BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (a) - 16/3/24

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

4-man defence. Which makes a welcome change and Tronstad back to bolster the midfield . About as good as could be expected I suppose

Strong chance Pickering is left of a 3 with hedges left back isn't there?

I'll say this now before the inevitable disappointment follows and we end up slagging 5 of these guys off in the next 3 hours, but...

That's it. That's the XI, thats the formation!!

If those eleven players stay fit and start the next 9 games, Rovers will stay up.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
Unless it is a Pickering LCB / Hedges WB formation and we're just waiting a week for the inept McFadzean to come back.Then Eustless can fuck back off.

massive getting tronstadt back,not sure about rushing hedges back,he`s likely to break down again,have no idea why that liverpool lad is on the bench in front of o`riordan and feel i bit sorry for leo,after his great showing last week,i think it`s a bit unfair on him

4 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I'll say this now before the inevitable disappointment follows and we end up slagging 5 of these guys off in the next 3 hours, but...

That's it. That's the XI, thats the formation!!

If those eleven players stay fit and start the next 9 games, Rovers will stay up.

Your edit references the 'inept' McFadzean.

I always find it amazing that we can watch the same game and come up with polar opposite conclusions. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

massive getting tronstadt back,not sure about rushing hedges back,he`s likely to break down again,have no idea why that liverpool lad is on the bench in front of o`riordan and feel i bit sorry for leo,after his great showing last week,i think it`s a bit unfair on him

I really don’t think it’s unfair at all. He’s a calamity in waiting and his gaffes are one of the reasons we’re in dire trouble. This isn’t a ringing endorsement of Pears just that he’s the better of the two

• Like 2

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I really don’t think it’s unfair at all. He’s a calamity in waiting and his gaffes are one of the reasons we’re in dire trouble. This isn’t a ringing endorsement of Pears just that he’s the better of the two

he pulled us out of the brown stuff last week,yes he`s been a calamity but looked like he was a decent keeper last week,pears is not averse to having a stinker as we all know,definately a bit unfair on leo imo

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Your edit references the 'inept' McFadzean.

I always find it amazing that we can watch the same game and come up with polar opposite conclusions. 

I'm at peace dying on this specific hill. 

Did you see the first 55 minutes last week? What Ryan Hardy did to him in that hour was bordering on actual abuse.

Edited by Angry_Pirate

2 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Did you see the first 55 minutes last week? What Ryan Hardy did to him in that hour was bordering on actual abuse.

I’m on the hill with you. I don’t rate McFadzean at all

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

more a case of eustace not having a clue about what was going on,both plymouths front two are very nippy,having a defensive line that high was bordering on incompetence,not knowing what to do  when it plymouth were taking the **** shows that our manager is clucking useless

Edited by simongarnerisgod
spelling
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

more a case of eustace not having a clue about what was going on,both plymouths front two are very nippy,having a defensive line that high was bordering on incompetence,not knowing what to do  when it plymouth were taking the **** shows that our manager is clucking useless

There's a Eustace hill just off to the side of McFadzeans.

We're still talking about Ryan Hardie, a career L1 striker, abusing a Blackburn Rovers CB.

I honestly haven't seen a defender with his pants that lodged around his ankles, since a teenage Martin Olsson away to Spus / prime Aaron Lennon. (Which also ended with a red card, incidently)

I genuinely believe that McFadzean chose to take the red card vs conceding the goal (1v1) because he simply was so utterly dominated (and was somehow still on the pitch) that he was waving a white flag to it.

Once he's served his ban, he can stay on the bench.

Edited by Angry_Pirate

18 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

…and yet in February this board voted him player of the month…

• Like 4

I’m in the camp McFadzean is poor too. His age is against him of course, but he is way to slow to play the high line we did last week. Plymouth were not threading balls through, it was a straight forward ball over the top that caught us several times last week.

I suspect we will go with a back four today and guess even Eustace now knows, that we desperately need a win.

My heart is already pumping, as I do fear at least a two goal defeat, but hope we can play with a bit more freedom today and sneak a win.