BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (a) - 26/12/23

Just now, ABBEY said:

There's no stubborn just don't give a fuck owners ...

It's not entirely true though, they are imposing rules on the transfer policy. If they didn't give any fucks and let people get on with it, it would actually be better. They are the worst type of owners. Not putting anything in, interfering, and expecting to get something back even if it's buttons.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Venkys & Broughton.

Anyone blaming the manager the players is out of it. The fact that we're not in the relegation zone with this squad is nothing short of a miracle and we have JDT to thank. And this isn't meant to criticize the players - they are a bunch of academy lads in the first team for no other reason than we have lost every senior player of any experience or quality. They have shown some good qualities but that does not translate into well-rounded players fit for this level. The non-academy lads meanwhile were also not Championship quality, it's thanks to JDT they have developed at least somewhat and won us some points. 100% we would be in the relegation zone with a lot of other managers.

The blame, besides the obvious Venkys, lies on the shoulders of Broughton the complete clown. Yes we have a meager budget, but the club boasted that it got in 7 players during the summer window. The majority of whom are crocks or actual amateurs that we cannot use. That's on him. 

• Backroom
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The Burnley away game last season marked my card. That was the worst performance against Burnley in my lifetime.

That one still sticks in my craw too, although I was genuinely surprised how many didn't seem bothered that a Rovers team did not show up to compete against Burnley. Sign of the times perhaps.

The 4-0 against Rotherham shortly afterwards was almost as bad. Preston smashing us 4-1 at Ewood around that time was similarly embarrassing. We ended up putting that period behind us, and hopefully we'll do so again this season, but it's hard to trust many of the players who were a part of those performances again. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

I’m starting to feel contempt for the club I love .

Im sick of how the club is run, sick of how it is managed , sick of how it looks, sick of how those shirts are abused by many not fit to wear them…Ive been turning up season upon season…since 1965….feeling helpless . 

I've been in since '63 and my apathy is only increasing.

I even laughed when Ennis, the overweight 🍔 muncher, tried an overhead kick and could not get his spud sack of a body airborne.

That was abysmal today, lacking effort and desire.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, roverblue said:

I said the same after the Bristol game, that was the lowest actual attendance I’d seen on ewood at a league game for a long time. A few on here robustly defended it had anything to do with our atrocious home form or their saviour JdT though.

I really don’t want to go to the Rotherham game and wouldn’t if I wasn’t a season ticket holder.

I am also a season ticket holder and I won’t be on the Rotherham game … I can’t accept what is happening at our club at the moment .

Im livid with myself for feeling the pain I feel .. I detest the leadership 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

To be fair I believe JDT wants out and the fastest way is to be sacked......he's got zero backing.

He's on fools errand then because he will never get sacked Waggot hasn't the authority nor interest to bother. And the club just hasn't the money to pay him off so he'll have to walk.

All he is doing is making himself look clueless although it would do no harm to stand up and publically call out the ownership.

However today isn't down to that there were justified calls after Watford but today is all round bad tactics effort and attitude that is down to him no getting away from it, hapless child in the nets aside.

• Like 1

Develop the young blood and stay in the division is the only goal of the season to which JDT is following suit. We desperately lack additional legs and our players need help. Tired players very tired. Let Telalovic out on Loan Ennis as a back up. Bring in a striker. Carter to be honest i never quite got he hype would rather Wharton or Hill there. Wingers we need to get rid of all of them bar Arnor Siggy

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Pray the Indian courts refuse the January sustenance payment.

It will quickly unravel when we can't pay the players, staff and suppliers.

Was wondering what would happen IF one of the requests to transfer funds was denied. Presumably, as you say, that would bring a rapid close to their ownership.

Just now, tomphil said:

He's on fools errand then because he will never get sacked Waggot hasn't the authority nor interest to bother. And the club just hasn't the money to pay him off so he'll have to walk.

All he is doing is making himself look clueless although it would do no harm to stand up and publically call out the ownership.

However today isn't down to that there were justified calls after Watford but today is all round bad tactics effort and attitude that is down to him no getting away from it, hapless child in the nets aside.

If I was him tonight I would give the owners and Waggott a piece of my mind. He was not brought in to make do with what he has been dealt.

When you look at the first goal today, you have to wonder how far we have sunk, when our previous keeper goes for peanuts to a team who were playing in the conference not that long ago.

Today was embarrassing, but not as embarrassing as the shell of a club we now are and so far removed from  the club that this famous town was once so proud of.

Ruined by chancers and I see no way back anytime soon. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

Only Rotherham have conceded more than us this season. That is pretty bad….and guess who comes to Ewood on NYD

And that my friends is at the door of the coaches and recruitment dept.

We have enough good enough defenders and centre mids for that not to be so bad but coaching wide open football and schoolboy set piece defending is causing it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

If I was him tonight I would give the owners and Waggott a piece of my mind. He was not brought in to make do with what he has been dealt.

When you look at the first goal today, you have to wonder how far we have sunk, when our previous keeper goes for peanuts to a team who were playing in the conference not that long ago.

Today was embarrassing, but not as embarrassing as the shell of a club we now are and so far removed from  the club that this famous town was once so proud of.

Ruined by chancers and I see no way back anytime soon. 

The path to redemption has only ever been with new owners, sadly in the unlikely scenario that Venkys actually released us from their death grip, chances are we'd just be bought by more chances.

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

That one still sticks in my craw too, although I was genuinely surprised how many didn't seem bothered that a Rovers team did not show up to compete against Burnley. Sign of the times perhaps.

The 4-0 against Rotherham shortly afterwards was almost as bad. Preston smashing us 4-1 at Ewood around that time was similarly embarrassing. We ended up putting that period behind us, and hopefully we'll do so again this season, but it's hard to trust many of the players who were a part of those performances again. 

Well, that Turf Moor no-show certainly p****d me off...I agree with you. It left me with huge doubt.