BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

11 minutes ago, Stuart said:

What exactly has Alan Myers got to do with all this? Is he a journo now? Why would anyone leak information to him so that he can publish it on Twitter?

Then there’s his message. Yet another striker? Why?

All very odd. Especially when the actual journos like Sharpe don’t do any real investigation and seem to simply print whatever statements the club or Mowbray put out.

Just over two weeks until the window closes. Just under two weeks until the season starts. Still time to get bodies in but they won’t be ready to start for some time. I can see today’s defence being the one that starts against Charlton.

Alan is a freelance who does a lot of TV work for Sky so he will have access to their infamous “Sky Sources” I assume...

17 minutes ago, Stuart said:

What exactly has Alan Myers got to do with all this? Is he a journo now? Why would anyone leak information to him so that he can publish it on Twitter?

Then there’s his message. Yet another striker? Why?

All very odd. Especially when the actual journos like Sharpe don’t do any real investigation and seem to simply print whatever statements the club or Mowbray put out.

Just over two weeks until the window closes. Just under two weeks until the season starts. Still time to get bodies in but they won’t be ready to start for some time. I can see today’s defence being the one that starts against Charlton.

Could it be this guy he's thinking of? West Ham winger with 17 games last season. We are mentioned to have expressed an interest.

https://readwestham.com/2019/07/21/championship-trio-line-up-diangana-swoop/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pepsi Max Cherry said:

FFP crap !! Crawl back under your cave batman. We’ve fell foul of FFP before and there is no chance our gem of a manager will let it happen again. 

That’s no way to address a long standing member of the M/B. 

Bazza’s a gentleman.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CD_93 said:

We were told here there were up to 5 deals still being worked on, after all.

Alan says it’s possibly a winger.

The word last week is a winger from Celtic, on the bench midweek for them,can play wing back.

30 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

Downing

Gallagher

Walton

Another GK? (Loan)

Adarabioyo (Loan)

Johnson

White (Under 23’s)

490 pages ago, if somebody said that was our summer transfer business, including the sale of Raya, I can’t imagine what the response would have been. 

As in you think its good or bad? I presume seeing as Mowbray said we are using the Raya proceeds for other positions that Walton is a loan.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Worth pointing out that FFP IS a serious problem for Rovers.

It is a problem 90% of Football League clubs can only dream of having because they have ownership which will go nowhere near injecting cash to the extent FFP would become an issue.

Lucky old us!

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Hello Guys, hope you are all well. 

my views on signings so far. 

Bradley Johnson, very good signing and I wasn't expect someone of his experience. Great to get him on a free considering his experience and knowledge of this league

Stewart Downing, wasn't a fan of this signing but can understand why Mowbray wanted him use. same as Johnson. 

Sam Gallagher, pleased with this signing, I know that Mowbray has wanted him for over 12 months back here aswell. 

on the potential signings on Walton and Adarabioyo:- 

Walton, im undecided on tbh. I don't think he was Mowbray 1st or 2nd choice for goalkeeper slot. Hopefully we still trying to get an experience keeper in which we need. Hope the Walton deal is loan to buy deal. 

Adarabioyo, I think he will be good signing. experience the championship last season and will only grow with his experience last season. 

what do we need after those two signings

experience keeper. Im still hoping for Forster from Southampton or Adrian the ex West Ham Keeper on a free. I'm pleased we have hopefully move on from Scott Carson. I wanted earlier in the summer but after the 1875 podcasts on the keeper situation I was very much put off by the stats on Carson. 

Centre back. If we could get Liam Cooper I would be delight cos that the type of signing we need in. Seems that what Mowbray is saving his money for and partly why Raya was sold aswell as him wanted out which he did. 

I did want a right back but I'm happy with the current 3 options there. I did want Sam Byram but he want to Norwich who got a great deal for him. Obujado was another I want but went Sheff Wed before Bruce left

Welcome back Chaddy ??

• Like 8

I'd take Walton, big old beast and let's not forget he had Wigan's defence looking a lot more organised than ours in league one with the departing Raya attempting it. Not amazing, certainly not an awful move at all though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Missing my point.

We are within FFP but it needs careful management.

If Venky's weren't still pouring the cash into Rovers, FFP would be the very least of our worries. Ask Bolton and Bury fans what that feels like rather than the paranoia filling the last 490 pages of this thread.

And it would need less careful management if we hadn't splurged £12 million or whatever it is on players who almost certainly won't be playing against Charlton. 

If Venkys actually ran the club properly then we could be like Leicester, or Wolves, who have benefited from foreign 'billionaires' whereas this mob have brought absolutely nothing good to this club other than people being grateful they haven't bankrupted us like Bolton and Bury. Great.

• Like 7

I'm struggling to understand this Walton loan deal from a few angles. Maybe someone can help me out.

Why don't Wigan want him back? If they do, why are Brighton or the player in favour of sending him to us instead? He's played a lot of games for them over the last couple of seasons, and kept a scary amount of clean sheets (I assume the vast bulk in League One though). On the face of it, it seems he would be the number one at Wigan, playing in the same league, familiar environment, and just going off goals conceded in total and away, a slightly better defence? I can't see why Brighton or Walton would swap that for a new environment, shaky defence, and being only a challenger for the jersey based on TM's remarks. So I'm assuming it comes down to Wigan not wanting him back, or having signed a better goalie?

The other part I doubt anyone will help me with, they'll probably just give me opinions I don't agree with (I can picture them now), but I'll say it anyway. What's to be gained from this being a loan deal, for Brighton or the player? Again, he's not likely to be a guaranteed starter here at all if we get this more experienced goalie, and at this point of his development surely he needs that and can get that (maybe from one of the promoted teams if nobody else?). I can see how it helps us, we presumably get cheap, decent cover without splashing out for it. I'd rather we signed him permanently though. I'm wondering if we might find out this is actually a loan with a view to buy (if not in clause, then in principle if we like him). Partly because we like to do that, and partly because it would make more sense to Brighton (financial incentive) and Walton (chance for a stable home and maybe as number one after our older keeper ends his loan or starts to wobble).

A further benefit for us might be that if he doesn't play so much due to competition here, his price tag might drop...though this might make him less likely to want to join us.

3 hours ago, briansol said:

Could it be this guy he's thinking of? West Ham winger with 17 games last season. We are mentioned to have expressed an interest.

https://readwestham.com/2019/07/21/championship-trio-line-up-diangana-swoop/

I think we have a huge hole at Right Wing, Arma isn’t consistent and Brereton is a huge question mark, and Bennett definitely isn’t good enough. 

Assuming we have a starting GK and CB ready to come in, this would be a great move.

• Like 1

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

I think we have a huge hole at Right Wing, Arma isn’t consistent and Brereton is a huge question mark, and Bennett definitely isn’t good enough. 

Assuming we have a starting GK and CB ready to come in, this would be a great move.

Really hope it is this guy. Looks like a quality winger. 

Diangana

Walton 

Adarabioyo 

Kuszczak

4 coming in this week. 

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Diangana

Walton 

Adarabioyo 

Kuszczak

4 coming in this week. 

I’d go with that, with Rankin-Costello, Magloire, Buckley `and Butterworth all looking capable, you could shut the window after those four.

54 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Diangana

Walton 

Adarabioyo 

Kuszczak

4 coming in this week. 

I think we’ll do an experienced CB as well as those positions ??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I'm struggling to understand this Walton loan deal from a few angles. Maybe someone can help me out.

Why don't Wigan want him back? If they do, why are Brighton or the player in favour of sending him to us instead? He's played a lot of games for them over the last couple of seasons, and kept a scary amount of clean sheets (I assume the vast bulk in League One though). On the face of it, it seems he would be the number one at Wigan, playing in the same league, familiar environment, and just going off goals conceded in total and away, a slightly better defence? I can't see why Brighton or Walton would swap that for a new environment, shaky defence, and being only a challenger for the jersey based on TM's remarks. So I'm assuming it comes down to Wigan not wanting him back, or having signed a better goalie?

The other part I doubt anyone will help me with, they'll probably just give me opinions I don't agree with (I can picture them now), but I'll say it anyway. What's to be gained from this being a loan deal, for Brighton or the player? Again, he's not likely to be a guaranteed starter here at all if we get this more experienced goalie, and at this point of his development surely he needs that and can get that (maybe from one of the promoted teams if nobody else?). I can see how it helps us, we presumably get cheap, decent cover without splashing out for it. I'd rather we signed him permanently though. I'm wondering if we might find out this is actually a loan with a view to buy (if not in clause, then in principle if we like him). Partly because we like to do that, and partly because it would make more sense to Brighton (financial incentive) and Walton (chance for a stable home and maybe as number one after our older keeper ends his loan or starts to wobble).

A further benefit for us might be that if he doesn't play so much due to competition here, his price tag might drop...though this might make him less likely to want to join us.

Doesn’t really make sense unless he’s permenant?

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The manager giving specific praise to Bucko after the Rangers match yesterday. He’s the reason we won’t replace Davenport ??

Don't think there's been any clamour to 'replace' Davenport, a lad who has sadly only played one game for us if I remember rightly? We have a ton of CMs and the lad is only out for 6-8 weeks (for now..). There wasn't really room in the squad as it was for two fringe youth players who should both be pushing on.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Doesn’t really make sense unless he’s permenant?

All the reports are loan though. We will see, think we had it reported as a loan once when it was actually a permanent...wasn't it with Davenport, funnily enough?