BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

In itself that would take us down. Just isn't enough to fund a Champion ship team. As we are already seeing.

Probably in talks with  Broughtons and JDTs replacements Anderson and Kean ,being convinced that they can get us promoted on much less of a budget we have now 

39 minutes ago, KentExile said:

According to this, he is

https://www.rovers.co.uk/club/staff/

Mike Cheston - Finance Director

Ashfaq Hasan -  Head of Finance

* Not sure it is up to  date

If both of your main finance people leave it is never a good sign for a business continuing as a going concern.

The times I have seen this is when something dodgy has happened by the finance team or when you are about to enter administration etc and they are trying to protect their future employment prospects.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, phili said:

If both of your main finance people leave it is never a good sign for a business continuing as a going concern.

The times I have seen this is when something dodgy has happened by the finance team or when you are about to enter administration etc and they are trying to protect their future employment prospects.

id`e gladly take adminstration if it got rid of the imbeciles currently running my club

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Smoke and mirrors, it wasn’t submitted because it was never going to be. We don’t spend the money we make, so why bother ‘making’ any? May as well have kept Adam because that performance last Saturday is exactly what a Rovers team without him looks like. We used to be exciting but shite now we’re boring and shite.

Conspiracy bollocks.

Perhaps these two indicated the finances were there in enough liquidity at the time to get the deal done then realised it wasn't ?

Theory number 76

More likely they are taking the rap for India if they are being shunted out when really the issues were at that end in terms of communication, or lack of.

And what of the new Venky finance guy that was recently put on the board but resides out there is he anothe layer becoming involved who hasn't got the fist clue what he is doing ?

Quite likely i'd say.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, phili said:

Interesting to know! 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Or someone at  the club didn't want the deal to go through 

Listen 24 hours earlier Broughton was permanent bids for players but again lastminute.com Venky scum turn around and say no you can't have any of the Wharton money.Making his job even more impossible in trying to get the players the manager needs 

If you and others want to make GB the fall guy fair enough, but I ain't doing that and seemingly the head coach isn't either 

Again GB can't be expected to do every single thing on deadline day when other players other than McGuire needed to be brought in.All other deals fine but the one that looks like costing messes up cmon it is it's feck Broughton's fault 

One thing we all (well, almost all) can clearly see is that Broughton is not THE problem. Nor the primary reason for a shit show of a transfer window where we again end it weaker than we started it, with cut backs and moving of goalposts galore.

But he does have an element of blame. He is responsible for overlooking recruitment, the buck stops with him. Moran had a shocker as a deep lying midfielder on Saturday, Tomasson gets the blame for that even though it wasnt him sat deep in our midfield. He should have been extra vigilant to make sure it went through, he has now overseen 3 incidents like this and has made his stay here (in normal circumstances under normal owners) impossible. This idea that hes a busy man dealing with other things doesnt wash, especially when the bit that fell through was the most important deal.

Broughton needs to go, not as a fall guy and not on his own. 

2 hours ago, J*B said:

I heard Mike Cheston and Ashfaq Hassan have both left. Not sure under what circumstance and for legal reasons I must stress that is not confirmed and doesn’t necessarily mean it’s connected. 

Most likely saving on the wage bill like every other move we’ve made 

11 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Message must've come directly from India via Suhail. JDT wouldn't have mentioned his name otherwise. SW being kept in the loop so knows the whole story too, while GB and JDT are frustrated as hell, but GB is the cooler head.

I hope GB and JDT ride this one off, and good to see that JDT had GBs back and put pressure on the board and enlighten the fans. Unfortunately some fans are too blind to see it.

Not good enough. Money should have be spent in this window

11 hours ago, phili said:

I would expect they haven't been given permission to do so from Venky's.

Pathetic again. Communication with the fans is a must and First responsibility of them as owners. Just be open, honest and transparent 

11 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

P.S. Also just want to point out, as i've also seen you mention him on Twitter recently, that Max Bird was bought by Bristol City and loaned back to Derby a few days ago.

Yes I know that

10 hours ago, phili said:

Both sold, Gallagher leaves on a free, hyam and tronstad also sold if suitable offers come in

I believe they will be after another 25% budget reduction.

You can't cut the budget anymore. It would unstainable. Time to sell the club 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

According to this, he is

https://www.rovers.co.uk/club/staff/

Mike Cheston - Finance Director

Ashfaq Hasan -  Head of Finance

* Not sure it is up to  date

Can someone explain the difference between the two?

Cheston does the plus column and Hasan does the minus column?

Same with head coach and director of football: two people doing the job of one

And the club is supposed to be short of money

• Like 1

You can’t make this shite up:

“More has now come out on the most recent mess up by the club. #Rovers thought they clicked “submit paperwork” before the deadline, but they only clicked “save”. When they realized it wasn’t submitted, the window had already shut. - Tom Bogert”

37 minutes ago, phili said:

I’ve been thinking about this since I heard the rumour.

There’s either financial impropriety at play or reputational preservation, just as you said. It’s a strange occurrence otherwise.

Administration makes little sense with the Wharton money on the books (depending how it’s accounted, I’m not familiar with how receivables work in football accounting terms) and an upcoming court case to determine whether more funds are sent, the last of which allowed funds to be sent. It’s a going concern, purely on the basis of those two points and - I assume - no radical cost increases across the business.

From what we know, I can’t see administration. The other option - that something “serious” has happened in finance or they’ve been asked to do something “serious” - well, I can make more sense of that.

7 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

I’ve been thinking about this since I heard the rumour.

There’s either financial impropriety at play or reputational preservation, just as you said. It’s a strange occurrence otherwise.

Administration makes little sense with the Wharton money on the books (depending how it’s accounted, I’m not familiar with how receivables work in football accounting terms) and an upcoming court case to determine whether more funds are sent, the last of which allowed funds to be sent. It’s a going concern, purely on the basis of those two points and - I assume - no radical cost increases across the business.

From what we know, I can’t see administration. The other option - that something “serious” has happened in finance or they’ve been asked to do something “serious” - well, I can make more sense of that.

What happens on the 12th March when the next hearing is due if the Indian Courts say 'no' to the money being sent over and the next transfer window is 12 weeks away?

Edited by TugaysMarlboro

7 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

venkys profits did take a nosedive last year,maybe their chicken business has a serious rival

• Like 1

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, yankfan said:

You can’t make this shite up:

“More has now come out on the most recent mess up by the club. #Rovers thought they clicked “submit paperwork” before the deadline, but they only clicked “save”. When they realized it wasn’t submitted, the window had already shut. - Tom Bogert”

Been posted a few pages back.

But no harm doing it again in invisible ink I suppose.

Maybe if we can't see it, it will cease to exist.  

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

It’s a going concern, purely on the basis of those two points and - I assume - no radical cost increases across the business.

From the accounts point of view does the going concern assessment has to cover a period of atleast 12 months from the sign off date. Does the £18m cover us for a year? (The rest is add-ons isn't it?). I'd say the fact that we have to go to court to get funding means that the owners can't provide a letter of comfort/ support to cover our losses. I'm personally very interested to see our accounts when they're signed off. 

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

One thing we all (well, almost all) can clearly see is that Broughton is not THE problem. Nor the primary reason for a shit show of a transfer window where we again end it weaker than we started it, with cut backs and moving of goalposts galore.

But he does have an element of blame. He is responsible for overlooking recruitment, the buck stops with him. Moran had a shocker as a deep lying midfielder on Saturday, Tomasson gets the blame for that even though it wasnt him sat deep in our midfield. He should have been extra vigilant to make sure it went through, he has now overseen 3 incidents like this and has made his stay here (in normal circumstances under normal owners) impossible. This idea that hes a busy man dealing with other things doesnt wash, especially when the bit that fell through was the most important deal.

Broughton needs to go, not as a fall guy and not on his own. 

I just find it too suspicious that this could happen three times and too convenient that it's the signings that cost a bit more than usual .

Fleck was confirmed after and there wasn't a mention of his name all day.Have no issues with paperwork when it comes to the other deals 

Listen Iv said many times I do not think Broughton is doing an outstanding job in fairness some of our recruitment has been shocking but when he thought he had a better budget even not a decent one much better players were being targeted and last summer when money was spent then 2 hsve done very well and one average but not bad for a million and the signing players up to contracts (which wasn't happening before) have been good things .Like some blame him for the fact no experience was brought in in the summer

If we had new owners in the morning I would want him replaced and a clean sweep across the board including JDT even tho I rate him big time and think he could do good things with backing , too much of the support base have their set opinion of him now 

He isn't responsible for it but since last summer £22.5+ Raya money incoming million worth of player sales has been brought into the club along with losing some higher wages and he has had probably just over £1 million pound to replace them 

If he goes under the current lot we will get equal or worse ,and I expect JDT knows more than us what went on and he did not mention Broughtons name 

8 hours ago, alex l said:

Yeah about that apology I was hoping for...

Screenshot_20240206-132450.png

Unacceptable from Rovers and people must be relieve from their roles. 

I don't blame GB for this and the blame is on the admin side of the Club again

7 hours ago, TommyRovers said:

It's the responsibility of Ian Sylvester. No questions there.

💯 %

3 hours ago, J*B said:

I heard Mike Cheston and Ashfaq Hassan have both left. Not sure under what circumstance and for legal reasons I must stress that is not confirmed and doesn’t necessarily mean it’s connected. 

Interesting. So your finance director and Head of finance leave the club on the sane deal. 

You still think Silvester has gone as you posted on Sunday? 

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Where else did Broughton have to be other than check everything went through smoothly?

Broughton isn't in charge of submitting paperwork that's the job of the club secretary to do that. 

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

He’s lost @RevidgeBlue ‘s vote with that 😁😁

Tim Farron's post is spot on.