BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

30 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

WBA essentially offering double the wages Rovers are able to offer so Kipré can sit on the bench calling himself a Premier League footballer and looks like the lad is going to to for it.

Shows all that is wrong with a modern day footballer.

If he is willing to sit on the bench rather than play, has he got the mentality that we want at the Rovers.

2 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Shows how far we’ve fallen. Fans (including myself) excited about a 900k signing of a centre back. Then beaten to it by West Brom. Ultimate yo yo club with no trophys. Oh well. Nice to have some optimism, even if only for a few hours. And poor old Rich Sharpe. Finally with some transfer info ahead of the game. And then all for nothing.

...apart from five FA Cups won in five different decades, league championship, league cup and charity shield. 

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

West Bromwich Albion are Founder Members of the Football League, they’ve spent around 80 seasons as a top flight club (10 seasons more than us), they’ve also won numerous trophies. They are a historical football club of similar ilk to Blackburn Rovers... oh and they are in the Premier League.

Some serious football illiteracy if you think  West Brom are a ‘nothing club’.

Should I use a special colour or something when being sarcastic? 

25 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Shows all that is wrong with a modern day footballer.

Bit harsh. He's got the choice of a mid-table Championship team or a side that's now in the Premier League. Even if he starts the season on the bench there, all it takes is an injury, suspension or one of the starting CBs in poor form, and he'd be in. Do alright and all of a sudden you're a regular in the Premier League.

I know where I'd go if I were him (and had no affiliation to Rovers obviously).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Hearing Rovers have enquired for 6-5 Naby Sarr !! No idea what he’s like ... 

looks like they moved on or maybe he was the second defender ... 

540678_med__20190112190348_naby_sarr.jpg

Decent player. Left footed aswell so would offer some balance to the backline. If we managed to get him and Kipre I would be very happy.

The word from West Brom is that they still haven’t made a formal bid as they still have eyes on other targets. 

Edited by TruRover
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

If he is willing to sit on the bench rather than play, has he got the mentality that we want at the Rovers.

And yet TM gets slaughtered by many for losing out on Bauer for apparently not promising him first team football. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Were you? Didn’t sound like it or the other posters saying similar things straight after.

Glad to hear you didn’t mean it anyway.

Are you trying to say that you would have expected us to lose out on a signing to West Brom prior to Venky's taking over? It's a fact that we've fallen a long way since then, times have changed. People are allowed to be disappointed in our change of circumstances. 

I am not calling West Brom a nothing team but we've swapped places and that is disappointing. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Hearing Rovers have enquired for 6-5 Naby Sarr !! No idea what he’s like ... 

looks like they moved on or maybe he was the second defender ... 

540678_med__20190112190348_naby_sarr.jpg

Saw him a couple of times last season. Always looked decent. He is a left footer as has been mentioned. Bit of a cult hero at Charlton. On a free on the face of it, looks a good signing. 

I can't find it at the moment. There's a video somewhere of a ball he puts in the box for Lyle Taylor against Forest last season. If it was Robertson or Alexander Arnold, Sky would be waxing lyrical.

Edit: found the video, looks like it's been filmed using a potato. 

Edited by Traviscon
  • Like 2