BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 4/10/2023

3 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Well let's see where we are after Gallagher, Ennis, Leonard and Hedges are fit again. The sooner the better obviously. 

Yes it's obvious that we are all miserable right now... But some posters, one in particular, calling Carter shite is just wrong. Travis is hit or miss for me right now. 

Hanging our hats on those four players to get us out of the shit speaks volumes. I’ll leave Ennis out of this because he hasn’t played enough to evaluate but the other three are really only bench fillers.

• Like 4

Deserved a draw tonight and looked far more solid which gives a bit of hope for future away games but we really need to start picking points up.

Too many games throw away already this season with fur coat no knickers football so nice to see JDT has wised up a bit.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Well let's see where we are after Gallagher, Ennis, Leonard and Hedges are fit again. The sooner the better obviously. 

Yes it's obvious that we are all miserable right now... But some posters, one in particular, calling Carter shite is just wrong. Travis is hit or miss for me right now. 

Trouble is you can't hang your hat on any of them and by the time they are fit another few won't be.

Paper thin cutback squad means we'll pay the price.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Outside the cup games are attack has been toothless all season. We’ve created many more opportunities and good ones than our opponents but simply can’t finish

It has but prior to this evening we've scored in every match bar one. We either defend better and hope for a 0-0, or to nick a goal and take all 3 points, or we go all out attack have loads of chances and hopefully score more than the opposition (and usually don't). That's the trouble with having no clinical strikers, you need to throw everything forward all match and risk getting caught on the break. Players like Szmodics will score playing like that but tonight he was helping out a lot in midfield.

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, martonrover said:

We’ve won five of our last twenty one league games.

Wow, what a stat.

The night gets more depressing. 

I've instantly googled win % relegation and it gave me 19%.

That stat gives us 24%.

So we're good right. 

• Like 3

Very dissapointing result, a few observations.

I felt the goal should have stood, just read it was the same ref who allowed the goalkeeper handball unbelievable.

We must be worst in league at scoring from crosses into box/set pieces?

JRC inneffective in midfield, though some promising moves.

Travis v inneffective coming on against a team who'd parked the bus after scoring, pointless sub.

Tronstad very effective imo, some positive forward passes. Would like to see more of him.

Telalovic at least gave the ball to a teammate everytime he touched it. And he did manage a few touches this time.

Sick of seeing dolan do fancy tricks just to turn backwards, whats the point of tricks if you never beat your man. Again so inneffectual. Markanday has looked ok. No idea how he managed to win so many high long balls.

Siggy was selfish and had two players to square it to. Must feel a lot of pressure to do it himself though.

Hill looks good, keeper didnt put a foot wrong but looks happy to play risky short passes, will get caught out.

We need to start winning a few...

• Like 1

We deserved far more than we got tonight and the performance was really good as we moved the ball about with a good tempo. I can't get as maudlin as some though because I believe that Tomasson will come good with these players. We were solid in midfield and defence tonight which has been a bit of an Achilles Heel for us recently and the pace of Dolan, Markanday and Szmodics really worried Coventry. Of course there are things to be critical of but for me the green shoots are growing and will flourish again soon. I am enjoying the football we are playing. I know it's about results and I would trade the two in a heartbeat but we are a work in progress and I think we have to be patient however frustrating it gets.

• Like 7

I thought Coventry were awful but unfortunately, we have the uncanny ability to play slightly worse than the opposition no matter how good or bad they are.

Very little quality in our team. No conviction in anything we do. No leaders.  Look at the last 10 minutes after we went behind - we hardly got the ball in the box and continued to tip tap the ball around in areas of the pitch that caused the opposition no problems at all.

No goal threat and a shaky defence. All the traits of relegation candidates. 

We have played some entertaining football at time this season but there is nowhere near enough desire to win. No belief either.

• Like 2

We're effed. We'll probably end up around 15th, with JDT and several players leaving in summer, and then relegated next season. Whoever the current Danny Guthrie, Chris and Wes Browns are, will be the spine of our team next season. I hope Venkys lose all their money and assets and have to sell up, and live on the streets in Pune.

I didn't go to the match, so the result is not my fault. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, martonrover said:

We can bang on all night about luck and referees, (doesn’t wash with me).
We have sick note, unreliable strikers and an imbalanced, inexperienced squad.

"an imbalanced, inexperienced, lightweight and height challenged squad full of midfielders " who get bounced off the ball as if they were ping pong balls.

• Like 3

Slept on it me. Chilled , kidding .

Why didn't sig pass,? why play balls across the box when we've no striker on the pitch? Why buy a striker not up to the task , it's like cutting your nose off to spite your face? Why was Ennis on the bench if he can't come on for 20 mins? Why does jdt obsess with willy wonka and play up with munchkins? Bring back Hughes bully boys , we need scrappers in a relegation battle and this set up from top to bottom doesn't have it .

If we have no strikers for qpr why not do a Hendry or Sutton and get hill up front or one of the big lads and stuff tippy tappy crappie. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, martonrover said:

We can bang on all night about luck and referees, (doesn’t wash with me).
We have sick note, unreliable strikers and an imbalanced, inexperienced squad.

Lucky the manager's name is Jon and not Tony. Pitiful stat.

12 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Just watched Newcastle highlights. A few seasons ago they were relegated and did poorly with terrible owners. Now look at them. Gives me hope! It can get better for Rovers. We know the true cause.

Any links to jdts interview on BBC twitter?

https://x.com/bbclancssport/status/1709690850823840041?s=46&t=eQpRIP77C9LnHMZexFr0xg

• Like 1