BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

2 hours ago, J*B said:

In my opinion Waggott has told them it won't cost more than X (whatever the maximum FFP allowance is) and is spending that entire budget player side as he sees that as the best chance to do his brief i.e. get the club to the Prem so they can sell. That way Venkys are committed to one number. 

Its a very specific theory you have conjured up. More likely, there isnt (even prior to restrictions) an open chequebook to spend as much as is possible. 

There's so much said in that statement that they (whoever at Ewood has scrambled the statement together) haven't even realised.

The court case "should" have no future impact on funding. That's not a 100% committal, it's very heavily caveated, IE those at Ewood who wrote it, don't have a fucking clue, this is how I see this going.

Fans who have not spotted that "should" is a big caveat think all is well now. It gets to Summer and we've miraculously stayed up, we start selling the crown jewels, or what's left, call them the fallen diamonds - Szmodics, Carter, anyone with value basically. No money is re-invested however and people begin to question this. It can't be FFP, we've sold millions of £ of players, it can't be the Indian courts, the club told us this doesn't effect us now, so why aren't we spending? Questions get asked of Waggot - he gets uncomfortable. Outcome? The club releases another statement/interview saying (paraphrased) "Oh, it turned out that the owners sending funds was effected, but we never said it wasn't we said it shouldn't be!"
In this scenario, I think/hope what's left of the passive fanbase will realise we're still owned by idiots and they'll never do what's right by us and sell

There's also the use of "the Owners have always supported the club, which will continue as and when they are required to do so". You own the club, you've made all the decisions that have lead us to this point, of course you're fucking required to do so!

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, martonrover said:

A statement to get the Facebook crew creaming their pants.

The bit about Eustace is particularly laughable. As if they even have a clue who he is.

I haven’t seen anything positive at all on the various channels.

The tide may finally have turned.

• Like 2

There’s absolutely no way anyone with an ounce of business acumen would categorically guarantee anything that is reliant on a third party. Hence the use of the word should which is entirely appropriate in this situation. 

The big factor we need to consider here is that the court case now only revolves around technical and procedural issues which would strongly hint that it is due to be resolved without severe repercussions or impact on their business. This is also backed up by the fact that court have listed this for a final hearing in August.

it’s not the news that most of us wanted but it looks like we are stuck with them for the foreseeable.

• Like 1

Another statement that is full of words but says nothing at all. 

Hasn't the problem always been "technical and procedural issues" with this case so nothing has changed at all. In other words, the statement is saying they have the money and do want to fund the club but cannot due to technical and procedural issues. 

Nothing has changed at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cesus said:

A professional football club, dealing in a multi million pound industry categorically cannot deliver a Club Statement with the word "SHOULD" in it. It is not a statement of fact.

The statement was meaningless. You're absolutely right, no statement should ever have the words such as should in them. Amateurs.

How come it’s suddenly “technical and procedural” when the last two postponements have not involved any actual hearing it was just never started?

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me and doesn’t address if any money has been sent or not at this point.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

What confirmed this even more, was that months of JDT calling out Waggot and taking the piss out of him about various things including the bus saw nothing happen, but the first time he mentions Suhail he was gone within a week.

Top post

Suhail rarely got a mention then JDT calls him out suddenly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Phew. I was worried for a minute about the future of our club.

Lol

They weren't very supportive in the summer when we had a real chance to push on, just cuts to all budgets 🤔

Or in January when they sold our best player for a record fee and then cancelled any incoming transfers for a fee.

#VenkysOut 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, cesus said:

A professional football club, dealing in a multi million pound industry categorically cannot deliver a Club Statement with the word "SHOULD" in it. It is not a statement of fact.

Thats the whole point, you can’t put out a statement of fact unless it is fact. If someone told you it was highly likely that something was going to go in your favour and would you then go and state publicly that it has gone in your favour?  As much as I hate these clowns and what they’ve done to our club in this instance there is nothing else the statement could have said.