BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (a) - 16/3/24

Is anyone going to this game? 

How would everyone set up for this game and what would be team selection? 

I would either set up in 3-5-2 or 4-4-1-1. 

My team would be this for 3-5-2 

Pears

O'Riordan Hyam Wharton

Brittain Ayari Tronstad Buckley Hedges

Gallagher Szmodics

My team would be this for 4-4-1-1

Pears

Brittain Hyam Wharton Pickering

Dolan Tronstad Ayari Hedges

Szmodics

Gallagher

9pts to play for in Eustace world. No games are must wins until it’s mathematically necessary. 

I would rather have gone down watching JDT football, at least it was more entertaining. 

coyb and all that  

• Like 8

Why play gally? It's like playing

with 10 men . He's the softest player we've ever had. 

I'd gamble and stick the cov lad up top and see if can do a Hendry or a Sutton.  He must be shite at defending if he can't get in arguably the worst team in our history.

I ain't going wife got a London hospital appointment on Monday and Tuesday so going to family at Wembley and it's bad when I'm looking more forward to going to Whitechapel than Boro.

• Like 2

We will definitely get beat and assuming Boro can finish better than Plymouth can, it will be resounding.

Given the return of 4 points from 6 games and no wins so far, this will rank as one of the worst starts ever for a Rovers boss.

There will still be no action taken and the odd poster still believing we will stay up.

PS Huddersfield just went one up. 

• Like 1

Hard to see us getting anything based on how we are playing. Tronstad, JRC and Carter wont be back which only makes it harder.

Forget the back 3. At least McFadzean's suspension might force the managers hand. But be wont see this as must win either.

Could we go into the international break in the bottom 3?

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is anyone going to this game? 

How would everyone set up for this game and what would be team selection? 

I would either set up in 3-5-2 or 4-4-1-1. 

My team would be this for 3-5-2 

Pears

O'Riordan Hyam Wharton

Brittain Ayari Tronstad Buckley Hedges

Gallagher Szmodics

My team would be this for 4-4-1-1

Pears

Brittain Hyam Wharton Pickering

Dolan Tronstad Ayari Hedges

Szmodics

Gallagher

I’d like to see us go with 4 at the back and try and get forward a bit more. Then you look at the full backs. As a pair, the two worst defensive full backs in my memory. 

• K-Hod pinned this topic
2 hours ago, lraC said:

We will definitely get beat and assuming Boro can finish better than Plymouth can, it will be resounding.

Given the return of 4 points from 6 games and no wins so far, this will rank as one of the worst starts ever for a Rovers boss.

There will still be no action taken and the odd poster still believing we will stay up.

I believe we will stay up. I know i'm in the minority. I'm not sure why there is absolute certainty we are already relegated. Might as well give up now reading a lot of the posts on here.

You don't get draws at this level if you are unorganised, are not trying, have no belief, zero structure and useless players. It's only a week ago we were all proud of the team against Newcastle. 

• Like 2

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Middlesbrough (a) - 16/3/24

Pears

O’Riordan    Hyam    Wharton   Pickering

Dolan           Ayari       Chrisene   Hedges

Gilsenan

Szmodics

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

I believe we will stay up. I know i'm in the minority. I'm not sure why there is absolute certainty we are already relegated. Might as well give up now reading a lot of the posts on here.

You don't get draws at this level if you are unorganised, are not trying, have no belief, zero structure and useless players. It's only a week ago we were all proud of the team against Newcastle. 

I am basing what I think on what I saw on Tuesday and yesterday.

We were all over the place at the back yesterday. It wasn’t as though some slick passing or great through balls were opening us up, a simple punt over the top and their striker was through.

That happened at least 3 times and let’s face it, we were very lucky not to get hammered. 

Edited by lraC
  • Like 3

By the "Cov lad" Im supposing Abbey means ORiordan from Crewe.

It worked with Sutton agreed. ORiordan has scored a pretty respectable 6 goals in 50+ appearances for Crewe. After all he is a central defender(knows Gilsenan from the Republic of Ireland set-up). It might be worth a punt-some

defenders can score and I just dont see Tel getting anywhere near 6 goals.

George Hirst & Jack Vale are the worst two Ive seen in the JDT/JE eras.

At the very least,he would be another big lad to help the defending from set-pieces. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lraC said:

I am basing what I think on what I saw on Tuesday and yesterday.

We were all over the place at the back yesterday. It wasn’t as though some slick passing or great through balls were opening us up, a simple punt over the top and their striker was through.

That happened at least 3 times and let’s face it, we were very lucky not to get hammered. 

Fair enough. Let's hope I'm right and you are wrong. If any of us were any good at predicting results we would have all won the pools years ago.

• Like 2

Hard to see anything other than a heavy defeat, based on form under JE to date.

Unless the players can be arsed playing like they did against Newcastle again.

100% win record when I go to Boro, unfortunately working at weekend though 🥲

Gallagher for some weird reason always scores against them too, he was brilliant there last time I went.

That's about as positive as I can be, they seem to have turned a corner after Plymouth beat them at home.

Part of me is relieved I'm working, it's sad it's come to this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lraC said:

My pal is a Boro fan and so I went to Dumpdale with him the other week. Boro played the Knobbers off the park but somehow conspired to lose it, they looked a bit like us under JDT, played some really good stuff. I can’t see our soft lot going up there and keeping a clean sheet and so, I am expecting nothing from the game.

6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

100% win record when I go to Boro, unfortunately working at weekend though 🥲

Gallagher for some weird reason always scores against them too, he was brilliant there last time I went.

That's about as positive as I can be, they seem to have turned a corner after Plymouth beat them at home.

Part of me is relieved I'm working, it's sad it's come to this.

Hello gaffer, I’m really ill and won’t be in today 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Pears

Gilsenan

Szmodics

That is a frightening team.

Has Chrisene ever played in central midfield? Not the best on the ball. And has O'Riordan ever played at full back? A big gangly centre back. I know that Buckley has started to show that perhaps he wasn't necessarily our heir to the Wharton throne but he has to be a more suitable player there than Chrisene, and I know you really cannot stomach Brittain (I am not his biggest fan, unsure if your dislike of him is more because you was so fond of Nyambe who himself wasnt particularly good) but he surely is a better option than sticking a young centre back there.

Gilsenan seems to be getting more and more popular every week that he is not selected but I am wary of being too excited just because hes scored a few goals for the under 21s, Jack Vale and even Harry Leonard showed how big the gap in quality is. Deserves a spot on the bench over players like Telalovic though.

Gallagher looked good when he came back into the team, his last 2 or 3 performances have been totally ineffective perhaps partly due to playing so much after injury, but mainly because of Eustace shoving him on the wing in a side that rarely attacks. He usually does well at Boro, I would play him up top rather than Szmodics who is best behind a striker.

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Pears

Gilsenan

Szmodics

Middlesbrough 6 - 0 Rovers

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Think Gilsenan must have the wrong agent as he can't get a game in the senior team.

Gilsenans favoured position is the same as Szmodic, that is why he isn't picked.

Only positive I can think of is this week is the first full week preparation that Eustace has got since he rocked up. So maybe there will be some big improvements in how we are organised and motivated.

We shall see. I do feel he came into as bad a situation as you can inherit as a manager - club in free fall, acrimony, and a relentless schedule. That said simple stuff that shouldnt need loads of prep hasnt looked right.

We live in hope.

• Like 2

Pears

Brittain  Hyam  Wharton  Pickering

Tronstad  Buckley

Dolan             Ayari          Hedges

Szmodics 

Play to WIN, keep the ball on the floor & to the strengths of the most lethal goalscorer in the Championship. Very very simple. COYB 🌹 

• Like 3