BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool away

AAK

5 hours ago, booth said:

Haven't seen the score yet as I've been working nights and was asleep while it was on.

Guessing both managers parked the bus to a dire 0-0? Or even us losing 0-1 in the closing minutes?

You have a pleasant surprise coming then!

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Lol. Barrel chested Barry.

Releasing Henning Berg and paying to replace him with Lorenzo Amoruso must run that a close second though. Given that we didnt need the money per se.

I can still see Lorenzos bullet header at home to Wolves, scored at the Darwen End, was it first game of the season, a hero was born, well maybe not........ but I bet a few quid swapped hands in brown envelopes that closed season ;)

Just now, Gav said:

I can still see Lorenzos bullet header at home to Wolves, scored at the Darwen End, was it first game of the season, a hero was born, well maybe not........ but I bet a few quid swapped hands in brown envelopes that closed season ;)

Never Gav. Nothing dodgy ever happened in football before Venky's turned up. ;)

2 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Swapped for Barry Endean - worst deal ever

Yeah I know. Rogers had it all, energy, ball skills, two good feet, a fair amount of pace, strong in the tackle, hard to knock off the ball, a trick or two. You could play him in about 4 totally different positions and he'd shine. What did Endean have ? Just a big lad. Another era of dumbing down after our relegation from the big time.

21 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not many teams dominate for a full game at any level. I just wish we could start the game the same way as we apparently started the second half tonight.

Sort of like at Oxford you mean?

7 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Agree with much of the above. Team is playing with confidence and is scoring for fun at the moment. Let's enjoy it. But that team would struggle badly in the Championship. If we do go up, as many as 8 players would have to be replaced. 

And that's where Venkys will let us down.

This is from the Telerag. It says it shows all the goals, but really just the last two. One thing that is noticeable. especially after the 3rd goal, is the team spirit. Everyone  is celebrating as one. Check out Bennett, the new Howard Gayle, getting the crowd pumped. It certainly means a lot to them and we haven't been able to say that about all the  players in a Rovers shirt over the last 7 years. Not only is that a huge compliment to the mentality of the current players but massive credit also needs to go to Mowbray for that, because that stuff starts with the manager.

58 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

This is from the Telerag. It says it shows all the goals, but really just the last two. 

You posted a link last night with all 4 goals, thanks for that much appreciated.

Posting this half baked offering does you no favours, we need consistency, you'll not get away with it on another day :P

Just now, Gav said:

You posted a link last night with all 4 goals, thanks for that much appreciated.

Posting this half baked offering does you no favours, we need consistency, you'll not get away with it on another day :P

Ha, I preferred this one. More passion. It's a rare commodity with Mowbray's Mincers:P

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

In the euphoria of the win I feel genuinely sorry for Blackpool FC and its suffering supporters when I see the home stands so empty for a local clash.

Shafted left right and centre.

Feel exactly the same about my own club when I see Ewood. In 'fans united' protests with them, lots of them said "i feel sorry for you lot" one said "in many ways, you lot are in a worse position than us, at least we have Valeri fighting our corner". 

That's what spending £750k on a player gets you.

And that is the difference Col.Despite them being ridiculed by the fans they have still spent money on new players.Give me the Venkys over the Oystons any day of the week, we should send the Old Goat and his idiot of a son to Ewood then they would really have something to moan about

The Venkys are at worst naive - and maybe not that rich (which Rovers fans have become accustomed to). But I believe they do the club ok. It's a gazillion miles away from the disgusting Oystons.

https://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=2866325

Fans United.

3 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

In the euphoria of the win I feel genuinely sorry for Blackpool FC and its suffering supporters when I see the home stands so empty for a local clash.

Shafted left right and centre.

I must admit I had a certain amount of respect for Owen when he refused to buckle to the demands of agents trying to fleece the club of millions of pounds for 'negotiating' contracts, then we discovered the reason why, he didn't want them fleecing the club so he could!

Disgusting.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

And that is the difference Col.Despite them being ridiculed by the fans they have still spent money on new players.Give me the Venkys over the Oystons any day of the week, we should send the Old Goat and his idiot of a son to Ewood then they would really have something to moan about

The Venkys are at worst naive - and maybe not that rich (which Rovers fans have become accustomed to). But I believe they do the club ok. It's a gazillion miles away from the disgusting Oystons.

Fans United.

Can't really blame them for thinking that way, when it's also an opinion a surprisingly large number of our own supporters have too, unfortunately.

56 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Fans United.

This comment was a blinder:

The irony is they don’t even support them. Certainly not in any vocal way.
Most who go even admit it’s quiet but seem to enjoy the piece and quiet.

They must read this board :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I must admit I had a certain amount of respect for Owen when he refused to buckle to the demands of agents trying to fleece the club of millions of pounds for 'negotiating' contracts, then we discovered the reason why, he didn't want them fleecing the club so he could!

Disgusting.

Instead he fleeced the club with his convict father. The reason he didn't want to pay them was because it would have been less money for him to cream off.

He's a parasite.

Venkys had/have project partners and being thousands of miles away they don't seem to mind them having their slice of the pie whereas the Oystons wanted it all for themselves even using someone else's money to help propel them up then not giving him his share of the spoils back.

They did it to their own club whilst Anderson and co did it to someone else's but Venkys still wrecked the club they own whichever way you dress it up. Non should be anywhere near football.

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Fans United.

We are £100+Million in debt.

How is that ok?

44 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Venkys had/have project partners and being thousands of miles away they don't seem to mind them having their slice of the pie whereas the Oystons wanted it all for themselves even using someone else's money to help propel them up then not giving him his share of the spoils back.

They did it to their own club whilst Anderson and co did it to someone else's but Venkys still wrecked the club they own whichever way you dress it up. Non should be anywhere near football.

I said the other night that the Oyston's downfall appears to be because of their greed. Once they reached the promised land they refused to spend and took the cash out. They wouldn't be the first to do that but to do it on the scale they did and to the blatant exclusion of a large shareholder in Belokon they were running a risk of it coming back to bite them.

They've been stupid really because I'm sure if they'd have scaled back the amount they took out or gone to Belokon and offered to pay him off or buy him out at the start I'm sure all this could have been avoided. They seem to have a track record of just cutting people out and leaving it to them to chase after them in the Courts.

For better or for worse I don't attribute our demise to Venkys greed. The initial phase of dismantling and destruction which we are still suffering from was undoubtedly down to the greed of people allowed by Venkys to take control of the club and heap their friends onto the books.

Chalk and cheese really. Blackpool a much smaller operation with 1 or 2 owners bickering between them and a clear plan to extract the Premier League dosh for their own use. The other a tangled web of incompetence, dodgy behaviour and countless individuals all getting involved.

At Blackpool they know Owen and Karl are the ones responsible and they know why things have turned out as they have. At Rovers its much less clear as to who is calling the shots, why, and what the actual aim of it all is.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I said the other night that the Oyston's downfall appears to be because of their greed. Once they reached the promised land they refused to spend and took the cash out. They wouldn't be the first to do that but to do it on the scale they did and to the blatant exclusion of a large shareholder in Belokon they were running a risk of it coming back to bite them.

They've been stupid really because I'm sure if they'd have scaled back the amount they took out or gone to Belokon and offered to pay him off or buy him out at the start I'm sure all this could have been avoided. They seem to have a track record of just cutting people out and leaving it to them to chase after them in the Courts.

For better or for worse I don't attribute our demise to Venkys greed. The initial phase of dismantling and destruction which we are still suffering from was undoubtedly down to the greed of people allowed by Venkys to take control of the club and heap their friends onto the books.

Chalk and cheese really. Blackpool a much smaller operation with 1 or 2 owners bickering between them and a clear plan to extract the Premier League dosh for their own use. The other a tangled web of incompetence, dodgy behaviour and countless individuals all getting involved.

At Blackpool they know Owen and Karl are the ones responsible and they know why things have turned out as they have. At Rovers its much less clear as to who is calling the shots, why, and what the actual aim of it all is.

Very well and articulately said.  Sums the situation up in a nut shell

Archived