BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston (a) - 22/4/23 - 17:30 k/o

3 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

We can blame him for What JDT did, stick you cock in a blender once and I have a little sympathy for you, do it twice and I have to assume you dont want a cock!

I agree the substitutions were unwise (again) but blimey, it could / should have been 2-0 and all over.

3 minutes ago, Silas said:

Regardless of deserving, we'd get battered.

Lottery ticket whatever,  over 180 mins against those clubs we've no chance.

We can't even hold out 5 mins against lesser clubs.

And if we went up, we'd get absolutely tramelled every week.

Not that we're going up, and we won't be doing so at least until the chicken ticklers are gone.

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Equally cursed or this seems really strange both goals seems like somebody betted on it....both tonight and against Coventry at the death...something fishy...

Come on, we’re all gutted at the late goal, but let’s not be putting tin foil hats on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Equally cursed or this seems really strange both goals seems like somebody betted on it....both tonight and against Coventry at the death...something fishy...

Not really. Poor game management, a bit of bad luck and, most of all, a lack of mental strength when it matters.

• Like 7

JDT yet again. We were all over them and he tried see it out for 1-0. You can’t do that anymore. Even the top teams don’t can’t do it. How many times does it needs to happen before he realises that the game’s moved on too much, for that? 

• Like 4

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

As others have said, to happen once you can put down to bad luck. But his in game decisions of personnel and tactics are costing us time and again. I feel like we’re back to the days of Mowbray where you never felt safe at even 2-0 up.

Absolutely well and truly gutted tonight. Angry too.

Even worse it feels like a minor miracle if we score one, let alone managing to somehow score two.

• Like 4

Unbelievable that he brought on Brittain and Wharton to see the game out the two same players he brought on to see out the quarter final. What has happened to Scott Wharton? Every time he steps on the pitch he looks like he has never played a game of football before.

But also Hedges what on earth was he thinking firstly he should have taken the ball to the flag but if he is going to go for goal then at least put his foot through it.

I personally think there is plenty to like about JDT (certainly a damn sight more than his predecessor) but he does seem very slow to learn. This going to 3 at the back to so called see out a game just doesn't work. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

The three biggest games of the season (Sheff Utd, Cov, Preston), all fucked by bringing on Wharton and Brittain at a goal up. There's one thing having no striker, but JDT takes 100% of the blame. 

Tbh I wouldn't shed a tear if he wasn't here in the summer.

Trying to close the game out by changing the momentum is the gift that keeps on giving to the opposition. Smods was chasing everything and we put on two cold defenders. Only one way that is going.

Cruel for Dom,  as he will have that on his shoulders for a while,  when he has been a stand out this year. 

Hedges should have finished it off a minute earlier. That’s why this game is so tough on the fans. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

Not really. Poor game management, a bit of bad luck and, most of all, a lack of mental strength when it matters.

Seems this mental strenght things come back to hunt us every season....the only positive is that we still have it in our hands....

Just now, neophox said:

to get a draw away to Preston is descent as we are out of form ... but in the manner was hard and Hedges...what are you doing.... just round the keeper and score... he seemed to just stop and tamely shoot.....poor....

Shoot I thought he was chipping it up into his hands to start a counter