BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Buckley wanted to leave for first team football..

Kaminski and Phillips money went towards the shortfall as GB said in his post Summer transfer interview 

Buckley was moved on to get a wage of the books and as soon as he came back Travis was offloaded from the books.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Buckley was moved on to get a wage of the books and as soon as he came back Travis was offloaded from the books.

Travis wanted out in the summer and again this window. JDT explained the reasons why. 

Buckley wanted first team football as GB said

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Travis wanted out in the summer and again this window. JDT explained the reasons why. 

Buckley wanted first team football as GB said

Just because a player says they want to play you don't loan them out at the first opportunity. It's about getting them off the book so they don't have to pay them. Travis is club captain and undoubtedly made our squad stronger you don't just loan him out days into the window if he wants to move on and you are happy to let him go then you sell him when a appropriate offer is made.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, FE123 said:

Hyam is clearly one of our stand out players. He’s been rushed back from injury by the management team because of our current plight and it’s obvious he’s not 100% fit. Why do our supporters have no understanding of form. Playing poorly for a few games does not make you a bad player.

He hasn't been playing badly for a "few" games, he was crap in the second half of last season as well. He was a virtual ever present in a side which only mustered 30 points from the final twenty six games of last season. And the "injury" excuse can't be cited in his defence for last season.

He just isn't that good.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Jutkeweicz is also out for 3 weeks with a calf injury.

Low scoring and injury prone? 

As close to a Gallagher clone as you could get!

In all seriousness when he's played against Rovers in the past (usually off the bench) I've always thought he was a proper handful (Completely unlike Gallagher)

The age is an issue though would only really be a temporary fix to ruffle things up for the rest of the season and get us over the line.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Just because a player says they want to play you don't loan them out at the first opportunity. It's about getting them off the book so they don't have to pay them. Travis is club captain and undoubtedly made our squad stronger you don't just loan him out days into the window if he wants to move on and you are happy to let him go then you sell him when a appropriate offer is made.

Travis wanted out in summer and we didn't sell or loan out. 

Very few championship clubs spent money in January that we would accept for him. 

Ideally we want sell I agree with. 

• Like 1

So we still haven't signed the Crewe lad and we're really scraping the barrel on the striker end of things.

I forsee another panic signing deadline day where the club pretends to sign someone decent but then a mysterious issue never before seen in football stops the transfer and we end up with another crock or 12 year old if we"re lucky.

If they're going to relegate us again can they at least have the decency to sell up this time?

• Like 4

19th January. I'm super-excited from this intentional build-up to the big reveal of Travis' upgrade replacement, the long awaited actual striker, and the rest of the "dream transfer window" recruits. Good times in the delusional alternative universe of VenkyRovers World.

• Like 2

Not good if we wait until deadline day before making more moves. New players will need some time to gel in, and we're trying to turn the ship here. Also slightly concerning that we played a behind the doors friendly and conceded another three goals versus Bahia.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, steelcityblue said:

My first game too. Can still remember the sound of the ball smacking his great big forehead and rocketing in. Bloody freezing night and packed in the biggest crowd I’ve ever experienced at Ewood. Exciting stuff for a young lad and looks like it started a life of following the Rovers for more than one of us. 👍

From a perfectly floated Keith Newton free kick out on the right after Glyn Pardoe had taken Stuart Metcalfe’s legs from under him. Some things you never forget. We were back in the game for about ten minutes, then City ran away with it,

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Not good if we wait until deadline day before making more moves. New players will need some time to gel in, and we're trying to turn the ship here. Also slightly concerning that we played a behind the doors friendly and conceded another three goals versus Bahia.

I'm expecting an announcement video on 31st January, featuring celebrities chucking a piece of paper to each other, for the signing of a striker from the Faroe Island's lowest tier. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I'm expecting an announcement video on 31st January, featuring celebrities chucking a piece of paper to each other, for the signing of a striker from the Faroe Island's lowest tier. 

Because of ash clouds the airspace over Europe will unfortunately be closed at that time so he will have to row his boat over after passing his facetime medical just in time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, martonrover said:

What has happened for you to be so optimistic? 

• Like 3