BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Moderation Lead

I think so. He would have to hit the ground running in League One, mind.

Got a horrible feeling that getting out of league one would be a lot harder if we end up there again. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think so. He would have to hit the ground running in League One, mind.

Got a horrible feeling that getting out of league one would be a lot harder if we end up there again. 

A lot will hang on how well we play between now and the end of season for me. Go down fighting and I’d give him the first two months of next season. Carry on in “ Swansea away “ mode and for me he’d have to go. Not that what we think will influential the Chicken Chokers in the slightest. After all they kept Kean on !

• Like 2

Eustace has a two and a half year contract. I don't believe the idiots would want to pay him up. Anyway if we do go down it will be Tomassons fault in the eyes of the numpties

• Like 8

If we go down he doesn't deserve to be here next season.

But he will be because they won't pay 2 years up on his deal.

To be fair as ambivalent as I am on Eustace I doubt this operation in League One would have any prospect of getting anyone better.

None of it really matters though because the overall trajectory and destination of the club is a downward one and that is set by the owners. Eustace, JDT, Pep, Jose, John Coleman, they're all going to have the same issues and scumbags dragging us down.

• Like 3

It will be long and hard road back next time - whoever is manager.  The likes of Dack and Graham were the main factors in getting us up last time and without such talisman players we will probably struggle. 

Although it's another argument, but seeing as it has been mentioned it cannot be denied that Tomasson is partly to blame for our current predicament. 

Talking to some Derby fans at the weekend about Paul Warne, their manager. They dislike him with a vengeance, even though he's got them in 2nd place in League One playing what they describe as "Sunday league football". Warne got Rotherham promoted 3 times from L1 but also relegated them twice.

I guess some managers, like players, have a natural level and it could well be Eustace will be a success in L1 with his own brand of direct football. We could be out to find out. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If we went down, then probably not. We had was it a 7 point and 7 or 8 team buffer when he came in. With last time, it was a bit different, we massively improved under Mowbray but not quite enough.

True, although he has so far improved the death spiral form a bit. Like Tyrone said, I think a lot depends on how he goes until the end of the season. But turning a 7 point buffer into relegation has to be seen as a failing...one mitigated a bit by inheriting a mess. I think I'm likely to want him gone if we go down though.

My personal prediction is we scrape staying up, but go down next season.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

True, although he has so far improved the death spiral form a bit. Like Tyrone said, I think a lot depends on how he goes until the end of the season. But turning a 7 point buffer into relegation has to be seen as a failing...one mitigated a bit by inheriting a mess. I think I'm likely to want him gone if we go down though.

My personal prediction is we scrape staying up, but go down next season.

Has he improved the death spiral? 3 points from 5 games.

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Has he improved the death spiral? 3 points from 5 games.

The JDT death spiral was 2 points from 8 games, so yes, it has improved. It's still shit but like I said, he's improved the death spiral form a bit.

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Because we were 3-1 up and it was a good PR move. If we had been 3-1 down he would have stayed out of sight.

The team needed directions and instructions from him to make sure we won that game. Stoke was on the up.during that second half

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The team needed directions and instructions from him to make sure we won that game. Stoke was on the up.during that second half

I mean the Rovers own official site says on all news articles and reports around the Stoke and Birmingham games that he officially took charge for the Birmingham game. It states that Lowe and Johnson took charge for the Stoke game but does acknowledge Eustace turned up on the touchline after 60 minutes with rovers leading 3-1.

Are people really that desperate to paint a rosey picture they are trying to give him that.

The statistics on all footy stats sites have him as managing 5 league games and yet to win, and whether his era comes to an end in 4 months or 4 years the Stoke game will always be excluded from his stats.

As I’ve said, I don’t blame him that much so far. To get an instant reaction with this squad was always going to be difficult. I’m certainly not thinking he should be anywhere near being sacked. But he still is yet to win a game.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 7