BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

43 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Agree with dack. Disagree with the other two. 

Armstrong from the left of the 3 is probably where he is best. Travis gets a bit more license to get up and down in the right of a 3.

Dont see where dack slots in though. I'm worried it's as a false 9

Armstrong is 1000% better through the middle as proven back end of last season. Don’t want to be back into this strikers on the wing bollocks we endured for 2 years.

42 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Agree with dack. Disagree with the other two. 

Armstrong from the left of the 3 is probably where he is best. Travis gets a bit more license to get up and down in the right of a 3.

Dont see where dack slots in though. I'm worried it's as a false 9

Dack played cm for Gillingham.  Picking the ball up deeper and running with it.   You could play him as the ball carrier in a 3.  Although 4-2-3-1 is still our best option.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sandstorm said:

If its not Kipre, who is it then? Very much doubt it with the Bolton lad. 

Yep I doubt it's the Bolton lad also. TM mentions the worry they might want something else in the contract at the last moment. If it was this Darcy I imagine he probably couldn't wait to sign on the dotted line. 

1 hour ago, Inglorious basturk said:

It wouldn’t be tony if he didn’t buy a midfielder he has no intention of playing 

Midfield already gets the ass rotated off it so might as well throw another in the mix.

Meanwhile we have to stick midfielders in defense and will only pay shirt buttons for a keeper.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Midfield already gets the ass rotated off it so might as well throw another in the mix.

Meanwhile we have to stick midfielders in defense and will only pay shirt buttons for a keeper.

I wish my shirt buttons were worth £450k

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I wish my shirt buttons were worth £450k

Balaji's will be.

500K for the keeper...300k for yet another young inexperienced midfielder = 800k, wasn't that what Charlton wanted for the Championship ready Philips but we didn't want to pay ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I saw worse as an young amateur player. One guy got a bad break, he was crying out, it was cold and wet but we couldn't move him. We sent for an ambulance but the security guys couldn't find the key to unlock the gates to let the ambulance onto the pitch. Eventually they found the keys and got the gate open only for the ambulance to bog down on the pitch. We had to get the poor bloke onto a bench and carry him to the ambulance. Then we had to push the ambulance back onto the road. All in all in must have taken about 3/4 of an hour to an hour to get off the lad off the pitch.

I've never forgotten that one.

Many moons ago I did I judo and dislocated my knee cap , the 10-15 mins it took for the ambulance to come was the worse of my life so I can fully understand where you are coming from 

Edited by AJW

Not getting my hopes up that the deal mentioned by Mowbray is Kipre. In typical Rovers fashion we’ll announce the signing of that young striker from Celtic...(Connor McBride)

Edited by BRFC_Polky

On the face of it if West Brom are also interested in kipre we have no chance. But the way to sell it to him would be instead of sitting on the bench every week at West Brom you will play every week at rovers.

Hope the lessons have been learnt from Patrick Bauer where nobend sold it as building a defence round him and we sold it that he might eventually get in ahead of Derrick Williams once learned the Mowbray ethos. 

• Like 4

I'm not sure the best negotiation tact is to emphasise the negative of going elsewhere. Clearly, against WBA, the biggest issue is going against PL football and wages. Can't do much on the wage front unless we are promoted, but could always give him a modest PL club release clause from next summer, should we not be promoted. 

This is from the LT:

"Asked if it could be the next day or two, Mowbray said: “I hope so but it’s never quite as easy as that. I think we’ve got a level of agreement potentially with another signing but experience tells me ‘they want this, they want that’ or ‘we can’t quite do this’ or ‘we can’t do that’. "

Just now, Swanson said:

This is from the LT:

"Asked if it could be the next day or two, Mowbray said: “I hope so but it’s never quite as easy as that. I think we’ve got a level of agreement potentially with another signing but experience tells me ‘they want this, they want that’ or ‘we can’t quite do this’ or ‘we can’t do that’. "

Well at least that clears that up then...

• Like 6

Just now, Swanson said:

This is from the LT:

That sounds like Kipre or it would have been done by now. 

10 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Armstrong is 1000% better through the middle as proven back end of last season. Don’t want to be back into this strikers on the wing bollocks we endured for 2 years.

Not all his goals came with him through the middle tbf. I'd see him in a similar role to salah at liverpool as we are trying to emulate there formation. Pushed up more as a left forward. With his defensive responsibilities limited to pressing the ball.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Possibly because that's how the transfer window is, and it might give us outsiders a glimpse into the difficulties? Do you really think it's as simple as deciding what's for tea?

No I don't. I'm not just talking about transfers, I'm talking about every single interview he bloody does!

17 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Hell fire why does he make every question over complicated, it would do my head right in if I had to interview him.

Imagine Mrs Mowbrays life.

What would you like for tea darling?

Well we could have steak love but not sure we have enough chips and them jacket potatoes could be a little bit past their best, or they could be spot on. We could have it well done but that might take one of my Peggy's out if its too tough, its its rare though there's always the concern it will drip blood on my white Farah polo top though.

You decide sweetheart.

No wonder she just feeds him cake!

11 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Dack played cm for Gillingham.  Picking the ball up deeper and running with it.   You could play him as the ball carrier in a 3.  Although 4-2-3-1 is still our best option.

I would agree that Dack has the skills to perform that role but playing him deeper would mean most of the goals he scores would dry up.

• Like 2