BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

As far as I can recall, Bentley and Phillips are the only sales we've made to Spurs since the former. They used to be linked to our players nearly constantly when we were in the Prem (it used to really do my tits in), but I can't think of any others that went through in that period. I may be forgetting someone. As you allude to though, there is a significant track record of Spurs being a graveyard for far more young players than become a success there. I reckon we'd have a slightly stronger England side by now if they hadn't been hoovering up and wasting youngsters for so long.

There's also a significant track record of Rovers players thinking the grass was greener, but finding out their patch was in fact full of cow pats.

Ryan Nelsen. On a free 🤬

• Like 2

Just now, yankfan said:

Can we "activate a release clause" if we don't have the funds to actually paid said fee?  I mean, why not say we'll buy the lad for 500 pounds paid as a fiver over 100 years?  

No.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Oh aye, well remembered. Was released less than 4 months later after 8 games and 1 goal. Course, he didn't leave us out of ambitiously seeking a big club, he left because he was being ostracised and the club was a shit-show. Very poor how him and Salgado were treated.

I remember "the snake" saying he was injured, then literally went straight into Spurs's match day squad.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, cesus said:

I remember "the snake" saying he was injured, then literally went straight into Spurs's match day squad.

Was it not worse than that. Didnt Kean say something like he will never be able to play football again due to his knees? I remember either MOTD or football focus just laughing at him. 

45 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Oh aye, well remembered. Was released less than 4 months later after 8 games and 1 goal. Course, he didn't leave us out of ambitiously seeking a big club, he left because he was being ostracised and the club was a shit-show. Very poor how him and Salgado were treated.

They left because they were paid out 80% of their contracts to leave.

This was all part of the process of deliberately relegating the club out of the Premier League.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

May be my memory, but I thought it was..

"Ryan has had the last rites.."

Oh, I thought it was - 'Ryan is off to the factory, but on the plus side we'll have plenty of glue for the stationary cupboard'.

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

As far as I can recall, Bentley and Phillips are the only sales we've made to Spurs since the former. They used to be linked to our players nearly constantly when we were in the Prem (it used to really do my tits in), but I can't think of any others that went through in that period. I may be forgetting someone.

Sherwood?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, benhben said:

Hull City are getting Carvlho on loan from Liverpool. He cost them £20m 18 months ago after getting promoted with Fulham. A proper loan signing that. 

They were like us 3 or 4 years ago, had an Egyptian owner who fell out with the fans and wouldn't put any funds in. New owner and 1 year later they're in the play offs making ambitious signings. Amazing what a good owner can do. 

Sshh. Apparently nobody will buy a loss making 2nd division club and you just have to hope the current owners never leave or the club will disappear.

Also notice that their owner has managed to invest without hiding behind FFP rules as an excuse.

• Like 7

Should Spurs contact Rovers about Wharton it should be a very easy conversation 

'Have you £40million - no add ons'.

If the answer is no or there's any attempt at a negotiation then 'well feck off and call us when you have £40million'.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, benhben said:

Hull City are getting Carvlho on loan from Liverpool. He cost them £20m 18 months ago after getting promoted with Fulham. A proper loan signing that. 

They were like us 3 or 4 years ago, had an Egyptian owner who fell out with the fans and wouldn't put any funds in. New owner and 1 year later they're in the play offs making ambitious signings. Amazing what a good owner can do. 

Yet every time I say Venkys Out, I get told “but nobody else will buy us!!”. Hull City Tigers. An absolute nothing football club. 

• Like 9