BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

From the BBC

Hull are now in advanced talks with Burnley over a loan deal for winger Anass Zaroury.The Tigers are having some window, having already brought in Fabio Carvalho from Liverpool and Abdulkadir Omur - better known as the 'Turkish Messi'.

Now that's what you do when you want to get promotion

I seem to remember the business that Stoke did a couple of summers back was lauded on here as being light years ahead of what we did... didn't work out too great for them in the end, might be similar for Hull.

Just trying to focus on potential positives!!

• Like 2

Just now, Atko's Engine said:

I seem to remember the business that Stoke did a couple of summers back was lauded on here as being light years ahead of what we did... didn't work out too great for them in the end, might be similar for Hull.

Just trying to focus on potential positives!!

People on here were going nuts about how good Stokes and Birmingham's transfer business was this summer just gone

• Like 3

I feel like amidst the hysteria of deadline day and of course what happened overnight, how bad this window is shaping up has been somewhat lost.

I get the angle with people saying we can try before we buy with McGuire. Hes a 22 year old whose season hasnt started so hes hardly likely to hit the ground running to justify a huge fee inflated due to the fact we cant afford a buy anymore.

Koumetio has had 2 loan spells at really poor levels and has barely played in either. It seems like we will be going permanently to a back 3 which considering we have 2 fit full/wing backs is a huge concern, before considering the gaping hole in midfield.

Its obviously an issue of financing deals so it lands square at the feet of the owners. I dont think Broughton is a good DOF to be honest but its not down to him.

• Like 8

We're gonna end up with just the 37 year old for 6 months and the Liverpool kid who couldn't hack it in a part-time french team for 6 months.

Hull had owners they despised fairly recently, now they're making a real statement to finish Top 6. To think so many of our fans think we'd become Bury without Venkys. Open your eyes lads, we're more likely to go that way with them here!

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

From the BBC

Hull are now in advanced talks with Burnley over a loan deal for winger Anass Zaroury.The Tigers are having some window, having already brought in Fabio Carvalho from Liverpool and Abdulkadir Omur - better known as the 'Turkish Messi'.

Now that's what you do when you want to get promotion

No FFP cycle talk there. Just action.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

This is code for, this deal isn't happening.

Really too bad they didn’t have any time to sort this out over the last, I don’t know, 30 days?  FFS it’s like it’s a surprise about the work permit and contracts. 

• Like 4

Just now, yankfan said:

Really too bad they didn’t have any time to sort this out over the last, I don’t know, 30 days?  FFS it’s like it’s a surprise about the work permit and contracts. 

Everything seems to come as a surprise to our management.

Queries from the EFL (O Brien) Bonus entitlement (Wharton) requirements for overseas transfers (Mcguire)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Pickering is out for four to five weeks and Brittain is out for about a month, so Chrisene is first choice atm. Makes sense with a cheap cover on loan if he doesn't trust Batty. 

With all these centre backs I think we are going with a 3 man defence and abandoning fullbacks

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

With all these centre backs I think we are going with a 3 man defence and abandoning fullbacks

In which case we need Hedges back on the left as Soggy is a lability as a wing back on that side.

• Like 1

I promised myself I would only post my feelings on the transfer window after it closed but the clowns down there are making it really difficult.....

And wtf are all these loans? Either we've got a recruitment team who can hang their hats on quality of signings based on their so-called skills or they are not worth employing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Worth noting JDT's comments that buying players in this window is risky and cleat that V's won't want to spend now - if at all- anyway.  That said we might end up signing McGuire through embarrassment.

I reckon they have no shame and will fuck the paperwork up again 

3 minutes ago, LDRover said:

I promised myself I would only post my feelings on the transfer window after it closed but the clowns down there are making it really difficult.....

And wtf are all these loans? Either we've got a recruitment team who can hang their hats on quality of signings based on their so-called skills or they are not worth employing.

I succumbed too, it's so ludicrous.

5 hours to go, unless something completely unexpected happens which hasn't previously been mooted anywhere it's impossible to believe JDT will be remotely happy.