BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (a) - 26/12/23

• Backroom
Just now, B16Rover said:

All of this begs the question, where do we look once weve sold Wharton and Carter without reinvesting on February 1st 

We'll stay up this season, how comfortably I'm not sure right now. Probably depends how fortunate we are with injuries in the second half of the season.

Have to assume if JDT is offered anything remotely decent in the summer (or before) he will be off sharpish. Venky's will still likely only be able to cover costs at best and refuse/be unable to provide anything meaningful for transfers. 

At that point we are probably fucked. Next season could be really grim and make this season look like sunshine and rainbows in comparison. 

• Like 3

The past few years we have been smashing it around this time and dropped off into a huge slump narrowly missing out.

Hopefully after new year we can do the opposite.

Who knows.

I don't think the seasons over, not in the slightest, but I senced when Dolan was sent off that we may struggle through the demands of Christmas then re-group afterwards.

Maybe this will inspire some serious business in the January transfer window.

This feels like our Fulham defeat, let's see how the cookie crumbles.

Edited by Dontfuckwithcats

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

If he does I dont think he will be looking at many offers.

Hes absolutely shredding his own reputation at the moment. Our goal conceded record is mad, who would take that on?

Even away from that, his win rate may be decent for us but his loss rate is appalling - his brand of football has no idea how to grings out results and as soon as a couple of games in a row come up we collapse.

• Like 3

Summing up that we have no leaders on our pitch….

Jake Garrett, a young academy lad, eager no doubt, but not someone I’d describe as creative, decides he’s going to take a free kick from 30 odd yards out and have a go at goal. 

How is this allowed. it’s such low percentage, poor decision making, no leaders or authority in our shirts 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

(Tin hat on)

Did say at the time Nyambe would be the hardest of the outgoing players to replace.

Not Roberto Carlos in the final third but ver let us down.

Unfortunately he’s just committed to Derby long term. Give me him over Cowardly Callum any day.

3 minutes ago, moerpho said:

Here comes the man we’ve probably been missing - Hill for Hyam

Unless Hyam is turning up with 300 million in his back pocket, buying the club, going to take over as manager and borrow another 50million to replace the first team. I would not get your hopes up.

• Like 2