Sign in to follow this  
den

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

As has been shown over the years Venky were duped and they blundered through. However the last few years there is a definite change in the way we are run. They have continually put their money into the club, close to 200 million now. 

I am in the camp of draw a line and move on, we are stuck with each other.

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Gloria Estefan straight outta left field. Love It!

Prefer the original but still a good choice.

14 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm re-assured and will keep listening😉 but If I ever hear Keane or Snow Patrol....

Probably give Maroon five a swerve to 😂

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Who was that version by?

Miami Sound Machine featuring Gloria 😀

Am I way behind the times here, but I noticed the Venkys badge on the shorts today, has this been all season? 

I'm not complaining at all, I just only noticed it today for the first time. 

Ten years after the Venky's took over at Blackburn - the Rao brothers are finally getting it right | Daily Mail Online

Contains images that some fans may find distressing.

'On one occasion, star striker Santa Cruz received a call asking him if he wanted to go out on the town in Manchester. The Paraguayan declined assuming a fan had got his number, but club staff confirmed that the caller was in fact Balaji'

😂

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

Can remember media outlets printing similar stuff during the era of 'stability'. They'll have gotten it right when we improve from being the mid-table Championship club they made us. 

What’s happened to the cyclical Steve Ke*n puff piece that used to oddly drop into the tabloids each year?

11 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

A member of Blackburn's ground staff travelling with the squad noted that the pitch for an exhibition match was too long. He asked for the grass to be cut, reasonably expecting that the blades on the lawnmowers would be lowered accordingly.

The groundsman was shocked to say the least when he returned to find a small army of female employees from Venky's on their hands and knees, sheltered from the searing Indian sun by parasols, meticulously cutting the grass using scissors and rulers.

'He thought it was some kind of joke,' says one insider. 'At that point we really knew we were in trouble.'

Christ.

When we are a regular established Premier league side again I might forgive them.

Interesting that the only stuff we read then, with one or two honourable exceptions, were how nasty the fans were to poor Steve Kean.

Nobody in the media has ever said sorry to the fans.

On 21/11/2020 at 13:00, Miller11 said:

Tomorrow from 1pm is my talk with Glen - not to be missed!!

This has been my listening material for the past couple of journeys to work and back. 

I already knew about the majority of the content but it's a timely reminder when things are starting to look a bit better just how bad things were not so long ago and not to get too ahead of ourselves. It is evident that being a Blackburn supporter whilst Venkys remain in charge that things can take a turn for the worst extremely quickly!

Thanks Duncan & @glen9mullan

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

A member of Blackburn's ground staff travelling with the squad noted that the pitch for an exhibition match was too long. He asked for the grass to be cut, reasonably expecting that the blades on the lawnmowers would be lowered accordingly.

The groundsman was shocked to say the least when he returned to find a small army of female employees from Venky's on their hands and knees, sheltered from the searing Indian sun by parasols, meticulously cutting the grass using scissors and rulers.

'He thought it was some kind of joke,' says one insider. 'At that point we really knew we were in trouble.'

Christ.

That's especially mental

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama