I was told Adam was caught by a tackle off another U23 player a few months ago (pre injury), got up, stormed off the pitch, got changed and went home early from training.

JDT went round to his house after training and let him know in no uncertain terms, that is not acceptable behaviour. That was what initially made him fall out of favour with him and it sounds as though he's not done a right lot since to tip the balance back in his favour.

4 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

From as close to the horses mouth as you could probably get (and some have alluded to it on here) I was told Adam was caught by a tackle off another U23 player a few months ago (pre injury), got up, stormed off the pitch, got changed and went home early from training.

JDT went round to his house after training and let him know in no uncertain terms, that is not acceptable behaviour. That was what initially made him fall out of favour with him and it sounds as though he's not done a right lot since to tip the balance back in his favour.

If that is true, my backing goes to JDT. I would still not pick Morton.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, rigger said:

Everything should be taken with a pinch of salt but there were two separate people who told me that, one of which has always been reliable telling me about injuries and timeframes etc and the other is pretty much the horses mouth.

Amazing how many people are happy to see an inferior player step out and fuck up our promotion chase over Wharton's alleged attitude to training.

You can't get promoted on the training pitch, or on the U21s pitch, only on the actual pitch at senior level, and there's a country mile between what we've had out of Wharton on the actual pitch at senior level and what we've had out of Morton. Anything else is incidental.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, rigger said:

So if you're not picking Morton, backing JDT so presumably not playing Wharton, and Buckley is injured...who would you pick?

Edited by bluebruce

I have no issues with JDT's stance above and you have to have standards and prove why you should be in the team - it sounds like Wharton hasn't done that (as much as I'd love him to do so!).

However, we simply cannot persist with Morton. He's so passive and doesn't have the stomach for these big games, and lacks the necessary ability to override that. I dread to think what will happen to him on derby day - when the chips are down, he goes completely missing.

I'd sooner pick any of the options than him - it's nothing to do with him being a loanee, it's all to do with what he (doesn't) offer

• Like 5

Time for Adam to step up and starting upping his game and do what JDT and the staff are doing 

JDT has made it clear the team comes first and players need to perform on the pitch and in training properly and trained well. 

3 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

JDT has been right to do what he has done with him. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Amazing how many people are happy to see an inferior player step out and fuck up our promotion chase over Wharton's alleged attitude to training.

You can't get promoted on the training pitch, or on the U21s pitch, only on the actual pitch at senior level, and there's a country mile between what we've had out of Wharton on the actual pitch at senior level and what we've had out of Morton. Anything else is incidental.

I reckon Wharton deserves a crack, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to be certain that he would be better than Morton. I would be surprised if he was consistently a significant step up.

Morton, Buckley, Wharton all seem very similar to me. Great on a good day, poor on a bad day, never too sure which you are going to get.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I reckon Wharton deserves a crack, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to be certain that he would be better than Morton. I would be surprised if he was consistently a significant step up.

Morton, Buckley, Wharton all seem very similar to me. Great on a good day, poor on a bad day, never too sure which you are going to get.

How can it be a stretch when I've already seen it?