BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Just now, Polky said:

Oxford fan at work is convinced Harry Leonard is heading there on loan. 

I think it’s Ennis, Leonard, Gilsnan and Batty. But I won’t get confirmation on names. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angry_Pirate said:

The thought of "Asking" to loan Wharton back to us - when we currently already own him - and being told "no" and then ACCEPTING IT anyway, makes me so fucking angry.

We own the wonderkid, Palace knows that his price will go up in July. How hard is it. A competant management would say that Adam is only for sale (today) if we keep him on loan till the Summer... if you can't accept that. Fuck off.

Rovers need to fucking grow a pair and add £5m to the fee - as that is what relegation would cost for losing him. This transfer stinks.

"Hello, Swag here... Hi (Palace)... oh I see, £18m, rising to £22m you say?... Well, Adam is only available if you loan him back to us to the summer, John needs him as we already loaned out our captain....... oh, I see... you don't want to do that.... ah okay then, we'll do it your way, always a pleasure, take care.... oh wait, got any 18yr olds that need game time?"

THEY play by our rules, it's our fucking player. Imbeciles.

You're right of course (normally) but it seems fairly obvious in this instance they have us by the knackers as we need the money to keep the lights on until summer.

To be fair (only thing to be fair about), Orlando is 5hrs behind, so it was only probably 9:30am EST time things got resolved... so stressing about talks resuming all morning was redundant as they would have been asleep/not working until 90 minutes ago.

Edited by Angry_Pirate

10 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

I think loyalty bonuses are perfectly fair. It's Rovers that want rid of him. He has a 5 year employment contract that the club are wanting to break early 

But he's getting a better one!!

If we were packing him off to league 2 then fair enough but he'll be getting x3 his salary and better bonuses.

Edited by davulsukur

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I take it you haven't read Andy Cole's autobiography.

No I haven't,  but I'm actually in Venkys autobiography, along with Henning Berg, Michel Salgado, Ryan Nelson, Paul Lambert and the list goes on of refusals to pay when under contract....

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, J*B said:

Take this with a pinch of salt, but I’m told there’s at least 4 players including Ennis and Gilsnan that are waiting to for loan moves away from the club but JDT is refusing to approve anything until someone clarifies exactly who, if anyone, is signing. 

Fear not Jon!

Gregg (with 2 g's) is on the job!!

Oooo err, hang on..........

• Like 1

If playing FM has taught me anything then loyalty bonuses are different from having a 10% of the next sale clause in a players contract, both of which do exist.

If Wharton has a 10% clause (which at 1.8m on a 18m sale seems to be what twitter rando is suggesting) then it raises some questions - not least does he get the 1.8m in one go now whilst we get the 18m in installments? If so what are the installments?

I suspect it's nonsense but it could be exactly the kind of haggling over the wording of the contract that holds up a deal.

Imagine if palace are paying 3m every six months for three years, and we somehow agreed to it without realising that we're obliged to hand 1.8m of the first installment straight to Adam...

• Like 1

Just think how many layers there are to go through now at Rovers...

Player and his agent(s)

Head Coach and his assistant

DoF

CEO

Owners man

Finance men both club and owners and maybe even bank manager

Owners themselves, thousands of miles away in a different time zone, sometimes answering sometimes not and you never know which one will take the call.

Club secretary....

Crazy stuff and instead of being more straightforward and smoothing out the process the addition of a DoF model seems to have complicated things even more.

Anyone stop to think that McGuire’s agent tried to play SW and Rovers off against each other? Failed. Turned to BRFC to take his client. 

• Like 1

Let's imagine that Rovers do finish this window and these next 8 hours in a positive fashion we don't anticipate - Maguire signs, other (good) money signings too, sensible loans (in and out).

That does not excuse the fact that - YET AGAIN - Rovers have had their reputation dragged through the mud due to obvious incompetence from the very top. Laughing stock, unreliable, unprofessional, incompetent from top to bottom, clown owners and senior management. 

Signing some players will not erase that. How much for 5,000 tennis balls?

• Like 7

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Let's imagine that Rovers do finish this window and these next 8 hours in a positive fashion we don't anticipate - Maguire signs, other (good) money signings too, sensible loans (in and out).

That does not excuse the fact that - YET AGAIN - Rovers have had their reputation dragged through the mud due to obvious incompetence from the very top. Laughing stock, unreliable, unprofessional, incompetent from top to bottom, clown owners and senior management. 

Signing some players will not erase that. How much for 5,000 tennis balls?

10000 would be better

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

So, does anyone know much about McGuire, in the vain hope we actually pull this deal off?

Is he just an out and out striker or can he play multiple positions? 

By the looks of him mate, he's a big clumsy centre forward and nothing more. Not necessarily a dig at him, it's just his size and the way he moves. Certainly not graceful. Hopefully he bullies people. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 3

I don't buy the loyalty bonus story for a second.

Like most of the things surrounding this saga, it makes no sense.

First of all, I doubt that Wharton had the leverage to negotiate that kind of percentage (or to have that type of unpaid bonus).

Secondly, are we really supposed to believe that would expect to be paid before we are? And that this would hold the transfer up? 

• Like 2