BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices 2016/17

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a great idea by the club and gives me a slight moral dilemma, I had bought my season tkt and had stuck to the not a penny more over the last few months. Now my daugher who is 15 has suddenly taken an interest in Rovers and constantly texts me #VenkysOut lol.

Do I spend £20 to buy her a tkt for the last 6 games or stick to NAPM? Im split part of me is amazed and happy she has an interest in Rovers and that is the next generation of fans, part of me says NAPM  

Just now, pk1875 said:

It is a great idea by the club and gives me a slight moral dilemma, I had bought my season tkt and had stuck to the not a penny more over the last few months. Now my daugher who is 15 has suddenly taken an interest in Rovers and constantly texts me #VenkysOut lol.

Do I spend £20 to buy her a tkt for the last 6 games or stick to NAPM? Im split part of me is amazed and happy she has an interest in Rovers and that is the next generation of fans, part of me says NAPM  

My view, for what it's worth? Always put your family first.

47 minutes ago, pk1875 said:

Though I am an adamant NAPM it's just me on my own. If I was in your position I'd be taking my kid as to coin a phrase. The children are our future.

Like we did in the 80's they will only see the football and have no care in the world about the off field antics.

57 minutes ago, pk1875 said:

Spending time with your daughter doing something a bit different is surely better than going without her? View this as laying the foundations for a post-Vexit future. As you say she is the next generation.

Plus, if she hates it you've only lost £20, better to know now than after paying for a full season.:) 

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Spending time with your daughter doing something a bit different is surely better than going without her? View this as laying the foundations for a post-Vexit future. As you say she is the next generation.

Plus, if she hates it you've only lost £20, better to know now than after paying for a full season.:) 

LOL she been to last three games now (paid herself) and seems to love it , she must fancy a player lol. Anyway Im going to buy her the 6 big game thing....... at least she wants Venkys Out  

Just now, pk1875 said:

LOL she been to last three games now (paid herself) and seems to love it , she must fancy a player lol. Anyway Im going to buy her the 6 big game thing....... at least she wants Venkys Out  

Family first! Spend the time while you can with her, sooner or later she will get older and it will become uncool!

I will understand that my views will not coincide with everyone. Bear with me: there may be many in my position. I have been long term supporter/mostly a season ticket holder since 1962 but boycotting under SK until his departure, sucked into returning for the Lambert "false dawn", and joining the non-attending NAPM faction upon the Coyle appointment.

The income likely to be derived from  this initiative would be a drop in the ocean when set against wage output so I see it as a genuine attempt by the new administrative regime to re-engage with the boycotting "waverers".

I miss the anticipation and buzz of match-day experience with  my son friends and acquaintances tremendously.

If this was linked with an announcement of contract extensions for Mahoney, Guthrie, Lowe  etc I think I could be lulled into a parallel short term commitment to get to a few games to see how it goes and make a longer term decision in the close season.

1 hour ago, because of boxing day said:

I will understand that my views will not coincide with everyone. Bear with me: there may be many in my position. I have been long term supporter/mostly a season ticket holder since 1962 but boycotting under SK until his departure, sucked into returning for the Lambert "false dawn", and joining the non-attending NAPM faction upon the Coyle appointment.

The income likely to be derived from  this initiative would be a drop in the ocean when set against wage output so I see it as a genuine attempt by the new administrative regime to re-engage with the boycotting "waverers".

I miss the anticipation and buzz of match-day experience with  my son friends and acquaintances tremendously.

If this was linked with an announcement of contract extensions for Mahoney, Guthrie, Lowe  etc I think I could be lulled into a parallel short term commitment to get to a few games to see how it goes and make a longer term decision in the close season.

Very reasonable comments, and your situation more or less mirrors mine, but I'm not going back until the Pune stooges sod off.

Its everyone's individual choice if they go or not, I try very hard not to criticize people that go because its not just about 90 minutes football, its often deeper than that.

Good on you, get one bought :tu:

For those dying for a football fix, Venkys do not receive a penny from any away 'pay on the day' tickets. May help you succumbing to buying a season ticket and funding them, while still getting a fix.

Let's say we sell 500 (doubt we will) at an average price of £60 (when you add in concessions), that will work out as £30,000. Not sure it will be 'funding Venky's'  as it wouldn't even cover a week of Jason Lowe and Danny Graham's wages.

But if out of those 500, we entice back or create new young fans, for me it is not only aiding what is a vital fight for survival. 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Let's say we sell 500 (doubt we will) at an average price of £60 (when you add in concessions), that will work out as £30,000. Not sure it will be 'funding Venky's'  as it wouldn't even cover a week of Jason Lowe and Danny Graham's wages.

But if out of those 500, we entice back or create new young fans, for me it is not only aiding what is a vital fight for survival. 

Perhaps the most ridiculous post I've read on here - and I have read some dreadful stuff. 

If 500 people buy tickets at an average cost of £60 per ticket, that works out at £30,000 - or as you put, the weekly wage of Danny Graham and Jason Lowe. 

If 500 people do not buy a ticket at an average cost of £60 per person, this works out at £0 - which means to pay Danny Graham and Jason Lowe, Venky's have to either:

1) Borrow £30,000 to pay Danny Graham and Jason Lowe

2) Pay the £30,000 themselves 

3) Take the £30,000 from elsewhere (i.e. Cost cut)

or, alternatively...

4) Do not pay Danny Graham and Jason Lowe. 

Therefore, if you buy a ticket - you are directly funding Venky's. If you do not buy a ticket, you are forcing Venky's to do one of the above 4 options - all of which they do not want to do. 

1 hour ago, J*B said:

For those dying for a football fix, Venkys do not receive a penny from any away 'pay on the day' tickets. May help you succumbing to buying a season ticket and funding them, while still getting a fix.

We should be pushing away 'pay on the day' like Blackpool do. Many NAPM fans would happily go. At Burton it was advance tickets only, in the end it didn't matter because it was a sell out. :brfc:

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh dear

You'd think for a club that claims to be trying to boost income wherever possible and balance the books that they would buck the trend of previous years and get season tickets on sale asap to try and encourage people to sign up early, get their cash in soon and try to maximise income from season ticket sales.

It might just be me but I think the more time season tickets are on sale the more are likely to be sold. It might not make that much difference in the grand scheme but I don't accept that we'd sell any less by getting them on sale now.

For years the excuse the club has used for late release of season ticket info has been that the club doesn't know what league it is going to be in, so cannot release prices until it does. I expect that will be the excuse this year as well.

And yet as I type numerous clubs across the Championship and other divisions have already announced prices for next season, along with 'Early Bird' initiatives, to try and get people signed up for another season. Clubs like Sheffield Wednesday and Bradford to name two, have already announced pricing structures (Bradford offering season tickets at £149 for adults anywhere in the ground) and yet neither of those know which league they will be in with both on track for a play-off place.

I expect the matter of season tickets will be dealt with once again as late as possible. Staggering really for a club supposedly desperate for cash yet a major source of income is left until the last minute whilst rivals have months head start. Is it any wonder that gates are some of the lowest in the league when the club can't even be bothered to get tickets on sale early?

There is a big difference between clubs which might get promoted and those which might get relegated. For the former the club can put STs on sale and attract a lot of people hoping to pick up a ST cheaply for maybe a higher level of football. You can see why that might be attractive. What incentive is there for fans of clubs who might go down?

Just now, only2garners said:

There is a big difference between clubs which might get promoted and those which might get relegated. For the former the club can put STs on sale and attract a lot of people hoping to pick up a ST cheaply for maybe a higher level of football. You can see why that might be attractive. What incentive is there for fans of clubs who might go down?

Promotion pledge for the following season? Law of averages say it will backfire one season

They need to get some goodwill back somehow from somewhere and i'm talking recently lapsed fans who are sick to the back teeth of the charade the club has become. Being realistic i think we know more cost cutting and zero investment is on the way save maybe dripping a bit in to pay bills now and again.

A Bradford style ticket deal with the aim of selling 10k plus ST's is fair enough as long as like Bradford they are honest about it's motives. They know they are going nowhere but don't pretend otherwise and they just want as many in as possible to keep an active fanbase and give themselves something to build on.

Venkys model is leave the club to rot and let it keep shrinking as a consequence then go and cut the budget to match what's left, absolute imbeciles.

Ha, only on brfcs.

I write a post that hopes a few hundred people can buy a 6 game ticket, to aid us in hopefully avoiding a return to the third tier for the first time in almost 4 decades. A hope that some young fans can pick up the Rovers bug- the very fans that will be needed to haul the club up by its bootstraps after these owners (finally, hopefully?) depart and it is deemed a 'ridiculous post'.

Every fan I've spoken to, think it's a cracking idea, especially at this crucial time... then you log on to the brfcs parallel universe.

I've took part in every concievable protest since the day I got pi$$ wet through pre Arsenal 6 long years ago, so I don't need lecturing on what's good for the club.

The only 'ridiculous' thing I read on here is the constant complete mis-reading football fanbases. 

Where is the boycott at Charlton? Crowd of 14,500 at The Valley on Saturday

Coventry? 10,000 at the Ricoh every week

If people don't want to watch a Venky owned BRFC, can't blame them- however the conscientious objectors on brfcs are in a massive minority, most have stopped going because the product is cr*p. Another low crowd at Ewood? Ok, what else is new? A mass campaign of protest across multi-media, like what we saw throughout our FA Cup run? There's your publicity.

The lower our crowds go, the harder it will be to ever recover in a post Venky future- yes the small number of boycotters that are massively engaged with the goings on at the club, the type of fan that spends their day on brfcs.com will return. But what about the thousands of fans that just go/used to go to watch a game of football on a Saturday? They get out of the habit, they've gone... probably for good- as have their kids, Venkys or no Venkys.

We need to maintain a core of matchgoing support, at hopefully the highest level possible, so I applaud this initative and I make no apology for it.

Archived