BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (a) - 26/12/23

I don't think they are good enough to play any system. Too many out of form, young, or knackered lads out there expected to play too many minutes each game. No recognized strikers. A cheap defence and goalie.

As ordered by the CEO as the public face of the owners... Buy cheap or preferably free, sell any assets, and hang on in this league.

• Like 2

Looking at the players we have it reminds me of the joke about the lad pulling in for directions and the guy telling him "well I wouldn't start from here" 

There is so much wrong with this group of players. We need to knuckle down and hope we have accumilated enough points to stay up (I think we have), next season is terrifying.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think Waggott's modus operandi is survival in his job and the club to survive in the Championship (a self fulfilling prophecy which, IMO, has sucked all ambition, hunger and desire out of our club).  Just where the feck is the motivation for anyone!? 

Spot on. Its the only conceivable explanation for two largely different sets of players under two different managers failing to secure a play off spot when it looked impossible not to for two seasons running.

Then combine Waggott/Mowbray's negligence in not getting key players tied down with a subsequent reduction in funding and things look incredibly bleak.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Spot on. Its the only conceivable explanation for two largely different sets of players under two different managers failing to secure a play off spot when it looked impossible not to for two seasons running.

He should have gone for the O'Brien fiasco.

• Like 1

Hard to categorise these thoughts so will just lay them out 

Only two pros this half is the ref seems decent and the Huddersfield commentator is a nice listen.  

I just do not understand how Wharton, sigurdson, Ennis and szmodics fit today.  Let alone what Moran is bringing.  Sigurdson hangs out on the far left but we've no clear right winger?  Ennis seems to be bypassed by Wharton for balls in behind to Szmodics and leaves him to feed of scraps. 

Beyond that there's an underlying feeling of can't be arsed today. 

• Like 1

When you boil it down we take so many touches of the ball to craft a chance, for the opposition just a long punt down field can open us up.

I admire JDTs philosophy but equally you have to live in the real world.

In terms of second half get Garrett and Travis on, go back go the diamond thing, see what happens. Dont think we have many other cards to play.

• Like 2