BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (a) - 26/12/23

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Anti? Far more likely to hear pro Venky chants.

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Anti? Far more likely to hear pro Venky chants.

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Please tell me that's a joke. 

Would be a huge step backwards 

We really do have one of the most dense set of fans in the world.

Edit to add: Anyone who is pro venkys in any way does not support Blackburn Rovers.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Tabula Rasa said:

My take.

Huddersfield had eleven players behind the ball from the very beginning of the game. Sometimes packed into their own penalty area. Very unambitious from a home team but it worked perfectly. 

We fell right into the trap and concede.  Naive from our players and manager. A toddler could have spotted it.

Someone asked how Telalovic fared. He looked up for it and battled their big defenders. Why was he put on? No-one passed to him still less created so much as a half chance for him. We had no plan on the pitch for a big, centre forward substitute.  He was completely wasted.  Rubbish.

At the end,  our academy lot were still full of running even if the game had gone. Garrett,  Travis,  Wharton,  Carter. Pride.

Finally,  second half chants 'We want our Mowbray back' and other similar.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. 

Sometimes you just have to do that especially when you need to protect a flimsy keeper and we did it for a bit when Pears first came in.

JDT threw any form of plan B thinking out the window in pre season yet he knew he couldn't move his project forwards, bizarre approach.

Why didn't we go to Southampton with a thin squad and knackered first 11 and make a few changes, try and keep shape and stay behind the ball ?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Darwenview said:

All you so called football fans, who are calling JDT. Need to look in the mirror, the best football we have played for years with a young weak squad. If he leaves we will be shopping round for journey managers ,reverting back to route one. The blame stands firmly with the owners who are not backing him.

Managers stand or die on results. “Attractive” football can lose them their jobs

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

4-3-1-2, playing with 2 strikers might add up to a goal threat.

Hill or Carter, Hyam, Wharton Pickering

Travis, Tronstad, Wharton 

Sammi

Ennis, Siggy.

And get the ball in their half a bit quicker.

Siggy contributes nothing except an occasional goal and is as soft as shit (ditto Brittain). Moran is worse than both. Ennis couldn't trap a bag of cement and continually loses possession. Pickering is so slow and clearly targeted for that reason. There is no discipline as yellow cards are incurred for utterly pointless infringements with "shit for brains" Brittain a repeat offender. And as for Walstedt..... Apart from that it's not too bad. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Sometimes you just have to do that especially when you need to protect a flimsy keeper and we did it for a bit when Pears first came in.

JDT threw any form of plan B thinking out the window in pre season yet he knew he couldn't move his project forwards, bizarre approach.

Why didn't we go to Southampton with a thin squad and knackered first 11 and make a few changes, try and keep shape and stay behind the ball ?

Easiest way to win a game is to not concede.

A lot of this is probably down to the "modern tactics" that are fashionable right now.

If you would drop our 2001 promotion side in this division today they'd be champions by the end of February. We didn't do anything flash, we just went out and took care of business. No nonsense.

Why there is such an aversion to doing the most basic things is a total mystery to me.

• Like 2

People who keep telling me "Britain is actually alright" need to get there heads tested, at least one goal was his fault today and the sending off the other week was comical. Not fit to be a rovers a player. 

I feel sorry for Leo in goal though, he's not good enough either but has been thrown into the deep end a little. 

We are lacking up front too.. Ennis isn't up to speed and neither is Telolovic.

JDT looks like a rabbit in headlights and after the Watford defeat I am not surprised. 

I wish I could say see the games out, but today we didn't even look in the game from minute uno.

Not going to lie, doesn't make me want to pay 40+ for two tickets to watch us against Rotherham...

1 hour ago, Andy said:

All of that said, I feel it's harsh to throw JDT under the bus. Yes, he's ultimately responsible, but he's the reason why we're still a couple of wins of the top 6 and not looking downwards, with the squad we have.

It's incredibly complacent not to be looking down imo.

We've lost more than 50 % of our games. All that needs to happen is for our win ratio to drop off a bit and we'll be bang in the thick of it.

I thought at the start of the season it would be a bit of a result if we stayed up with the striking options we had ( Not that that should be the AIM per se, a la Waggott) but I'm still of the same mind.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Shocking game, worst I performance of the season from what I've seen. Huge error by Wahlstedt on their first goal but Brittain should have closed down sooner. 

A big moment in the game was when Telalovic passed to Szmodics who was offside instead of taking the chance himself. If he wanted to grab the chance he was given then that was the moment to pounce. 0-3 happened soon after. A big worry that we're conceding so many goals, Huddersfield created a lot of clear-cut chances as has been the case in many games prior. Think we're too open and need to balance the way we play in various phases of the game.

Hull is a massive game coming up or we'll be eight points behind the play-offs with poor goal difference.

More relevantly we probably need another 6 wins to be sure of staying up. Hoping the playoffs with this squad is delusional. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's incredibly complacent not to be looking down imo.

We've lost more than 50 % of our games. All that needs to happen is for our win ratio to drop off a bit and we'll be bang in the thick of it.

I thought at the start of the season it would be a bit of a result if we stayed up with the striking options we had ( Not that that should be the AIM per se, a la Waggott) but I'm still of the same mind.

Only one party responsible for our predicament.

You know who that is.

1 hour ago, neophox said:

The majority wants Venkys out but who would buy us? And who would pump money to our club? As it stands the club would not survive a season without money coming on..... yes if we had gates of 25.000+ every home game thay may change but cant see that happening.....

Getting 25k every home game wouldn't solve anything under this ownership, every club that is better run than us in this division doesn't get 25k pwk nor do they all have 15/20 mill a season put in to underwrite losses.

And you know what ?   We averaged 25k pwk when your heroes turned up.

Your constant attempts at turning it back on the crowds are nauseating so give it a rest now isn't the time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Managers stand or die on results. “Attractive” football can lose them their jobs

The facts are that we finished seventh last season on goal difference.  We had cuts to our budget over the summer and have been left with a weaker squad, which has experienced significant injuries this season.   Before the injuries we were competitive and doing well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darwenview said:

All you so called football fans, who are calling JDT. Need to look in the mirror, the best football we have played for years with a young weak squad. If he leaves we will be shopping round for journey managers ,reverting back to route one. The blame stands firmly with the owners who are not backing him.

The best football always has and always will be winning football.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Only one party responsible for our predicament.

You know who that is.

Well, yes. their previous indiscretions, in spending money on things they technically shouldn't have been doing appear to have caught up with them, and far more importantly, us.

And whilst I'm sure Mattyblue will instantly leap in and disagree, that STILL doesn't excuse the employees of the Club from doing their job properly though be it JDT ensuring whatever X1 he puts out on the pitch are completely up for it and as hard as possible to beat, be it Waggott who SHOULD be demanding results or Broughton who shouldn't be completely cooking up the recruitment.

1 hour ago, Tabula Rasa said:

My take.

Huddersfield had eleven players behind the ball from the very beginning of the game. Sometimes packed into their own penalty area. Very unambitious from a home team but it worked perfectly. 

We fell right into the trap and concede.  Naive from our players and manager. A toddler could have spotted it.

Someone asked how Telalovic fared. He looked up for it and battled their big defenders. Why was he put on? No-one passed to him still less created so much as a half chance for him. We had no plan on the pitch for a big, centre forward substitute.  He was completely wasted.  Rubbish.

At the end,  our academy lot were still full of running even if the game had gone. Garrett,  Travis,  Wharton,  Carter. Pride.

Finally,  second half chants 'We want our Mowbray back' and other similar.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. 

He can fuck right off.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s the problem. It’s hard to decide where our strengths lie at the moment. Until we try another way of playing we’ll never know. Unfortunately we’ve signed too many good but small  “ five a side “ players who struggle to compete when the going gets tough. I would have thought making us much harder to score against would be a good starting point. 

Our real weakness recently has been too many individual mistakes by players and poor decision making all over the pitch. The last five goals we have conceded are all down to player error and a manager just can't legislate for that. I really don't think we are conceding goals because we aren't competing or because we have small players. With the recent exceptions of Sheffield Wednesday and today we have competed well enough. 

Today was summed up by a free kick we had about twenty yards out to the right of goal. The centre halves come up but instead of putting it in the box it is played short to Szmodics who for some unfathomable reason wants to play Brittain in but plays a lazy pass behind him, they get possession and swiftly counter. That is one example of poor decision making and choices of which there were many.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He can fuck right off.

That would be the ultimate nightmare wouldn't it, JDT tiring of the Regulated Venkys/Waggott/Broughton circus and Waggott reappointing his old mate Mowbray in the hope they can cream a couple of years more wages out of it before the wheels fall off completely.

• Like 1