BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

27 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I don't think any of our released players have a club yet... are they all waiting until they get this sum of money in August?

Wouldn't you? If I knew I was out of contract and unlikely to get the same terms, I'd be dragging it out personally.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Seems Lowe hasn't made the WBA Hong Kong squad and is likely to miss out on a deal 

He'll probably rock up at Burnley 

30 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

593a527766c5e_venkylight.png.01d3e06ef010241925ac5220280146dc.png

The Venky Light (sponsored by WEC) is still red.

Outgoings being prepared in the background...patience...all about the timing....got to make sure there is no time left to replace them or the fans will think they have been had

Spot on.

Unless Sheff Utd are silly and increase their offer again the Lenihan deal will drag on all this window.

But he will go eventually.

53 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

593a527766c5e_venkylight.png.01d3e06ef010241925ac5220280146dc.png

The Venky Light (sponsored by WEC) is still red.

Outgoings being prepared in the background...patience...all about the timing....got to make sure there is no time left to replace them or the fans will think they have been had

IMG_0494.GIF

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Alan Myers

I hear @Rovers have rejected a 3rd (and sizeable) bid from Sheff Utd for Darragh Lenihan!

I reckon they will(or maybe have already) go to around 1.5 million. Great signal of intent that we have rejected another bid.

He is worth 3-4 million. I don't get why clubs think he should cost less just because we are in L1

39 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't get why clubs think he should cost less just because we are in L1

We are a badly wounded animal thanks to our owners and now we are in L1, other club think they can try it on.

What a sad state of affairs, what has happened to our club.

Good money for Lenihem pays for Dack, the lad from Reading if he comes and will pay off Anthony Scrotes meaning yet again transfers cost them nowt.

It'll be a goer if it gets towards 2 mill.

I think if we get a few million for Lenihan I wouldn't mind him going IF we brought someone in too replace him. I think our biggest potential cash cow is between the sticks in Raya. I honestly think he'll be playing in La liga or the Prem within the next 3 seasons or so. 

Lenihans alright as a player. Don't think he'll be anything above championship level though. No wonder kinder has been potted, our expensive academy has produced nothing in nearly a decade.

17 hours ago, RV Blue said:

I don't think any of our released players have a club yet... are they all waiting until they get this sum of money in August?

I've read about this August sum a few times on here, is it fact? I just can't quite understand how after being contracted up to 30th June (as the vast majority are) any club could be liable to owe any ex-employee any money. 

I could see the PFA maybe having something in place, to help say a league two player who will have a mortgage and be on probably no more than a police officer/firefighter but I can't quite see how a club can be liable after a contract has ceased.

27 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Would be a huge mistake letting Lenihan go, anyone that says otherwise is fooling themselves. A 23 year old proven Championship player that is still getting to grips with a relatively new position, he will only get better.

I agree, if he's going it's got to be for at least 4/5m. It's pointless saying "then we could invest in 3/4 good younger pros on the fringes of their teams" when the owners haven't allowed that since GB raised his own transfer money selling the likes of Olson, Rochina et al.

I think you could build an exceptionally talented 11 for league one on 4/5m though.

Archived