BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 27/8/23

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I don't know if you are thick or what. I will try to explain my thought process. After our home loss against Hull, to get back on track, we would need four points from the next two away games. Today we got three, therefore we need one at Plymouth. Do you understand my thought process ?

Why not try for 6 points 😎👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, den said:

I was impressed today. I thought we played really well. Watford will think they were unlucky but rovers were never outstretched or outplayed IMO.

Defensively we were organised and mistakes were rare. We were caught out with the balls inside Brittain a number of times but that was about it.

When you’re trying to make judgements on a player, watch him away from home. Today showed up Leonard’s frailties. He has a lot to work on. Dolan, well did he ever find another team mate when he was on? I was also just saying to my son how Hedges does a lot of running with the ball but rarely creates or scores. Within minutes, guess what happened!

Got to mention Adam Wharton again. I don’t think I can remember the last time I saw a young rovers player with the passing ability that he’s got. First time passes, no first touch needed. He can do everything. Some of the things he does, some of his vision is Messi-like. He’s not there yet. He could contribute a lot more during the 90 minutes and he could reduce the number of times he concedes possession, all things any manager would demand. If you can’t get excited by his abilities though, then I really don’t know what you want.

Good show today but real team strengthening required up front. 

Great post den 👍

• Like 5

2 hours ago, den said:

I was impressed today. I thought we played really well. Watford will think they were unlucky but rovers were never outstretched or outplayed IMO.

Defensively we were organised and mistakes were rare. We were caught out with the balls inside Brittain a number of times but that was about it.

When you’re trying to make judgements on a player, watch him away from home. Today showed up Leonard’s frailties. He has a lot to work on. Dolan, well did he ever find another team mate when he was on? I was also just saying to my son how Hedges does a lot of running with the ball but rarely creates or scores. Within minutes, guess what happened!

Got to mention Adam Wharton again. I don’t think I can remember the last time I saw a young rovers player with the passing ability that he’s got. First time passes, no first touch needed. He can do everything. Some of the things he does, some of his vision is Messi-like. He’s not there yet. He could contribute a lot more during the 90 minutes and he could reduce the number of times he concedes possession, all things any manager would demand. If you can’t get excited by his abilities though, then I really don’t know what you want.

I used to knock about with a guy who was a City scout. He only ever watched players in away matches. I agree with you about Wharton, he’s going to be special.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

How did that the young Brighton lad look??

Composed on the ball, athletic enough to play out wide (without being incredibly quick) and like he hadn't ever trained with his teammates before. Definitely a lot more to come from him.

Not sure why it's taken us all summer to get him in if he was linked in June. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Composed on the ball, athletic enough to play out wide (without being incredibly quick) and like he hadn't ever trained with his teammates before. Definitely a lot more to come from him.

Not sure why it's taken us all summer to get him in if he was linked in June. 

Suspect we'd have been waiting on Brighton to decide whether he could leave or not.

Prem loans often drop into this last week of the window for that very reason.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When you’re trying to make judgements on a player, watch him away from home. Today showed up Leonard’s frailties.

to be fair it`s asking a lot for him to lead the line on his own,very few 19 year olds would be able to do it,a couple of months in the lower leagues would sort out his hold up play and bulk him up imo

• Like 1

I thought we where amazing. We did a job on them. We where organised and resilient and managed to take our chance. It’s great to see commitment to the cause, desire to win and the ability to stick to the plan.I was proud of them today. 
To finish we have a great manager which also makes the difference 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

to be fair it`s asking a lot for him to lead the line on his own,very few 19 year olds would be able to do it,a couple of months in the lower leagues would sort out his hold up play and bulk him up imo

Or play him and let him learn. He has the movement and instinct of a striker. My personal opinion is with us it’s a one man job. No balls over the top, no little runs down the channels. Overall he does well in a team that doesn’t us a number 9

5 hours ago, Hasta said:

Well Mr Hedges, it has taken 127 days but you are now officially forgiven.

Strange how Hedges gets hammered for that yet no one mention Pears not killing any time right before that.  Pears handles it right and the Hedges thing would never have happened.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, den said:

Wharton got spontaneous applause from Watford fans for one piece of back-heel magic. He is special.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I used to knock about with a guy who was a City scout. He only ever watched players in away matches. I agree with you about Wharton, he’s going to be special.

I said a couple of weeks ago, it may be best to start Leonard in home games, it's a massive ask to lead the line at places like Watford. 

I don't think we've enough depth to let him go on loan, and at the moment it's needs must, but Tomasson should be able to manage his workload better after the break. 

• Like 2

What a good result. A disciplined performance with a fantastic goal to win it. 

I'll say that without that striker we all want JDT will need more moments of exquisite skill to win matches.

A word on Gallagher. He is such a conundrum. Rovers picked it up when he came on but he does some odd things.

In his eagerness to get involved he was flagged offside from a Travis through ball. He had no need to go that early. 

He tried to play in Travis before Hadges goal, but he over hit the pass.

Late on he got caught mazy dribbling in his own half and lost it. Yet soon after he headed away a dangerous corner. 

Edited by speeeeeeedie