BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Rudy Gestede is currently shadowing Steve Waggott,

Lol what the fuck - what's he going to learn there? The best way to dunk a biscuit in your brew? What beer / takeaway combination works best on deadline day. 

It's like me doing my accounting qualification at Enron. 

What next? Leo Wahlstedts masterclass in coming for crosses? Sam Gallaghers guide to heading a ball? Ryan Hedges - how to stay fit for 3 games. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

That's his new line now he understands his role in the process - he's been very publicly sidelined thrice in successive transfer windows. He's protecting his reputation now

What reputation ?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, arbitro said:

It was reported than Szmodics was already scouted by the previous regime. Hyam and Brittain have been decidedly average. Tronstad I'll accept. What about Telalovic, Ennis, Wahlstedt, O'Connor and the plethora of loan deals which have contributed next to nothing and cost the club a lot of money.

Reported by Waggott to a few people in the privacy of his own office .

Broughton said on a podcast available to be listened by whoever chooses that it was Ben Rosen who identified Szmodic as a player to bring in, stating he wasn't on any previous lists. 

In the same podcast he also explicitly said that it was him who asked for JDT to be added to the shortlist whilst Waggott was telling supporters that JDT had already been identified prior to Broughton joining the club .

Steve "we bought a new bus" Waggott is a proven liar 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It was reported than Szmodics was already scouted by the previous regime. Hyam and Brittain have been decidedly average. Tronstad I'll accept. What about Telalovic, Ennis, Wahlstedt, O'Connor and the plethora of loan deals which have contributed next to nothing and cost the club a lot of money.

Cost the club a lot of money? Broughton has to compete in the championship with a lower end league one budget whilst any decent player is sold off .

Plus it has to be taken into account every window Greg is told one thing and then the budget gets slashed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

He has failed whichever way you spin it. His signings have contributed very little positivity to the squad, in fact the opposite. Rudy Gestede is the man who the players and club have put more trust in than Broughton recently so I see him as surplus to requirements

Broughton accepted full responsibility for the O'Brien and Brierley disaster and said processes would be reviewed so it wouldn't happen again. It did and on his watch.

Hmm, not sure.

My understanding of O'Brien and Brierley is they failed because traditionally the medical, contract signing and PR was done at Brockhall but the paperwork was done by the admin team at Ewood Park. We where playing at Birmingham that day and the 'footballing' team at Brockhall believed they had sent all the relevant information back to the 'admin' team but something went wrong between the two and the details weren't submitted properly. GB took responsibility for it and has moved the 'admin' team to Brockhall nearer the deadline so that everyone is in one building to ensure it happens properly. 

The McGuire issue is different and an internal investigation is still happening. It's ALLEGEDLY one persons fault - human error, that literally clicked the equivalent of 'submit paperwork' but not 'send submission'. I don't think at any point GB has taken responsibility for that. 

57 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Reported by Waggott to a few people in the privacy of his own office .

Broughton said on a podcast available to be listened by whoever chooses that it was Ben Rosen who identified Szmodic as a player to bring in, stating he wasn't on any previous lists. 

In the same podcast he also explicitly said that it was him who asked for JDT to be added to the shortlist whilst Waggott was telling supporters that JDT had already been identified prior to Broughton joining the club .

Steve "we bought a new bus" Waggott is a proven liar 

The conclusion is that its an absolute mess with people out of their depths pulling in different directions and sadly the owners cutting budgets all the while and doing nothing to put people in line/getting rid of them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Cost the club a lot of money? Broughton has to compete in the championship with a lower end league one budget whilst any decent player is sold off .

Plus it has to be taken into account every window Greg is told one thing and then the budget gets slashed.

Probably £2m in permanent signings and a considerable amount in loan fees to a club like us is a lot of money. Factor in wages and there is very little value for money.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, J*B said:

Hmm, not sure.

My understanding of O'Brien and Brierley is they failed because traditionally the medical, contract signing and PR was done at Brockhall but the paperwork was done by the admin team at Ewood Park. We where playing at Birmingham that day and the 'footballing' team at Brockhall believed they had sent all the relevant information back to the 'admin' team but something went wrong between the two and the details weren't submitted properly. GB took responsibility for it and has moved the 'admin' team to Brockhall nearer the deadline so that everyone is in one building to ensure it happens properly. 

The McGuire issue is different and an internal investigation is still happening. It's ALLEGEDLY one persons fault - human error, that literally clicked the equivalent of 'submit paperwork' but not 'send submission'. I don't think at any point GB has taken responsibility for that. 

He hasn't accepted responsibility but said all processes would be reviewed and another situation false where we missed the deadline to sign a player. Was the review ever done or was it lip service to appease us. Silvester has gone so he undoubtedly is the fall guy but but I am told Broughton is going too allegedly in a cost cutting exercise.

Make of that what you will.

Edited by arbitro

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Probably £2m in permanent signings and a considerable amount in loan fees to a club like us is a lot of money. Factor in wages and there is very little value for money.

Yeah but when you are spending so little and hoping to sign championship level players for as little as 300 k then it could be the most respected dof in the world in charge but it is going to be very difficult to get the quality desired for such little money.

When we supposedly had a better budget we were bringing in and being linked with better.The striker Adams who Broughton supposedly had a liking for is now being rated at £20 million following his summer move.

Hyam had a shit season , and I'm not keen on hisw character but last season he was excellent and if Szmodic is sold it will dwarf the 2 million spent in the summer.

I'm not suggesting Broughton is excellent at his job but it could be anyone in his position and they will still find the job extremely difficult when budgets keep getting changed etc. 

When Broughton has spent over a million quid the signings have been ok 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, arbitro said:

$2m in signing fees being "a lot of money" for us underscores where the problem truly lies.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

He has failed whichever way you spin it. His signings have contributed very little positivity to the squad, in fact the opposite.

I think GB should remain in place and tbh and let him and Eustace bringing in some quality signings this summer

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Rudy Gestede is the man who the players and club have put more trust in than Broughton recently so I see him as surplus to requirements

is Gestede officially working for Rovers? what is his role now at Rovers? 

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

So who appointed Gregg and who is accountable for the D of F 'failure' if Broughton does indeed depart after less than 2 years in the job?

Waggott said it was the owners decision to move to DoF/Head coach model

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

GB said that it was Ben Rosen who did the scouting work on Szmodics 

25 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He hasn't accepted responsibility but said all processes would be reviewed and another situation false where we missed the deadline to sign a player. Was the review ever done or was it lip service to appease us. Silvester has gone so he undoubtedly is the fall guy but but I am told Broughton is going too allegedly in a cost cutting exercise.

Make of that what you will.

Well it is down to Silvester to do all the paperwork since he is the club secretary and that's is his role within football. 

Has he official gone? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

My team would beat your team.

Very little difference between them if we are being really honest.

Also factor in we lost 2 academy products on modest wages at the time to be replaced by 2 guys who cost a combined c3 mill + ?

Plus similar if not bigger wages.

In the grand scheme of things you'd expect a better upgrade than what we've actually seen.

Edited by tomphil

2 hours ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Jason Roberts guide to finishing

True enough, but what I'd give to have Roberts up top right now. Well, prime Roberts, not 40-odd Roberts, thpugh I reckon he'd still make the ball atick better than Gally.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Wonder where Tyrese Campbell is off too?

Very injury prone apparently, would be a risky one. We signed an injury prone striker in Ennis last summer and that didn’t turn out well. 

7 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Something I've heard.

The Fleck signing was a Broughton signing, and was done after a failed medical.

I have it from a very reliable source, almost from the horse’s mouth, that both McFadz and Fleck were personally dealt with by Waggott. Players he knew and Broughton had already been sidelined.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ageoftherover said:

$2m in signing fees being "a lot of money" for us underscores where the problem truly lies.

Undoubtedly.

53 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Fleck has been offered another year.

Jesus wept, what a start to the summer window.

If this is where we are at, another relegation battle looms.

When is he even back fit? (Never, I assume)