Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Pedro said:

Walton is a better keeper with a better record.  Raya frustrated the hell out of me. His basic kicking, flapping about and rash decision making put us under so much pressure. I wish him well but I'm glad he's not our problem anymore and my heart will benefit from it.

Pedro , you do know that Wigan dropped Walton last year after a series of high profile cock ups that were down to him?  Not sure this is a material upgrade tbh and certainly not what folk expected when throwing names around like Forster, Hart, Adrian, etc. Lets hope there is better to come in the GK dept but I have my doubts that this fella would be coming to warm our bench.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Burnley

Haha some folk honestly, don’t have anything to prove to anyone, been spot on the money with a good few leaks yet aye I’m making it all up. Give yourself a rest. I’m not claiming to be anything specia

Posted Images

Just now, Paul Mani said:

No mate, the CLUB have a plan to buy and develop young players to sell (strategically and if necessary) in order to balance the books whilst progressing towards promotion. - Evidenced over the last 12 months when they’ve spoken about it, Maddison from Norwich and selling ‘a Dack’ etc.

I simply used the 5 players mentioned and priced them at £10m -15m based on their age and potential and stated the £50-75m potential return.

But you keep slinging those insults pal. 

U cant progress anywhere if Ur plan is to develop players and move them on all the time. U need a settled team. Progressing towards promotion with these owners and this dogger of a manager will take at least a decade

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul Mani said:

No mate, the CLUB have a plan to buy and develop young players to sell (strategically and if necessary) in order to balance the books whilst progressing towards promotion. - Evidenced over the last 12 months when they’ve spoken about it, Maddison from Norwich and selling ‘a Dack’ etc.

I simply used the 5 players mentioned and priced them at £10m -15m based on their age and potential and stated the £50-75m potential return.

But you keep slinging those insults pal. 

I’m well aware of the club’s model.

Oh good, it is just your view on the 75 million. Thought the club had completely taken leave of their senses.

You give plenty out, so don’t be so thin skinned if wild claims like 75 million for a handful of players in our fairly average second division squad is challenged.

Edited by Mattyblue
Link to post
Share on other sites

09:51

 
 

 

BLACKBURN NEARING ADARABIOYO LOAN

Blackburn are expecting to complete the loan signing of Manchester City defender Tosin Adarabioyo.

The 21-year-old has represented England at U16, 17, 18 and 19.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I believe "Blackburn Rovers" owns the ground. Derby and Sheff Wed (that I know of) sold their stadia to separate, unnamed "associate" companies of their owners.

Less of an issue for Derby - they trust him as a real fan of the club. 

For us - it would be suicidal to flog our biggest asset into god knows whose grubby hands.

Yep. It would be a disaster, as it would be something else the Raos would use in order to never let the club go. Let's say that Amazon owner wanted to buy the club for arguments sake, the Venkys clowns could then demand more money or refuse to sell the stadium and generally be infuriatingly stupid as per usual.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I believe "Blackburn Rovers" owns the ground. Derby and Sheff Wed (that I know of) sold their stadia to separate, unnamed "associate" companies of their owners.

Less of an issue for Derby - they trust him as a real fan of the club. 

For us - it would be suicidal to flog our biggest asset into god knows whose grubby hands.

Aren't Venkys the owners of Blackburn Rovers including Ewood and Brockhall?

I never actually said sell Ewood by the way. My point was that several clubs owners have 'sponsored' the grounds for astronomical fees.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TBTF said:

Pedro , you do know that Wigan dropped Walton last year after a series of high profile cock ups that were down to him?  Not sure this is a material upgrade tbh and certainly not what folk expected when throwing names around like Forster, Hart, Adrian, etc. Lets hope there is better to come in the GK dept but I have my doubts that this fella would be coming to warm our bench.

Good point. It does seem maybe brave on his behalf to come here knowing that he will be competing with a pretty experienced keeper. Particualrly as he has been a starter pretty much most of the 2 past seasons. I don't think we are going to sign Hart, Carson or Foster, more like a keeper from europe who it will be nip and tuck with Walton for the number 1 jersey. 

 

Just now, roverandout said:

U cant progress anywhere if Ur plan is to develop players and move them on all the time. U need a settled team. Progressing towards promotion with these owners and this dogger of a manager will take at least a decade

You need to stop using text speak. We aren't 12 years old. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blue_n_white99 said:

09:51

 
 

 

BLACKBURN NEARING ADARABIOYO LOAN

Blackburn are expecting to complete the loan signing of Manchester City defender Tosin Adarabioyo.

The 21-year-old has represented England at U16, 17, 18 and 19.

Happy to loan this lad but Mowbray has a history of not playing loan players or not playing them in their correct position.

If he is our only defensive reinforcement, he needs to be good enough to be playing most weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, arbitro said:

Aren't Venkys the owners of Blackburn Rovers including Ewood and Brockhall?

I never actually said sell Ewood by the way. My point was that several clubs owners have 'sponsored' the grounds for astronomical fees.

It's all academic really. They don't invest in us.

All this talk about FFP and budgets betray short memories that we are something like -£50m net spend on the squad under these lot. 

Edited by S8 & Blue
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Good point. It does seem maybe brave on his behalf to come here knowing that he will be competing with a pretty experienced keeper. Particualrly as he has been a starter pretty much most of the 2 past seasons. I don't think we are going to sign Hart, Carson or Foster, more like a keeper from europe who it will be nip and tuck with Walton for the number 1 jersey. 

 

You need to stop using text speak. We aren't 12 years old. 

What? Using u or Ur? Yes I'm sure those two words are hard to comprehend. K? Ow r u doing with that 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I struggle to see the logic in signing Walton on loan and bringing in an experienced GK on a perm. Surely the experienced GK will be the one to start which leaves Walton warming the bench. Walton is a very good young GK, but it’s hard to get excited about a player who won’t be ours longer term. 

Also slightly concerned about the comment that “we'll see what’s left in the budget” after the two signings today. Two GKs and a loan signing in defence will not sort out our defence problems. I’m hoping that’s just a smokescreen to catch other clubs off guard who also may be chasing the same players we are. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, arbitro said:

Aren't Venkys the owners of Blackburn Rovers including Ewood and Brockhall?

I never actually said sell Ewood by the way. My point was that several clubs owners have 'sponsored' the grounds for astronomical fees.

I honestly don't know the exact accounting/ownership details, but the way it essentially works for Derby, for example, is Mel Morris owns both Derby County FC, and all the assets within that company, and a separate Company A. Derby FC sells Pride Park to Company A, they claim the difference in the sale value and its book value as an 'intangible' profit, and then Company A leases Pride Park back to Derby for an annual fee (hence the deal allows for a large, one-off increase in profits, which helps for the 3-year FFP window, but it actually increases Derby's year-to-year running costs!)

(Derby is a particularly weird structure though as they've got a parent company with a bunch of subsidiaries within it...)

Again, I don't know the detail here, but I'd guess for Rovers it would be Venky's London Limited (under which I believe Ewood Park is included as an asset?) selling Ewood Park to some other company that Venky's owns in the UK, then 'leasing' its use back to the football club for an annual fee. I don't know if Venky's has any other UK-based companies... but I suspect they could make it work somehow (or find an amenable 3rd-party).

This obviously breaches the 'spirit' of FFP to some extent, but it is rather clever!

(Happy to be corrected on any of the above!)

My understanding is Venky's have already maxed out their commercial sponsorship with us. Hence why our commercial income has held study at about £5m/year despite relegation, declining attendance, etc. (While a club like Wigan, for example, saw its commercial income drop to about £1m recently). These things are watched for under FFP, so you can't just plow in £20m and claim it's all commercial sponsorship-related (hence why Man City's at risk at the moment, but there's of course reason to be cynical about how that will wrap up...). It would need to track the going rates for such sponsorship. Perhaps they could juice that up further by sticking a big Venky's sign on Ewood Park and renaming it the Venky's Chicken Coop or whatever... but again, that may not go down well with supporters :)

Edited by RoverCanada
Link to post
Share on other sites

My feeling about the lack of spending is either 

A. venkys won't give mowbary an acceptable budget whilst expecting some kind of miraculous play off push. Which is totally unrealistic

Or B. Mowbary has been offered a sizable budget but won't accept it as he doesn't want to put his job at risk if his signings flop. 

 

Either way as it stands any talk of promotion push is completely pie in the sky. Maybe things will change between now and the end of the window

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Peteb2014 said:

Simon Eastwood to return as the other keeper

That would make sense. Walton is surely not coming here to sit on the bench; and Eastwood is an experienced, cheap option who won’t mind being a back-up GK. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

Wasn't Eastwood crap?

He had an absolute worldie game vs Boro, infact it is probably the best goalkeeping performance I've ever seen live. Apart from that I remember him being pretty steady away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Happy to loan this lad but Mowbray has a history of not playing loan players or not playing them in their correct position.

Ironically with Adarabioyo, he will almost certainly "play" (if used) in his "best" position (CB). With all the new attacking and midfield signings made, Mowbray knows that the only place where he can now shoehorn Bennett is RB... who we know has to start.

What I wouldn't give for a manager who I actually trusted to play his best players through choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

We were told at the last consultation meeting by both Steve Waggott and Mike Cheston that it would be tight with regard to FFP by next summer.

Even more concerning then that we've allowed such substantial transfer funds to be tied up in two players unlikely to feature very much. 

I personally find it incomprehensible that having witnessed what we did last season, particularly from December through to March, that we are sat here 12 days before the season starts with a weaker defence than we had last season.

I find it unacceptable that having sold Raya almost 3 weeks ago with a sale progressing well before that we're still waiting to address that area.

I don't demand big money be spent and dont accept spending money is a risk to the club's future. That depends on how the owners intend to cover it. But I do expect whatever resources we have should be allocated to improve the team immediately and not on long term projects to try and sell on for a big profit down the line.

There are two sides to FFp. Beyond cost cutting and balancing spending there is increasing income. Waggott's failed season ticket policy is a big problem and he appears to have made little progress on that front.

I also don't accept that 'at least it isn't as bad as at Bolton or Bury' is a reason to be positive or grateful. The situation at Bury is very different to that at Rovers and whilst the Bolton one is more similar they are at the extreme end of the scale. Setting our stall on avoiding ending up in their state isn't going to get the club anywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Mike E unfeatured this topic
  • Mike E featured this topic
  • Mike E unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Mike E locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.