BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

25 minutes ago, neophox said:

I'll repeat it...GB/Waggott brought the wrong scouted striker from Plymouth....had we may have been up there in the table.... terrible decisions made in the summer. GB/SW responsible.

This time 12 months ago were you thinking Szmodics and Brittain were a waste of money? Tbf you wouldn't be the only one but both, to different degrees, show it's dangerous to write a player off after 6 months 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We had no money hence why we signed Ennis early doors on a free. This idea that theyve got 2 players confused is a bizarre conspiracy.

whittaker is the thin one

ennis is the fat one

impossible to confuse the two,even greg could tell the difference

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We had no money hence why we signed Ennis early doors on a free. This idea that theyve got 2 players confused is a bizarre conspiracy.

It is quite possible ! 

The club is infested by people , who in previous times wouldn't even have got an interview ..

• Like 2

Watching the highlights from Plymouths games last year...if our scouts thought Ennis was the better of Ennis/Whittaker last season that's madness....they got it wrong and now JDT wants him out after half a season...I think he's fuming... Surely JDT wanted Whittaker but got Ennis...

2 hours ago, neophox said:

I'll repeat it...GB/Waggott brought the wrong scouted striker from Plymouth....had we may have been up there in the table.... terrible decisions made in the summer. GB/SW responsible.

More like they were told to look at the other one then decided on Ennis because he was free and Waggots famous flex came into play.

Neither Waggot or GB are fit for purpose if we are being honest.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, neophox said:

Watching the highlights from Plymouths games last year...if our scouts thought Ennis was the better of Ennis/Whittaker last season that's madness....they got it wrong and now JDT wants him out after half a season...I think he's fuming... Surely JDT wanted Whittaker but got Ennis...

One was free. One cost a 7 figure fee beyond our means.

It wasnt, we must sign a Plymouth attacker, which one do you fancy. Your theory is utter lunacy.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, neophox said:

Fun Friday night

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

His current contract is worth more than £1m

Well it isn't in his bank yet and there'll be a whopping amount of deductions so i doubt he's comfortably a millionaire yet unless his family is of course. He's 19 and spent most of his time on apprentice wages but i think the point is if he signs for Palace he is very likely yo have a million quid from a signing on fee after tax dumped into his bank account !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Polky said:

We’ve had to bargain with a league two club over £500k, we have no chance in signing Morgan Whittaker.

Plymouth signed him at the start of the season for £1m, since then he’s scored 15 goals and got 6 assists.

Have some of you started your Friday drinking early?

Isn’t that what Thursdays are for?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Well it isn't in his bank yet and there'll be a whopping amount of deductions so i doubt he's comfortably a millionaire yet unless his family is of course. He's 19 and spent most of his time on apprentice wages but i think the point is if he signs for Palace he is very likely yo have a million quid from a signing on fee after tax dumped into his bank account !

Getting into semantics but by any definition he’s currently a millionaire, after tax. Obviously moving to Palace will be attractive financially but I think moving in the summer will be just as attractive and he’s not exactly skint now. All I’m saying is that the financial pressure to move right now is probably overstated.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, neophox said:

So you believe the club got confused purely because you saw them both play last season and thought one was better than the other..? There are enough reasons to criticise the club, there’s no need to invent them.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

He’s already a millionaire, comfortably.

He's only been round the 1st team less than18 months. To be a millionaire post tax he'd have to earn over 2m and not spend a penny of it which over 18 months is 25k a week which he's most definitely not on.

• Like 7

What's the odds on a JDT out and sympathy for Venkys February nth at Ewood once we've sold Wharton, Gally and loaned Travis but narrowly missed out on replacing them with quality players by the nasty rule keepers at the FA and the Indian courts system 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

Getting into semantics but by any definition he’s currently a millionaire, after tax. Obviously moving to Palace will be attractive financially but I think moving in the summer will be just as attractive and he’s not exactly skint now. All I’m saying is that the financial pressure to move right now is probably overstated.

Yeah he's a sensible lad and the money is there either way although basically doubling or trebling your current contract and cash at hand overnight will turn the most grounded of heads.

Even as a football decision though the temptation will be huge because he'll get a chance straight away at Palace.

Tough decision for him IF the clubs agree a deal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

This window could see us lose: Travis, Wharton, Gallagher...  Jesus!   Doesn't bode well for us. 

Midfield is absolutely decimated. 

He plays for Arsenal mate….

• Like 8