BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (a) - 16/3/24

1 minute ago, B16Rover said:

Never fear semir is here 

If gally was in a police line up he'd be facing the wrong way, positionally awful 

The one thing I need to know is - what was it that Owen Coyle of all people did that managed to make him seem a half decent Championship striker? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

get what you can for gally in the summer,he is`nt going to suddenly become a good player is he

You have to commit to a £15k+ a week extension of his contract before you can sell him. 

2 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

The one thing I need to know is - what was it that Owen Coyle of all people did that managed to make him seem a half decent Championship striker? 

I think our style isn't suited to him. He is made to set up a quick runner like..oh wait he plays with Sammie 

I have given stick for a lack of victories, but that’s a good point and arguably the most fluent performance in the league since Eustace joined.

We rode our luck a bit, but they weren’t at all dominant, apart from the opening 15.

Encouraging, though nothing to write home about.

• Like 4

So our football world has not come to an end with todays result.On the official site, people are going on about having had a good weeks work. It will only be a good weeks work, if we take something from the Boro game. And we have done.

Skin of our teeth at the end with Jones hitting the bar and someone air shotting an open net. 
But otherwise, 2nd half in particular, the best we’ve looked under Eustace, and I’d imagine due to the 4 at the back, allowing us to do more in the middle. Also great to have Tronstad and Hedges (for composure and effort) back. 

Pickering exposed a bit, but usually is when up against pace and Sigurdsson is like playing with 10 men. Looks every bit a footballer until the ball is at his feet. 

Can’t fault the effort, results go our way too and that late Boro chance might finally be the rub going our way. Big shout to the away too, who you could hear all match. 

Another draw but this one is a good one. A very good one when you look at the results of our relegation rivals.

Birmingham and Hudds fluffed their lines today. Both had very winnable fixtures. I thought they'd both be level with us come 5pm today.

A point that in isolation looks good with a clean sheet and performance, but with the context recent results just isn't good enough. The fixtures next month meant that we absolutely had to win at least one or two of the games in Feb/March and we've failed miserably. 

Still absolutely nothing here to convince me I want Eustace anywhere near this club next season regardless of league.

• Like 1