Neal

Summer Transfer Window 2019

I'd see Walton as a sort of straight swap for Raya which means I'd still like an oldie with a couple more seasons in him so there's a genuine challenge for the No 1 position.

Just now, yeti-dog said:

I'd see Walton as a sort of straight swap for Raya which means I'd still like an oldie with a couple more seasons in him so there's a genuine challenge for the No 1 position.

Absolutely. I can't speak to the quality of Walton one way or another but it's not quite the name we've been waiting on all these weeks.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

No, just put it out there if you know or shut up if you are making things up.

I think he's making it all up . . Just no detail at all.

...and I think you're making it up about him making it up, there's just no detail at all.

You know what they say about opinions and arseholes.

Just now, Miller11 said:

. The whole demanding of more info and revealing of sources is pointless. The digs are out of order. 

100%

That man's info has been keeping us informed and amused all this window. It was given freely and he wasn't acting stuck up and superior about what he was passing on at all.

Just now, FGS5635 said:

If it happens and its always a big if when we are trusting Nixon, I cant imagine TM taking him on loan unless its a loan to buy option also

Buying would make most sense. I think all things considered it would be one of the better options after Forster. A better and more direct replacement for Raya. 

I think the whole thing says a lot more about Sparks Rover than the other fella.

If I didn't know better I'd suggest it smacks of jealousy and petulance...

Just now, Neal said:

Buying would make most sense. I think all things considered it would be one of the better options after Forster. A better and more direct replacement for Raya. 

Im inclined to agree. Watched quite a lot of Wigan games and he always impressed.

At this stage he isnt as good as hart and forster, but his wages and the finaces involved will reflect that and be far more inline with our structure

Just now, Give 'Em the Axe said:

100%

That man's info has been keeping us informed and amused all this window. It was given freely and he wasn't acting stuck up and superior about what he was passing on at all.

I agree, I would rather know that we are after certain positions and that they are close. Names would be great, but they could scupper deals and that’s not what we want. It shows intent and that gives us hope that we might be in a position to challenge the top 6. Lack of any info just makes certain people on here sharpen the knives for Mowbray. 

Just now, yeti-dog said:

...and I think you're making it up about him making it up, there's just no detail at all.

You know what they say about opinions and arseholes.

And some members above need to stop acting like utter opinions.

Just now, yeti-dog said:

I think the whole thing says a lot more about Sparks Rover than the other fella.

If I didn't know better I'd suggest it smacks of jealousy and petulance...

Yes I'm sure Walton from Brighton was the man he meant.....😭

I think the Brighton lad was mentioned on here a week or so ago. He has 60 odd games for Wigwam under his belt so he's no rookie. I think the fact that he's 6'5" makes him an upgrade on Raya.

If at the start of the window I was offered a straight swap Raya for Walton I’d have snatched your hand off. No brainier for me.

Not so keen on signing Walton, him on loan after selling a keeper at the same age with similar faults seems a bit backwards to me.

Reading up on Wigans fans opinions, it seems his main frailty is commanding his penalty box, just like Raya. He also got dropped last season due to poor performances.

If we bought him then I'd be more enamoured, from what I've seen he may be slightly ahead of Raya, maybe with the loan of an older head, but otherwise I don't get the logic.

Edited by roversfan99

3 minutes ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

I think the Brighton lad was mentioned on here a week or so ago. He has 60 odd games for Wigwam under his belt so he's no rookie. I think the fact that he's 6'5" makes him an upgrade on Raya.

Leutweiler is 6ft 5in and he's a downgrade on Raya. 

Just looking at Leutweiler's stats he's aged 30. He's not going to improve at that age, he really needs to be let go

3 hours ago, pick32 said:

Hope it’s someone better, he was Wigan’s keeper for the last two seasons and outperformed by Raya in both 

When we were in league 1 and Raya got in the team of the season, Walton was said to be the one who would have been in team of the year however he wasn't allowed as he was a loan player. 

On 30/06/2019 at 11:47, 1864roverite said:

No one knows anything

Most top sides in this division loan expensive premiership players to push for top 6, Most are outfield players mainly strikers, Maybe ours will be in the form of Foster with option to buy

Is there any indication whatsoever we're actually in for Forster? 

It seems as though we let Raya go assuming we'd just be able to get someone in and fairly predictably found that decent keepers aren't as easy or cheap to come by as we thought hence us now scratching around at the last minute for everyone who might be available.

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

I have just seen a Dyche interview from yesterday when Hart played in the second half at Port Vale. He said there have been no offers for him.

It appears that one can be put to bed.

That at least is mildly encouraging.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

It seems as though we let Raya go assuming we'd just be able to get someone in and fairly predictably found that decent keepers aren't as easy or cheap to come by as we thought hence us now scratching around at the last minute for everyone who might be available.

This is exactly what has happened.

That, and we needed the money from Raya to fund the Gallagher deal.

Walton for Raya - okay I guess. He's certainly not a downgrade.

Walton and a.n.other keeper - preferable.

If we only get one keeper in then I definitely want to see a minimum of two decent defenders in to off-set this.

Just now, neophox said:

Walton anyday instead of the likes of Hart and Carson. 

How so?  2 of them experienced internationals the other been scraping around the lower leagues