BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/12/23

22 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

worst performance of the season imo but 3 points so it`s not all bad

moran was poor,he`s a typical academy player to me,easily knocked off the ball and can`t tackle back

siggy looked back to his previous good form

ennis lacks match fitness,leonard was awol

please stop f*****g about with the ball in our own penalty area,it`s blackburn not barcelona

He was very poor today, but think thats really harsh on Moran. Hes not quite Harvey Elliott but hes been a very good attacking mid for us. Really rate him.

• Like 5

Pleased for Leo tonight. Had possibly his best game in a rovers shirt. He got a bit of love from the blackburn end at the end which should help build his confidence. His timing is good as Pears is getting close to a return, I'd stick with Leo.

Thought Tronstad was brilliant for 70 mins. But like others he tired. Adam Wharton is pure class and we missed when he came off as we struggled to keeper hold of the ball.

Other notes:

Brittain better at right back

Siggurdsons ability to find the net means a longer run in the side is probably due.

Ennis showed some promising sides but needed to show for the ball more.

Moran was dreadful and did well to stay on the pitch as long as he did.

• Like 1

As others have said we played crap but got the win. The Siggy goal was probably the only bit of class all night from either side.

Probably the fact it’s a Tuesday night and our home form has been poor but was really quiet on the ground tonight in terms of numbers and atmosphere.

Looked a lot more balanced team tonight with everyone in their proper positions. A few stinking performances from Moran and Leonard, but good ones from Tronstad, Whalstedt and Siggy.

Edited by roverblue

Very satisfying, gritty win from a really poor quality game against perhaps the worst team to come to Ewood this season. The small squad looks to be catching up on us with fatigue evident throughout but good spirit to get over the line.

Sigurdsson got the man of the match but that was a strange pick, aside from a nice finish he wasnt particularly good. I compared him to a less effective Brereton at the weekend, his general play can be quite scruffy and he is prone to losing the ball but unlike anyone bar Szmodics, he actually provides a goal threat so is certainly worth a start for that as we sorely lack it otherwise.

Wahlstedt was man of the match in my opinion, made a few key saves, he had one unnecessary flap but I loved his commanding catch before full time, exactly what was needed. I also think Tronstad and Wharton continue to impress as a pairing, the former is so consistent in protecting the defence and the latter plays with one or two less touches than anyone else because he is a step ahead.

The striking situation is clearly less than ideal. Ennis looked like a player understandably rusty and his repeated tendency to be caught offside broke down attacks. That said, compared to Leonard who is so lightweight, he uses his body well and brings others into play. It might be a case of using Ennis as much as is deemed possible without over exerting him and rotating with Leonard until Gallagher is back.

Szmodics was really off it all game, he is desperate for a rest. Moran was really poor too. Pickering was typically steady, Carter and Brittain were both fine, Scott Wharton is such a threat from set pieces but both on the ball and on the turn he is a liability.

9 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Do they still count season ticket holders even if they don’t show? Place looked empty tonight and loads of regulars near me didn’t show up 

Yes they do, exactly the same as all other professional clubs do. ST holders have paid for tickets so are counted, standard accounting practice.

Years ago I remember John Williams telling the Fans Forum that on average 10% of ST holders don’t turn up for any given home game. It’s obviously more for a midweek game on a cold night just before Christmas for a game against a team neither at the top of the table or a local derby than for a standard 3pm Saturday game.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Very satisfying, gritty win from a really poor quality game against perhaps the worst team to come to Ewood this season. The small squad looks to be catching up on us with fatigue evident throughout but good spirit to get over the line.

Sigurdsson got the man of the match but that was a strange pick, aside from a nice finish he wasnt particularly good. I compared him to a less effective Brereton at the weekend, his general play can be quite scruffy and he is prone to losing the ball but unlike anyone bar Szmodics, he actually provides a goal threat so is certainly worth a start for that as we sorely lack it otherwise.

Wahlstedt was man of the match in my opinion, made a few key saves, he had one unnecessary flap but I loved his commanding catch before full time, exactly what was needed. I also think Tronstad and Wharton continue to impress as a pairing, the former is so consistent in protecting the defence and the latter plays with one or two less touches than anyone else because he is a step ahead.

The striking situation is clearly less than ideal. Ennis looked like a player understandably rusty and his repeated tendency to be caught offside broke down attacks. That said, compared to Leonard who is so lightweight, he uses his body well and brings others into play. It might be a case of using Ennis as much as is deemed possible without over exerting him and rotating with Leonard until Gallagher is back.

Szmodics was really off it all game, he is desperate for a rest. Moran was really poor too. Pickering was typically steady, Carter and Brittain were both fine, Scott Wharton is such a threat from set pieces but both on the ball and on the turn he is a liability.

About 30 seconds before Siggurdson's name appeared on the board, we were saying how much he'd put into the game. 

Last week on here I doubted his attitude, tonight he covered as much ground as anyone, he made recovery runs from first minute to the last, and scored a great goal. 

He may or may not have been man of the match, but he certainly answered some questions. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, M_B said:

About 30 seconds before Siggurdson's name appeared on the board, we were saying how much he'd put into the game. 

Last week on here I doubted his attitude, tonight he covered as much ground as anyone, he made recovery runs from first minute to the last, and scored a great goal. 

He may or may not have been man of the match, but he certainly answered some questions. 

He has previous regarding ducking out of challenges but didnt see that tonight. He also had energy to the end when others didnt.

He offers a goal threat that others dont too. Wonder whether he will sign longer term as he could now feasibly sign a pre contract. Rich Sharpe said there was something in place until 2025 and his contract at CSKA ends in May and not June but I wonder if the budget slashing may impact any deal? Seems a no brainer on a free even if he hasnt always convinced, its an extra goal threat.

18 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Either way it's 10000 less than what it should be.

In reality we're lucky that many turned up given the club has absolutely zero ambition and treats the fans like absolute shit.

Venkys or no Venkys there is no way Blackburn Rovers is getting 21k for a midtable second tier tussle with Bristol City on a Tues in December !

Certainly should be 2 or 3 thousand more though.

However Blackburn Rovers aren't going to sell more of some of the top 6 or 7 most expensive season tickets in this league after a decade of crackpot ownership and publicly declaring there is no ambition other than to stay up. !

• Like 6

Good win, ropey performance, stomach in knots for the last 20 minutes, so how very Rovers.

Tronstad, Leo and Siggy deserve lots of praise. 

As much as they seemed to turn it on from their goal, I think it was more of a case we fatigued at a greater rate than any other game this season. Which is completely understandable given the game time most of these players have had. 

One observation I had about the subs was the difference between Garrett and Trav, you would never have guessed which was the club captain and which was the lad finding his feet in the Pro game. Garrett was cool and confident on the ball and Trav was like a bull in a China shop with all that he did, he is so cumbersome!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Those 10,000 will never come back whilst the Chicken Chokers are still ruining the club.

Sorry possibly unpopular opinion, but think your missing out on some of the best football and games in years... the club is what it is, if you take everything away, we are a championship club and have been just shy of the play offs for the last 3yrs.. 

Personally would say don't let the bitterness of Venkys and thoughts on 'how things used to be' waste available days and times of your life.. just let it go if you can..

Sorry of this sounds condescending its not intended that way 

Edited by Darwen Rover 007
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Venkys or no Venkys there is no way Blackburn Rovers is getting 21k for a midtable second tier tussle with Bristol City on a Tues in December !

Certainly should be 2 or 3 thousand more though.

However Blackburn Rovers aren't going to sell more of some of the top 6 or 7 most expensive season tickets in this league after a decade of crackpot ownership and publicly declaring there is no ambition other than to stay up. !

Maybe 21k is pushing it but 16-18 should be the target.

Well it would be if there was a shred of ambition.