BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 2/3/24

• Backroom
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

This lot do my head in. Pressure off and we thrive. Heat on and they melt. Always been the case since Venky’s rocked up.

Relegation battle absolutely on for anyone in any doubt.

We've been the worst team in the league, with the occasional exception of Rotherham, for about 3 months now. Little wonder the drop is looming. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 3

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

One point from the relegation zone.

We are going down folks

There's a very good chance. We didn't pick up enough points when we had easier fixtures in January - don't see us picking up many points against Leeds / Leicester at al. 

Losing to this shower is the nail in the coffin - they're awful. 

1 minute ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Dont our strikers attend any shooting classes during training? What's up with all the shooting today?

Not signing a striker since Summer 2019 has something to do with it.

• Like 3

Brittain has been awful. But my word I’ve never wanted a player to leave more than Moran. He’s been nothing short of embarrassing every game bar 1 or 2 games this season.

He was at fault for the first, along with pears and the second is a shocker.

Swanseas front line look good.

I’m worried.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Brittain having a better game today. Dolan execution is off, but constantly active and looking for the ball. Maybe needs a word to keep it simpler.

He just has no pace, so he does pretty little turns and step overs in his own 5 yard circle then loses the ball. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Might be a good thing if we got relegated to League 2 eventually, maybe the Venksters would finally bugger off.

Doubt it - it would just mean we're cheaper to run for them. 

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

I’d have to check their results, but I’m sure they won an early game under him.

Better than what we’ve managed in several games under JE so far.

Lets just agree they were both terrible and I suspect we will be waiting longer for JE's fist win than Brum were for Rooney's first.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Leicester will sort-out QPR before the end.

We can only pray and hope that some of these matches turn around in our favour. At the moment, relegation looks almost nailed on, we just don’t have a team of fighters.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He just has no pace, so he does pretty little turns and step overs in his own 5 yard circle then loses the ball. 

More to do with urgency to get back and cover, as well as trying to play positively, I meant.

He’s got his technical and physical limitations, but his attitude is a lot better and some stuff is coming off for him today.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would go 4-4-2 second half. 

Sigurdsson and Garrett on for McFadzean and Moran off. 

Put Dolan wide right and Sigurdsson wide left with Gallagher and Szmodics up front 

I’d like to see Gilsenan on for Dolan, or maybe for Moran and have Buckley play deeper. 

Completely blame the manager for this one. Played our strongest team against Newcastle which I knew would mean it would have significant consequences for today. Other fans weren't quite so clued up when I said that on Tuesday but here we are now 1 point of relegation...

• Like 1

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

Eustace is not amazing, Waggott's yes man, 4 points in 6 and he hasn't even given up yet

can`t start blaming the manager,he inherited a mess,if anything he`s bit silly for taking the job,he must have been desperate or sold a pack of lies,the latter most likely