BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 04/05/2024 - Will We Stay Or Will We Go?

I registered with Foxes Talk this season because us and them were fighting for the automatic promotion places.    If you like, I can go on there and ask them to go easy on Blackburn tomorrow.       I don't think they'll be trying too hard though as they're already now promoted and (unfortunately) won the league in first place so perhaps you've caught them on a good day or time of the season to play that opposition.       They've done what they've set out to achieve.  

I had a look at the league table near the bottom and really I can't see Rovers even being relegated this season.     First you'd have to lose by a significant score and for all others around you to win or all get three points.    A draw there would surely be enough to keep your team up and even with a defeat you should be safe enough.  

Birmingham Plymouth and Sheffield would all have to win with three points to overtake you while you get beaten by a heavy score at the Leicester game.     I just can't see that sequence of events happening, I'm sure you'll be Ok and continue for another year in this Championship league.       Just seen one of the above replies states almost the same thing but these are my words, my thoughts and not influenced or taken from any other member/s

Can I say this week 30 years back in 1994 we needed a point away from home to survive a relegation, and who was it against, that's right Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park.     In hindsight it was a memorable score as you finished runners-up that year with a great talented squad before winning the league the one after.     Other results went our way that day and we survived - at least for another twelve months.  

It's getting late and fans all over the nation must be getting restless about tomorrows games with much at stake but there's no sense in losing sleep over it and worrying too much.     Blackburn will survive and continue again at second league level of another season.    Smodzics is a player you can't really be without so you stay up, then keep that player there and make it right for next time around.      You'll be OK really.      

33 minutes ago, not exactly Scarface said:

I registered with Foxes Talk this season because us and them were fighting for the automatic promotion places.    If you like, I can go on there and ask them to go easy on Blackburn tomorrow.       I don't think they'll be trying too hard though as they're already now promoted and (unfortunately) won the league in first place so perhaps you've caught them on a good day or time of the season to play that opposition.       They've done what they've set out to achieve.  

I had a look at the league table near the bottom and really I can't see Rovers even being relegated this season.     First you'd have to lose by a significant score and for all others around you to win or all get three points.    A draw there would surely be enough to keep your team up and even with a defeat you should be safe enough.  

Birmingham Plymouth and Sheffield would all have to win with three points to overtake you while you get beaten by a heavy score at the Leicester game.     I just can't see that sequence of events happening, I'm sure you'll be Ok and continue for another year in this Championship league.       Just seen one of the above replies states almost the same thing but these are my words, my thoughts and not influenced or taken from any other member/s

Can I say this week 30 years back in 1994 we needed a point away from home to survive a relegation, and who was it against, that's right Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park.     In hindsight it was a memorable score as you finished runners-up that year with a great talented squad before winning the league the one after.     Other results went our way that day and we survived - at least for another twelve months.  

It's getting late and fans all over the nation must be getting restless about tomorrows games with much at stake but there's no sense in losing sleep over it and worrying too much.     Blackburn will survive and continue again at second league level of another season.    Smodzics is a player you can't really be without so you stay up, then keep that player there and make it right for next time around.      You'll be OK really.      

Stranger things av appened at sea!!

2 hours ago, not exactly Scarface said:

That's not quite right.

If we lose, it doesn't matter by how many. A Birmingham win would give them a better goal difference than us by at least 2. Sheff W wouldn't need to win, a draw would put them a point above us. And Plymouth winning would put them a point above us, goal difference won't matter. The only way goal difference could change in a way that matters is if we lose, Plymouth and Birmingham win, but Sheff W lose too. In that case, we would need to lose by 11 goals more than they did, which realistically is nearly impossible. So really, the amount we lose by is irrelevant.

Also, if we draw we are safe no matter what.

• Like 3

Really hope the day turns out good for you. The historical precedents are interesting. On the last two occasions Leicester have played home games after clinching promotion from Division Two, this is what happened:

Ten years ago, Nigel Pearson's team sealed promotion with six games to play. In the next game Brighton came to the King Power and won 4-1.

In 1957, we sealed promotion with four to play, then clinched the title by winning 5-1 at Leyton Orient.  A few days days later, the same opponents were at Filbert Street for the final game of the season. They ran us ragged and won 4-1. 

So - you know which scoreline to put your money on.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Usually in a situation like this you should really just focus on your own result, but if we stay up its obviously more than likely down to other results.

You really have to worry about next season should we be in the championship, I really wish finances weren't so important because a league 1 season would no doubt be more enjoyable! 

Win, lose, draw, survive, relegated - we'll all still be on here next season. We really are overdue a turn in fortunes and some enjoyment again, ultimately we all know the key to that is them twats selling up. It's important to remember, they simply will not be here forever.

Results wise I wouldn't even guess how it may go. Brum certainly have previous in this kind of scenario and they always seem to come out on top!  Sheff Weds have showed some real solidarity, most people had wrote them off not long ago. Plymouth seem to pluck good results out amongst more bad ones, I.e beating our opponents today! Hull really have to perform, you'd expect them to but it's the championship after all.

Lastly, it should ultimately be the 3 worst teams in the league that go down. Given our results against the teams around us, are we really not falling into that bracket? 🥲

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Can't help thinking, we are relying on others today ...I have a sneaking feeling Sheffield Wednesday will lose , it may not relegate them but will save us for 12 months...

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just hope the players are all fired up for this and we at least go down fighting if it happens. 

If we sit back and try playing for a draw but they still knick a goal and we go down that would be unforgivable and Eustace would have to go. (and I've been in favour or on the fence about Eustace up until today) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

I've been quite rational all week. Not this morning , stomachs in knots. Just got a very bad feeling we are going to be one of those stories, with the byline "not been in bottom 3 all season..."

An early Hull or Norwich goal pleaaaaaaase 

2 minutes ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

I've been quite rational all week. Not this morning , stomachs in knots. Just got a very bad feeling we are going to be one of those stories, with the byline "not been in bottom 3 all season..."

An early Hull or Norwich goal pleaaaaaaase 

Even better a Rovers winner.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Just hope the players are all fired up for this and we at least go down fighting if it happens. 

If we sit back and try playing for a draw but they still knick a goal and we go down that would be unforgivable and Eustace would have to go. (and I've been in favour or on the fence about Eustace up until today) 

I first saw us go down in 1966 and I’ve seen several relegations since then. I don’t recall us going down fighting ever.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I first saw us go down in 1966 and I’ve seen several relegations since then. I don’t recall us going down fighting ever.

Against Brentford? Ultimately it was too little, too late, but they got the win.

I don't wanna be that guy, but history could repeat itself today with another goal difference relegation now ours is the same as Brums 😟

• Like 2

I can’t see us getting anything from the game today. We’ll be reliant on the other teams slipping up, rather than taking control of our own destiny.

• Backroom

Just thinking if you could pick any team to score an early goal today who would you want it to be?

I think I’d go for Hull myself, I wouldn’t be confident of us holding a lead at all and Birmingham have a history of late escapes 

Totally relaxed today.

3 teams are never going past us. Certainly not Brum AND Plymouth.

And I think we will win, going for 3-1 for no reason whatsoever. 

Then onto, at some point the Season Ticket debacle.

Then the transfer window debacle.

The Indian Court case show.

Lies and Bullshit from Ewood.

New Season Excitment.

New season Depression.

And back here again next year (in Brum's position).

COYB !

Fuck right off you Venky Scum.

• Like 7

Expecting a full house on my bullshit bingo card if we stay up regardless of if we lose today

Togetherness, build together, a solid platform, miraculous escape, senior players character and courage, young squad, fantastic achievement that lays the groundwork for a bright future after a summer on the grass…

That said I expect roughly the same bs if we get relegated by 1 goal (my expectation)

• Like 4

Like any other game, we have to take our chances, keep it tight at the back, and look to get our noses in front if possible. It's a different situation altogether from the Leeds game, where somehow the circumstances conspired to help us, and we took the one chance brilliantly. Today, Leicester will be feeling relaxed - their job is done already, whereas Leeds fell victim to the tension in their ground. The Foxes will be in party mode, and able to play for shits and giggles because whatever happens, the result doesn't matter for them. Rovers are in the Leeds situation themselves today though - if they capitulate, expect a severe tonking as heads go down. Then it will be entirely down to what three other teams can do on the day. We only need one to slip up and we are safe, and remember, the nerves will be jangling around those dressing rooms and terraces too.

COYB!

58 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Can we have George Courtney back to referee today, the contrite May 92 rather the May 89 satanic version.

He would still jump higher than gally

• Like 2

The situation we find ourselves in was infinitely avoidable. 

Next season needs big changes if we aren't going to be in this situation again.

New owners.. tick.

New CEO......tick.

New manager....ideally.

One can but dream....

• Like 1

Zero tactics other than sit as many people behind the ball and hope for the best. Good luck getting fans through the gates to watch this dross next season.

• Like 1