BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Article -> New Rovers Manager

I don't see why Dave Whelan thinks it acceptable to hire a manager and then try to pick the team for him. How many of us would tolerate that? If I was a manager under him I would warn him to never undermine me again.

Let's not give Dave Whelan too much credibility.

My take on this is that we are going down next season come what may. I cannot see any other scenario. Coyle wouldn't be my pick but he is here, and I will renew my ticket, give him a chance and hope for the best.

In the circumstances, I am glad that Irvine and Kelly are to remain.

I don't think the ethos behind the oft quoted "Rovers 'til I die" should be conditional. You either believe that or you don't.

Now your mixing that Rovers till I die up with being a superfan I think. If you love Rovers but aren't prepared to be @#/? on by the Venkys anymore then what do you do ?

Nobody epitomises the Rovers till I die more than the likes of Abbey and a few others. Guys who were there in the 80's home and away when literally no other fooker was at times but they aren't prepared to take anymore Indian nonsense.

On the subject of Irvine as coach well from what I've seen his way of playing and Coyles are poles apart. He fit with Lamberts, I just don't see that working either and Susan Boyle will have him out the door pretty soon.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It ain't Rovers anymore. Heart and soul ripped out and pssed on

Owners, players, managers and even supporters are all passing through for varying lengths of time. The only constant is the Rovers. It is still Rovers and always will be regardless of anything else. The only thing any of us can be is 'Rovers til we die'.

What has happened is a crying shame but we are where we are. Let's get down there and do our bit to support our players. We would all turn out in blue and white if we were good enough! I am glad the vacancy has been filled at last and I am curious to see developments unfold.

Owners, players, managers and even supporters are all passing through for varying lengths of time. The only constant is the Rovers. It is still Rovers and always will be regardless of anything else. The only thing any of us can be is 'Rovers til we die'.

What has happened is a crying shame but we are where we are. Let's get down there and do our bit to support our players. We would all turn out in blue and white if we were good enough! I am glad the vacancy has been filled at last and I am curious to see developments unfold.

I would call that blind faith myself Colt, but you're entitled to take that approach, you'll not be alone in that stance either, but we all do things differently.

Not aimed at you but I'm convinced if the owners melted down the Jack Walker statue for scrap some would still go,

"well we needed the money, what did you expect them to do".....

Enough is enough for me, over 40yrs a regular, but no more. It's not Blackburn Rovers until these rotten swines leave the club, it's being used as a vehicle to line people's pockets and goodness knows what else.

There is another constant

Not one employee who has taken the Rovers Shilling has spoken out. Everyone seems happy to watch Rovers sink. Sickening.

It's the old boys club, people don't speak out, look what happened to Newell at Luton.

Money rules football and buys silence, sickening really.

Anyone know Mike Cheston's email or the general club format I.e. Mike.Cheston@rovers.co.uk?

I'm interested in attempting to get an explanation of how Coyle was the stand out candidate when he didn't make the original shortlist and doesn't meet the apparent job spec (apart from willing to work with Irvine and Kelly).

Original shortlist, original diverson more like. Look at the time line, PL activates his get out clause, within days Coyle is talking to his employer about wanting to return to England, Coyle lives bang in the middle of Brockhall and Ewood Park, cheap to hire, no relocation costs, dining at Voldermorts table, talk about shoe inn's.

A lot of similarities to how coco got the gig.

Original shortlist, original diverson more like. Look at the time line, PL activates his get out clause, within days Coyle is talking to his employer about wanting to return to England, Coyle lives bang in the middle of Brockhall and Ewood Park, cheap to hire, no relocation costs, dining at Voldermorts table, talk about shoe inn's.

A lot of similarities to how coco got the gig.

There are, ties in with the cost cutting brief our indian friend must have had from Venkys.

Not one employee who has taken the Rovers Shilling has spoken out. Everyone seems happy to watch Rovers sink. Sickening.

Very true.

Lambert spent weeks slagging Venky's then his first words upon his resignation were "I'd like to thank the owners", Thank them for what - the money he got for signing the non-disclosure agreement!

Even John Williams has never spoken out. Those golden handcuff payments must be enormous

This is what I find most deplorable about our demise...the Rovers carcass is being stripped clean.Employees silence being bought,does that sound right to you?

Every Shyster in football is gorging on an easy and for the taking target,but we remain 'nobody's problem' within the hierarchy of the FA.

Horrible as we stand by helpless.

The more I think about it the worse the appointment is.

On managerial record alone Coyle wouldn't be the worst candidate. Indeed he has way more appropriate experience at this level - and success - than Hignett, Ainsworth, Radfearn and the like. However all his success was at 1 club 4 jobs ago and after 3 failures, he cannot be considered a good choice - much less the outstanding candidate. The problem is for every name linked his record is better than, there are 2 others linked who have superior records. Track record alone this is disappointing, as those he is better than should never be considered for the role as they are woefully unqualified.

More serious problems come because of his dingle links. Previous comments, his history likely to divide fans, an even more negative outset because of his background - all adds to the misery and detracts from the on field performance. Most worrying in this is how it os dividing fans and turning them against one another. This is devastating to see and the opposite of what the club needs. (Imo we should be united against but I digress...)

The biggest problem is the kentaro/SEM links. This is where our problems started Kentaro pulling the strings. These were our darkest days with appalling and corrupt signings being made. Words can't describe how bad it was - for the team, for the club, for the fans having an agency running the club and now we're back there.

Given his recent record and the speed of which he was appointed since leaving his last post it'd be naive to think this wasn't the influence of a certain agency. Given 100 other names were mentioned and we dithered till he was free - to me it all smells of an external influence calling the shots. Last time that got us relegated and lost half our fanbase. Reckon the same will happen again.

Oh and in the unlikely event this isn't a stitch up but Venkys own idea - the suspicion and above consequences will still occur. Terrible appointment.

On managerial record alone Coyle wouldn't be the worst candidate. Indeed he has way more appropriate experience at this level - and success - than Hignett, Ainsworth, Radfearn and the like. However all his success was at 1 club 4 jobs ago and after 3 failures, he cannot be considered a good choice - much less the outstanding candidate. The problem is for every name linked his record is better than, there are 2 others linked who have superior records. Track record alone this is disappointing, as those he is better than should never be considered for the role as they are woefully unqualified.

More serious problems come because of his dingle links. Previous comments, his history likely to divide fans, an even more negative outset because of his background - all adds to the misery and detracts from the on field performance. Most worrying in this is how it os dividing fans and turning them against one another. This is devastating to see and the opposite of what the club needs. (Imo we should be united against but I digress...)

The biggest problem is the kentaro/SEM links. This is where our problems started Kentaro pulling the strings. These were our darkest days with appalling and corrupt signings being made. Words can't describe how bad it was - for the team, for the club, for the fans having an agency running the club and now we're back there.

Given his recent record and the speed of which he was appointed since leaving his last post it'd be naive to think this wasn't the influence of a certain agency. Given 100 other names were mentioned and we dithered till he was free - to me it all smells of an external influence calling the shots. Last time that got us relegated and lost half our fanbase. Reckon the same will happen again.

Oh and in the unlikely event this isn't a stitch up but Venkys own idea - the suspicion and above consequences will still occur. Terrible appointment.

The new bout of fan infighting the appointment has precipitated is already proof it was the wrong appointment.

The super fans are already saying things along the lines of 'it's the fans at fault' to those of us who are sickened by the appointment.

They just cannot see the reality.

Very true.

Lambert spent weeks slagging Venky's then his first words upon his resignation were "I'd like to thank the owners", Thank them for what - the money he got for signing the non-disclosure agreement!

Even John Williams has never spoken out. Those golden handcuff payments must be enormous

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (I'd like to know anyway) but I thought NDA's usually only last up to 5 years so if that's the case then surely people like John Williams and Big Sam can now speak out.

I wish Lambert hadn't left. I hoped Venkys would have backed him as I think he's a proper competitive manager who would have gotten us up in a season or two, if given the opportunity.

But Lambert is gone, even if the decision making behind letting him go was poor, IMO. Regardless, we need to move on.

Owen Coyle would not have been my pick. But he's now the manager and we need to back him. And maybe, just maybe, things will work out. He's won promotion before and might again.

I'm not saying everything is sunshine and rainbows. It is what it is. But we shouldn't give up the ship before the first shot is even fired. Let's see what happens.

The only half good thing to arise out of the OC being appointed is that the backroom staff stay ie irvine Kelly they are quite respected in football as coaches..... One would hope that in the background they will pull some strings re training and decisions.... Let's hope

If the season pans out ,how I suspect ,the appointment of Coyle will deflect away from the owners.....In other words the manager will take the brunt of the criticism , which is wrong , we have to go after the worst owners ever in English football...

First thing Mr Coyle needs to do in his press conference is to distance himself from Kentaro sem ......

Not a penny more from me until Venkys leave....

I really would like to know what the hell happened from;

Deciding Bowyer had run his course...

To rapidly bringing in a respected name like Lambert with coaching staff, letting him bring in loanees, some of them with agreements to buy for actual cash- Tony Watt...

Then seemingly doing a complete volte face, deciding not to back Lambert...

Then bringing in not just a cheap option, but a massively divisive cheap option, with links to shadowy figures that have gone down in BRFC infamy.

Who were 'advising' the 'owners' in November last year? Who are advising them now?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (I'd like to know anyway) but I thought NDA's usually only last up to 5 years so if that's the case then surely people like John Williams and Big Sam can now speak out.

bump...anyone know?

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14471425._We_need_to_live_within_our_financial_means___Q_A_with_Blackburn_Rovers_director_Mike_Cheston/

Just reading the interview again and this section stands out.

Do you have a type of manager in mind?

Somebody with the right credentials, somebody who impresses us, and somebody who has good ideas about the way they want to take the team forward. He has to be mindful of the fact that next year we will not have parachute payments, and that we will have to operate within FFP. So he will have to be well aware of that and also have a good record of bringing players through an academy. There is a lot of good work being done in our academy and in our under-21s. The under-18s and under-21s have both had excellent seasons.

Good at bringing youth through? I may be wrong but has Coyle a good record of bringing young players through?

Granted you could argue Warnock doesn't either but then he had just turned water into wine whilst walking on water at Rotherham and did it all before last orders.....not drowning in water in a far off league.....

It didn't work too well for half a season with them helping Lambert with this squad. We wouldn't miss any of them

Yes true ..... but sometimes it confuses me ... some people say Lampert was a respected manager and could have got us into the prem in a couple of seasons , with some saying Irvine should of been given the gig.when he left... now we have a @#/? manager with some respected coaches... I don’t know what to think anymore all I know its a shambles and we are where we are.... I have decided not to go until these numptys are out of the club.... but i don’t know if that’s hurting them or me..... it hurts not to be able to support your club anymore.

How my other half sees it -

When I said I wasn't renewing this year she said, and I quote, " So after 25 years as far as Blackburn Rovers is concerned, you're no longer a fan and become a customer" - ps she hates football

The Rovers fans on twiter saying 'give him a chance' or 'who knows, he might turn out to be great' are missing the point completely and are absolutely infuriating.

He might do well. Nobody knows. The fact is he shouldn't have been given the opportunity to try. Giving him the job defies all logic.

oldjamfan1 summed it up perfectly in his post...

'My biggest issue about the appointment of Owen Coyle though, are these three facts:

1. He simply does not fit the person spec for the position as outlined by Mike Cheston. He is, in fact, the polar opposite of what we were supposed to be looking for.
2. We had supposedly carried out ALL the manager interviews before Coyle had even left his job in the USA. Somebody will need to come out and explain how this was so.
3. His record over the past 6 years simply does not stand up to any scrutiny. How does this make him the best candidate for the job? '

People say the petition makes us a laughing stock. WAKE UP! We have been a laughing stock for years. The minority who have reacted negatively to it are mainly Rovers fans who need to seriously wake up and grow a pair. Do you really want to keep having the wool pulled over your eyes while the club slowly dies.

The petition isn't against Coyle personally but against the clearly shady deal to give him the job. The numbers are clearly there and obviously show that he shouldn't have been given the job. There is NO LOGIC at all. It's a disgrace and there is clearly something going on in the background. If you can't see that and you want to 'give him a chance', sit back and cry like a baby because of what the newspapers say about us (even though they haven't said anything negative) then enjoy yourselves.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5299938/Dave-Whelan-has-revealed-why-he-sacked-Owen-Coyle-after-less-than-six-months.html

Whelan on Coyle

Reading Telegraph last week or so and its like they are on Venkys pay roll.

Spineless is understatement.

Why can't they print the facts rather than give misleading headlines?

Their selection of supporters this morning , have given a true parliamentary comment regarding Coyle and Venky's which lacks any passion or relation to most comments we are witnessing around social media.

Using the term influential supporters is far fetched, as they have had zero imput into influencing anything bar trying on a number of occassions to get supporters to accept Venkys, forgive their decisions and leave the past in the past.

Im quite disillusioned with it to be honest, as back in the hay day of protest i did get that distinct impression supporters were being used as polictical pawns , for council gain.

It appears an invite to eat with the Venkys and the Queen has clouded these people more than even before.

The every day supporter really is on their own in my opinion fighting a war without true support from those who could help

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5299938/Dave-Whelan-has-revealed-why-he-sacked-Owen-Coyle-after-less-than-six-months.html

Whelan on Coyle

Reading Telegraph last week or so and its like they are on Venkys pay roll.

Spineless is understatement.

Why can't they print the facts rather than give misleading headlines?

Their selection of supporters this morning , have given a true parliamentary comment regarding Coyle and Venky's which lacks any passion or relation to most comments we are witnessing around social media.

Using the term influential supporters is far fetched, as they have had zero imput into influencing anything bar trying on a number of occassions to get supporters to accept Venkys, forgive their decisions and leave the past in the past.

Im quite disillusioned with it to be honest, as back in the hay day of protest i did get that distinct impression supporters were being used as polictical pawns , for council gain.

It appears an invite to eat with the Venkys and the Queen has clouded these people more than even before.

The every day supporter really is on their own in my opinion fighting a war without true support from those who could help

Maybe some of this new truth will be published in the next dossier.

How my other half sees it -

When I said I wasn't renewing this year she said, and I quote, " So after 25 years as far as Blackburn Rovers is concerned, you're no longer a fan and become a customer" - ps she hates football

my other half just wants me not to get arrested or have heart attack over it....THANKS VENKYS . #VENKYSOUT #COYLEOUT

Archived