BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

23/24 kit; is a new sponsor needed?

37 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

A quick straw poll on here…what do folks reckon it costs for the front of shirt sponsorship at Rovers ? 

[I’ve heard some figures bandied about from good sources which I won’t compromise…just interested to get a wisdom of the crowds feel…]

Under Waggot a Sunday Roast and a little tickle would do it I'm sure. In all honesty though i couldn't see TW paying in excess of $150,000.

Edited by sparky12

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

A quick straw poll on here…what do folks reckon it costs for the front of shirt sponsorship at Rovers ? 

[I’ve heard some figures bandied about from good sources which I won’t compromise…just interested to get a wisdom of the crowds feel…]

I seem to recall Dafabet being said to be potentially 7 figures a season, so I'll go with 500k 

I just think its double standard to eliminate betting companies but then have a vaping company.

If you are eliminating one on moral grounds you surely eliminate the other.

It never bothered me when we had beer on the front (I drink), or betting companies (I gamble), so even though I don't smoke / vape it shouldn't bother me that Totally Wicked sponsor.

As I said, its just the double standards of turning down what I think SW said would have been a better deal from a betting company (before Recoverite) to ultimately now be sponsored by TW. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6

What I find absolutely incredible is that literally anyone would buy training shirts for £36. I mean, seriously! I'd probably get one for a tenner but no more than that. £20 and many people would I'm sure. £36?! There are many who wouldn't buy the actual kit for that!

"A fool and their money are soon parted."

6 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

If we're talking in the hundreds of thousands then that shows that these companies are making far more money than they would be doing if these things were simply an aid to stop smoking. 

I don't think it's more than 200k.

Quite surprising how much money comes in from one of the TW  wholly owned subsidiaries which seems to be the main trading one.

End of financial year 21/22    41.78 million turnover, operating profit 9.062m , profit after tax 7.58m.

Same figures but for 20/21 (33.68/ 7.71/6.14 m)

Edited by perthblue02

9 hours ago, Riverside under the drip said:

What I find absolutely incredible is that literally anyone would buy training shirts for £36. I mean, seriously! I'd probably get one for a tenner but no more than that. £20 and many people would I'm sure. £36?! There are many who wouldn't buy the actual kit for that!

"A fool and their money are soon parted."

You want to see how much NFL jerseys are.

I was in Charlotte last year - I walked into the Bank of America club shop thinking they'd perhaps be some deals. They wanted £200+ for a jersey and £80 for a cap. 

18 hours ago, sparky12 said:

Under Waggot a Sunday Roast and a little tickle would do it I'm sure. In all honesty though i couldn't see TW paying in excess of $150,000.

Congratulations…you are the closest…with permission from the source I can reveal that the front of shirt deal is worth £100k apparently.

Recoverite signed up for £250k by way of a benchmark but of course never paid up so…

So if 10k BRFCS members are each prepared to give us £10 we’ll bid for next season’s shirt deal…😉

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Congratulations…you are the closest…with permission from the source I can reveal that the front of shirt deal is worth £100k apparently.

Recoverite signed up for £250k by way of a benchmark but of course never paid up so…

So if 10k BRFCS members are each prepared to give us £10 we’ll bid for next season’s shirt deal…😉

What an absolute disgrace.

If that figure is correct, it's seems really poor (but difficult to fairly judge, without knowing the deals of other clubs in the same league).

Found this article from a decade ago, suggesting £500k was the average for the league. With inflation, pandemic and cost of living, god knows what the level should be now. https://www.sportingintelligence.com/2013/08/21/revealed-championship-shirt-sales-outstrip-rest-of-big-5-second-tiers-combined-210801/

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Let’s do it! 😀😁

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, alex l said:

If that figure is correct, it's seems really poor (but difficult to fairly judge, without knowing the deals of other clubs in the same league).

Found this article from a decade ago, suggesting £500k was the average for the league. With inflation, pandemic and cost of living, god knows what the level should be now. https://www.sportingintelligence.com/2013/08/21/revealed-championship-shirt-sales-outstrip-rest-of-big-5-second-tiers-combined-210801/

That article is about kit suppliers rather than front of shirt sponsors.

Edited by wilsdenrover

Waggott is a one trick pony and that applies to his ticketing policies and his sponsorship / commercial performance.

Low key, easy, quick, low risk, local, short term

The fact that the Totally Wicked deal lapsed, we were allegedly looking for a new sponsor, only to end up going back to Totally Wicked who signed up for a mere 12 month extension, speaks volumes.

They'll be familiar to Waggott, in his phone book, based locally and easy to sort out.

Even putting aside the morals of having a vaping company adorning our kits and training gear, it reeks to me of take the quickest and easiest option just to box the issue off. Clock ticking, embarrassing if no sponsor, so just revert to the tried and tested.

I don't buy for one minute the 'we've done all we can' routine and seriously believe that this is the best deal possible for Rovers 

I wouldn't even be that bothered about it if we weren't being told every 5 minutes that we are stuck under FFP and need to raise income. So do it then, show us how serious you are about it. 

Truth is they aren't. 

• Like 3