philipl

Newcastle United away in the League Cup

Aye i forgot they'd done away with it, good move imo.

Pens it is then !

15 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Aye i forgot they'd done away with it, good move imo.

Pens it is then !

And a repeat of the 1998 shootout, when a young David Dunn scored the last penalty for Rovers to win 4-2. Incidentally both teams missed a penalty during the game. A Shearer rarity when he ballooned one over the bar and Kenna had one saved in injury time.

I know I said don't fiddle with Saturday's team but I would really like to see Buckley and Davenport given proper chances.

2 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Armstrong always wants to do well on home turf, and what harm if he puts himself in the shop window, 

Uhh, plenty of harm? He's our top scorer and we need him a lot more than we need a bit of money for flogging him.

2 hours ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Wonder if Armstrong is going to score a few own goals tonight to sabotage the team like he did on Saturday by waiting till Holtby was offside?

At no time have i written that Armstrong is trying to sabotage the team. He sure seemed to have a beef with Holtby. I have no inkling that Armstrong wants to leave and will pull a Duffy to do so.I think he'll want to shine for us in front of Newcastle fans.

10 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

At no time have i written that Armstrong is trying to sabotage the team. He sure seemed to have a beef with Holtby. I have no inkling that Armstrong wants to leave and will pull a Duffy to do so.I think he'll want to shine for us in front of Newcastle fans.

I keep saying things like this as well, I told the missus yesterday that it was a glorious day to watch a Roses cricket match.... 

So us overseas-ers not got any options to watch? 

So Poor

Rovers players to give it their all to impress against a Premier League side, lose anyway (possibly on penalties) then have too little left in the tank for Wycombe and balls that one up to (loss or draw).

There were murmurings that Newcastle wanted AA back. Wonder if there was anything in this and the reported '10 million' bid in for one of our players? Has looked a lil stroppy during preseason 

6 hours ago, renrag said:

And a repeat of the 1998 shootout, when a young David Dunn scored the last penalty for Rovers to win 4-2. Incidentally both teams missed a penalty during the game. A Shearer rarity when he ballooned one over the bar and Kenna had one saved in injury time.

Remember a load of us listening to the later stages of that at a mates house after 5 a side. He wasn't a rovers fan but we blagged him to put it on and all piled in when we were dropping him off.

Everybody asking who's that David Dunn !

Just now, JacknOry said:

There were murmurings that Newcastle wanted AA back.

I suspect it'd be Arma's dream to get back there some day, but given that we signed him for just £1.75m two seasons ago, I reckon Newcastle would be steering clear of paying upwards of £10m for him, as it would probably make their management look a bit silly. And while I'm at it, £10m? They can afford a bit more than that as far as we're concerned. £30m would be acceptable. 😊

22 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Is there a steaming service for tonight?

Yes. Here: https://carabaocup.live/

If you buy a match pass, a fiver apiece goes to Rovers and Nuke, apparently. Daniela Ayala will need at least £15K a week, so your fiver will pay for 3.36 minutes of his time, assuming he's paid for every minute of the week, albeit before tax.

Sponsor

Good to see Dolan start.

I feel like Ritchie always scores past us. Almiron is pretty rapid too, which will be a problem.

Three Right Backs in Newcastles line up ..No Clean Sheet Newcastle 

Edited by HowieFive0

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

20200915_183149.jpg

No Evans? Would have liked to see Davenport and Buckley start 

1 minute ago, HowieFive0 said:

Three Right Backs in Newcastles line up ..No Clean Sheet Newcastle 

Rovers 0. That's fixed it. 

You take Armstrong out of that side with Dack also out and theres a massive lack of goal threat there.

Buckley and Wharton should have been given a game for me, possibly Davenport too.

If Evans is injured, this is why I'd get rid of him. He's probably one of our higher earners and we can't get 5 games on the trot out of him.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Wharton should have been given a game for me 

Probably trying the back 4 and Kaminski more understanding and use to playing together. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Probably trying the back 4 and Kaminski more understanding and use to playing together. 

But presumably Williams and Bell are only keeping places warm for new signings themselves.