BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (a) - 26/12/23

5 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Darren Moore apparently had the players in for training on Xmas eve and Xmas day. He really cares.

Our lot have clearly been at home feet up on the mice pies and turkey.

Looking at our boxing day record it's a common theme here to relax Christmas Day.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, rovers11 said:

8 goals (and counting) in the past 3 games is also a major problem. The style of football is too expansive for the calibre of player we have. 

Goes beyond the last 3 games tbf, we've let in 42 goals in 24 games. Worse than Sheff Weds, worse than QPR. Second worst in the division behind Rotherham who are bottom. We are terrible defensively. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

8 goals (and counting) in the past 3 games is also a major problem. The style of football is too expansive for the calibre of player we have. 

Haven't we been saying this all season though ?

If the only aim is to stay up then this is the opposite way to go about it, even when it works in spells it always ends up costing us later in games anyway.

• Backroom
Just now, DE. said:

Goes beyond the last 3 games tbf, we've let in 42 goals in 24 games. Worse than Sheff Weds, worse than QPR. Second worst in the division behind Rotherham who are bottom. We are terrible defensively. 

Make that 43. 

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We've loaned some good ones to be fair with plenty experience and pedigree who've put the effort in here.

Problem now is the reliance on kids from Prem teams as starters for us after promising their parent clubs that's what they'll be if they knock a few quid of the wage,

Don't be fair to her, she's a complete and utter bell end. When she said we could rely on loans this is exactly what she meant. There was a similar comment about the academy. This was the plan all along. Relying on kids and loans and running a football club on the cheap as was pitched by that awful scumbag parasite agent whose name I won't mention.

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Owners are to blame for the disastrous summer window.

To be honest squad wise I dont think we are particularly stronger or weaker than last few years. Weve had a ridiculous  number of injuries but I wonder how much that comes from the style we play.

For me I think ultimately we are pursuing a style we can't sustain week after week. Mowbray had the same thing.

Its high risk high reward, and when its going against us the wheels come off.

• Like 1