BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Just now, MB Rover said:

I can’t watch Jake Garrett for 4 months. I just can’t. I’m so done with this football club. 

I think there's a player in Garrett, but he needs a L1 loan. So does Leonard really. Sadly with these owners in charge they're being relied upon for serious minutes in the Championship.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

It was a term phrased a lot during Venkys tenure, however it needs to be brought back. This is asset srripping at its finest. Anything that can be sold for any worth it's gone. The V's are playing their own version of bargain hunt and we sadly are the viewer. 

Technically (pedantically if you prefer) …it can’t be asset stripping as they’ve put more in than they can ever get back. This is loss mitigation. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If we got £500 k from Stoke for him it’s a miracle.

Two conkers and a dead frog maybe. I don't understand why Stoke would pay anything. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think there's a player in Garrett, but he needs a L1 loan. So does Leonard really. Sadly with these owners in charge they're being relied upon for serious minutes in the Championship.

Will have to disagree on that. Seen better touches at soccerdome on Friday nights.

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I understand that we lose money. It's the flat £20m a year figure that's clearly dodgy as hell.

We've lost Dack, Brereton-Diaz, Ayala, Kaminski, Rothwell, Lenihan, Johnson etc etc from the wage bill in the last few years. All the big earners (bar Gallagher) have gone, yet that mysterious £20m figure remains. 

We're literally operating with loans, Academy graduates and L1 punts now. 

It isn’t a flat £20 million.

IMG_1521.thumb.jpeg.073df1ee631daf4d9675586a4ca04a73.jpeg

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

apart from a bright half and hour away to rotherham,he`s looked fat,slow and well off match fitness,it was clear as soon as he landed that jdt did`nt take to him,yes well done greg,not quite clinton mola standard but close

I was amazed at how slow he is. I was told by my Plymouth supporting mate that's he's a pressing forward who brings great energy. He looked like he was running in treacle. 

• Like 1

I'm actually at the point again like I was under Mowbray where I hope rovers get beat so we'll go down and venkys eff off. Unlike Mowbray I like jdt. Just pissed off with the whole club. I really couldn't give a toss anymore.  Rovers have been flat lining for the past 10 years and those cnuts have refused to defibrillate the club

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That was then before the Indian Court proceedings and this is now in case you hadn't noticed.

I'm sure you have but are on the wind up.

The post I was responding to said we should bring back the talk of Venkys asset stripping. I'm not happy with how they run the club but I don't think this can accurately be labelled at them. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I understand that we lose money. It's the flat £20m a year figure that's clearly dodgy as hell.

We've lost Dack, Brereton-Diaz, Ayala, Kaminski, Rothwell, Lenihan, Johnson etc etc from the wage bill in the last few years. All the big earners (bar Gallagher) have gone, yet that mysterious £20m figure remains. 

We're literally operating with loans, Academy graduates and L1 punts now. 

Yeah I’m intrigued to see the next set of finances. 
We have shipped off all high earners like you said, obviously others get pay rises but nothing like the Dack / Ayala level. Gallagher is the only one left. 

Add to the fact that Waggott got his bonus for increasing ticket revenue (even though it’s shite) and all the cup run money for 2 years straight, the year we were on TV for like 30 of the 46 games.

All the above, we should be well down £10m a year loss before any player trading which is far more stomachable and within FFP too. 

Just seems bizarre that the dial barely moves for our yearly losses. 

• Like 1

The midfielder not joining then.

JDT'S challenge to the club was that his squad needed to be stronger coming out of the window than going in.  

On that measure they've failed.

Incompetence, financial restraints?

The battle is on to keep the club in this division.

Edited by Paul Mellelieu
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I was amazed at how slow he is. I was told by my Plymouth supporting mate that's he's a pressing forward who brings great energy. He looked like he was running in treacle. 

He’ll wake up one morning totally pot-less and wonder where it went wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Wonder if the kids basketball hoop is a permanent arrival or if it's also on a try before you buy deal 🤑

He'll have brought it himself, there's no way we've paid for it.

• Like 1

Just now, roverandout said:

I'm actually at the point again like I was under Mowbray where I hope rovers get beat so we'll go down and venkys eff off. 

Why assume they'd go if we were relegated? 

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Gallagher, McGuire and Telalovic as the 3 forwards.

Hopefully they had a loan lined up for Leonard. The lad may have potential, but he needs a chance to play 15+ games at a (good) L1 team. Bolton? 

Had responded to you saying it isn't confirmed yet, but hadn't seen the twitter update...

Problem with those three as a forward lineup is that Gallagher is injury prone lately, Telalovic may not be at the required level and McGuire is a young lad moving to a new country having not played at a level beyond the MLS at this point.

I'd keep Leonard personally. If Gallagher gets injured again I think he'll be needed. 

• Like 1