BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wrexham (h) - FA Cup - 29/1/24, 7:30pm

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Not keen on the ref throwing the rules out of the window and just playing a single minute stoppage time out of pity 

Yeah where did that come from? A goal and 5 subs each. Absolutely barmey considering some premium games have been going for +15

• Like 1

Good result after going 1-0 down. With their excellent travelling support it was quite a testing atmosphere but we showed fortitude to come back and dominate after a shaky start. Szmodics, Gallagher and JRC excellent. Moran anonymous, he needs dropped. Like others have said I’d like to see Markanday or Gilsenan in for him. Loving these cup runs under JDT, and I am relishing testing ourselves against Newcastle. I just hope we aren’t humiliated but in the cup you never know what could happen. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Good win in the end, and like most, delighted to shut that lot up.

I personally doubt that we’ll back this up in the league, but would love to be proved wrong. Anyway, at least we can enjoy tonights run for a few days and another cup run.

Pears, Dolan, Gallagher and JRC back is huge for us. We'll be a lot better I am sure. Just need no more injuries.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Another great cup run under JDT> 

Bit of a stretch at the moment. We've dispatched two lower league sides at home, it hardly makes it a great cup run yet.

I mean, compared to the Mowbray days though I guess it is...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Adam C said:

Good result after going 1-0 down. With their excellent travelling support it was quite a testing atmosphere but we showed fortitude to come back and dominate after a shaky start. Szmodics, Gallagher and JRC excellent. Moran anonymous, he needs dropped. Like others have said I’d like to see Markanday or Gilsenan in for him. Loving these cup runs under JDT, and I am relishing testing ourselves against Newcastle. I just hope we aren’t humiliated but in the cup you never know what could happen. 

Says something when you win 4-1 but manage to be anonymous. I agree I'd much rather see Gilsenan given a chance.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Good win, could have been more.

Attn 18,169 from BBC

And the Welsh commentators kept saying on numerous occasions how they brought 7200 and it was half the gate. Nobheads 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

And the Welsh commentators kept saying on numerous occasions how they brought 7200 and it was half the gate. Nobheads 

Be fair, it's hard to do arithmetic when you're balls deep in a sheep.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Fortunately I had it on ESPN and their commentators and pundits were unbiased and rightly very complementary to Rovers.

I got these stats off, I think, Sky NZ

Screenshot_20240130-043054.png

Screenshot_20240130-043107.png

Screenshot_20240130-043126.png

• Like 1

Having JRC back is massive. Lad so fecking strong, a leader for us. Qualities that we've lacked this season.

Personally think Moran is d*shit. I don't see what he offers at all. I'd like to see that right hand side come back that looked so good against Norwich away, with JRC and Brittain on that side overlapping each other and covering each other... Sit Moran out. 

Liked the brief look at Atcheson, big lad, good on the ball, looks like our next best thing from the academy. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

The BBC don’t like us. According to their match stats we had 7 shots and. 2 on target. ???

That's quite the feat! We must be really good, scoring twice every time we hit the target 🙂 Guess we don't need a striker now after all.

Edit - although I'm looking at it right now and it says 18 shots, 8 on target...are you sure you didn't just fail to refresh it after 30 minutes or something?

Edited by bluebruce