BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

17 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Hmmm. But are you entirely content that the 2012 relegation was purely accidental?

Nah, we really tried our hardest in that spurs away game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sverrehh said:

In the post match interview JDT said that one of the signings last played in November, one signing has played 89 (to my memory) minutes in total this season and the rest were young loan players who need to get up to speed...

He clearly is not happy

I wonder whether he got his info from on here 🤔🧐

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Neither McFad nor Fleck are fit. I could not believe they were even on the bench

They both been on the bench for the club's they came from.

Not sure on fleck but McFad made every bench for Coventry.

Certainly understand why they wouldn't have started yesterday but absolutely no reason for them not being on the bench 

• Like 3

Andy Bayes

@AndyBayes

·

14m

McGuire latest - legal chats & meetings taking place over this weekend & with the football authorities tomorrow. If McGuire can’t be registered by Blackburn then he will return to Orlando with talks over a pre-contract likely.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Andy Bayes

@AndyBayes

·

14m

McGuire latest - legal chats & meetings taking place over this weekend & with the football authorities tomorrow. If McGuire can’t be registered by Blackburn then he will return to Orlando with talks over a pre-contract likely.

Jesus. 

4 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Andy Bayes

@AndyBayes

·

14m

Even if McGuire is given clearance to sign and play the very fact talks are still going on three days after the window closed is enough for a full investigation particularly after Broughton's big talk about reviewing processes after the O'Brien farce. I wonder if there will be another expensive appeal like last time even though the fault for the debacle was entirely of Rovers own doing. 

2 reasons he could still be interested in joining us if this falls through. 1 - it genuinely isn't our fault this time, for example if Orlando didn't do something. Yep, more likely it was us. 2 - the desperation to try and make it in England, which includes if we offer him/Orlando the best terms. 

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Even if McGuire is given clearance to sign and play the very fact talks are still going on three days after the window closed is enough for a full investigation particularly after Broughton's big talk about reviewing processes after the O'Brien farce. I wonder if there will be another expensive appeal like last time even though the fault for the debacle was entirely of Rovers own doing. 

Worth noting that Waggot mentioned that he wasn't "in the building" during the O'Brien episode, and so can assume he was this time.

It's Venkys.

Always has been, always will be.

Employees will come up with stories and excuses to cover themselves and avoid incurring the wrath of the Indians.

But ultimately they need to approve things. And they won't move quickly, and if they can't agree on things then it either drifts until too late or doesn't happen.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

They're literally just saving face. 

Cheaper to go through a legal exercise to make it look like they aren't in the wrong, when in fact they are.

No wonder the loan to buy was $6m!!! They had no intention of correctly sealing the deal.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

QPR brought on some of their last minute signings. 

Ours were either missing altogether, not fit enough or not good enough to come on.  

Kevin Gallagher alluded to it on the radio. 

Says all you need to know about our window. 

We also brought in 3 CBs in January, only to watch our stubborn manager go away from the 5 at the back formation he'd used the last 2 matches to revert to the 4-2-3-1 with the bonkers advanced WBs. 

I like JDT, but he was clearly making a point against QPR. Sadly for us it backfired - JDT will swan off to another club so he won't feel the pain of the relegation his ego is sleepwalking us towards. 

McGuire left Brockhall this morning with his mum in a vehicle from Rovers. Allegedly going to Manchester, but can’t get 100% info on whether it’s for the day, for the night, or in a car full of bags never to come back. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We also brought in 3 CBs in January, only to watch our stubborn manager go away from the 5 at the back formation he'd used the last 2 matches to revert to the 4-2-3-1 with the bonkers advanced WBs. 

I like JDT, but he was clearly making a point against QPR. Sadly for us it backfired - JDT will swan off to another club so he won't feel the pain of the relegation his ego is sleepwalking us towards. 

I mean of those 3 cbs, one is an untested project from l2 crewe, one is 37 years old and clearly not fit, and the other is failed loanee. I can see why he didn't want to chuck them in the deep end

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J*B said:

McGuire left Brockhall this morning with his mum in a vehicle from Rovers. Allegedly going to Manchester, but can’t get 100% info on whether it’s for the day, for the night, or in a car full of bags never to come back. 

I have a feeling which one it is.