BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - Saturday 5.12.20

35 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It was crazy letting Magloire go out on loan to non league knowing we have 3 injury prone centre halves plus Lenihan always has a suspension in him. Ground hog day with our centre halves.

It was crazy letting him go out on loan after the window had closed so he couldn't go to a L1 / L2. Him going out and playing senior professional football though is exactly what he needed at this stage of his career. It's sink or swim time for him.

• Like 1

Brilliant result in the circumstances. Dare I say it a promotion-esque performance. Down to 10 men for.a significant amount of the game it was always going to be hard - even more so with the regularity of games - so to got a point despite a man disadvantage for so long is huge. 

Negatives: 

Lenihen sending off. 

Buckley right back. Poor tactically by TM imo. 

And most significantly (why both of the others matter even more) once again we are hugely thin in defence. 

Positives

Rothwell is beginning to show consistency along with promise. A very good player. 

A point we in theory shouldn't have got. 

Hopefully the goal helps Davenport finally kick start his Rovers career. 

Strong defending when down to 10 men. 

Loads to be pleased about and if we were fortuitous in the last couple of games for wins, endeavour won us a point today and was highly deserved. 

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, since the Boro game he has been really good and back to his best, but today I dont have a clue what was going through his mind and he let his team mates down.

You think? When we beat Preston, which we totally dominated, he still managed to make feel like I can't trust him and almost dropped us in it twice. Every single game there's a calamitous error with him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It was crazy letting him go out on loan after the window had closed so he couldn't go to a L1 / L2. Him going out and playing senior professional football though is exactly what he needed at this stage of his career. It's sink or swim time for him.

I’m sure it’s only a 2 month loan to Hartlepool so we may see him back here sooner than expected.

I can only echo what everyone is saying tonight. A great feeling of pride in those players out there.

This season is going to be very interesting.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cant remember being as happy after a game as tonight for a while, just the circumstances of the equaliser that was so unexpected, even when Armstrong and Rothwell were subbed I felt that Mowbray was preparing for Wednesday so it was brilliant to see the goal go in and from an unlikely source.

I was not comfortable with how many people were accepting a draw or even making provisions for a defeat not being too bad before the game, I stand by that, but that is a draw whereby the circumstances made it a very impressive achievement.

The referee was shite more in regards to handing out yellows like confetti but there cant be too many complaints about the major decisions from our perspective, Lenihan who let his team mates down after playing really well in recent games should have been sent off, albeit for a second yellow although thats immaterial, and they should have had another penalty for a handball on Gallagher. Throw that in with what happened midweek and we cant feel hard done by. In the end, who cares anyway?!

Performance wise, I thought Ayala was outstanding, the game suited him because it was mainly about defending and he really can defend. Nyambe beside him was really good too. Johnson I felt gave us some further leadership in the middle, Gallagher was tireless and Rothwell's goal was absolutely outstanding, for a player with his obvious ability he doesnt produce nearly enough but today showed exactly what he is capable of, he was key to our bright start too.

Still found a couple of Mowbrays tactical decisions questionable, Elliott as a false 9 with Armstrong wide was bizarre, the former was poor today really and Armstrong post red card would have been a threat on the counter v 2 fairly immobile centre backs, and Buckley at RB was a strange choice (from limited makeshift options) and was instrumental in their second goal.

Always love your detailed analysis.

• Like 2

I wish that number 7 Bell end was still on the field so we could see his deflation when Davenport struck the equaliser. 

Totally expected us to go to pieces after the Red card and I wasn't able to check the score between their 2nd and full time, so was absolutely thrilled to see the result.

Full credit to the lads for today.

Hope Wharton isn't out for the foreseeable.

1 hour ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

He did. That famed Brentford front line and Toney in particular didn’t get much of a sniff in the 2nd half. Credit to Ayala and Johnson for marshaling and the experience to see things through

Someone give the man a new contract! 

Never a penalty and never a sending off. Lennihan stayed on his feet and stayed strong. Their player either wasnt strong enough, or chose to go down looking for a pen. Dont forget they had a player booked for diving in the first few mins...

• Like 3

I don't watch the match streamed these days, I come on here after the game and follow this thread from the kick-off to here. I was doing domestic jobs around my flat this afternoon and only occasionally checked the score; last time I did so it was 2-1 on about 85 mins.  So that goal by Davenport - didn't he take it coolly? - made such a difference to my mood.

Someone - apologies to whoever it was made the point that a win and two defeats in today's game and the two following would be more valuable than two draws and a defeat. What I'd like to say is that I believe the team can come back knowing that we - they - can easily get 7 points out of 9 in those three games.

For me, the only worry right now is the severity of Wharton's injury; I'd hate it, both for the club and specially, the lad himself, if it's as bad as we all fear at the moment.

Does anybody know - for certain - whether or not there's any clause in loan agreements which allows players like Magloire to be recalled from loan by a club as near the bare bones for central defenders as we seem to be?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Doogs said:

Never a penalty and never a sending off. Lennihan stayed on his feet and stayed strong. Their player either wasnt strong enough, or chose to go down looking for a pen. Dont forget they had a player booked for diving in the first few mins...

This is how I view it too, they’re side by side, he isn’t pushing him in the back or anything. Both players with arms out side by side and Toney shrewdly falls to the ground easily. Clever after the ref waved one off previously. 
The Lenihan yellow card frustrated me more. Unnecessary, although the ref gave a straight red for the penalty anyway so it would have made no difference. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Neal said:

Something about Brentford f*cks me off. Always seem to have an arrogance about them. Without the Watkins and Benrahma they aren't up to much. With 11 we'd have beat them. ! 

We were beating them in every department until Lenihan lost his head. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superniko said:

This is how I view it too, they’re side by side, he isn’t pushing him in the back or anything. Both players with arms out side by side and Toney shrewdly falls to the ground easily. Clever after the ref waved one off previously. 
The Lenihan yellow card frustrated me more. Unnecessary, although the ref gave a straight red for the penalty anyway so it would have made no difference. 

Doesn't really matter. Lenihan should know better. Especially that first booking taking that guy out on the wing. The ref had already shown he was card happy today. 

Let the guy shoot, that's why we have a keeper. if he scores, we still 11 v 11 and looking the better side. Dont give the ref the chance to send you off and put the game right back in the oppos favor. Soft/harsh or not, i am really pissed with Lenihan tonight. 

• Like 4

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

I found their commentary team a touch arrogant today. Talking about how they will get var next year in the prem

I listened too and actually, before the game turned, they were very complimentary towards us. 

13 minutes ago, Doogs said:

At the time I thought Lenihan was at fault but having seen the reply several times he wasn't. Its all part of the game but on this occasion the ref fell for it. Dare I say if we had VAR imo it would not have been given.

Two yellows make a red which is what the ref was thinking so he mistakenly gave a red imo instead of a second yellow - under pressure but I'm not defending him at this level. Also taking account of the numbers times he stopped the game instead of playing advantage and the number of unnecessary yellow cards he's one of the poorest I've seen this season.   

• Like 1

Can't add much to what has already been said on here. So proud of the team today. Kept their heads after the sending off and took their chance when it came. I'm absolutely knackered after watching that. I was kicking every ball with them and probably haven't celebrated two goals sat at home more. 

Important that we back this up with 3 points against Bristol midweek. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Neal said:

Something about Brentford f*cks me off. Always seem to have an arrogance about them. Without the Watkins and Benrahma they aren't up to much. With 11 we'd have beat them. ! 

Their commentators were talking Prem all match - they're a ways off that without BWM. 

They've gone backwards this year.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Absolute wand. Celebrating a fellow professional getting sent off is a scum bag move. Hope he felt the pain of our equaliser the prick. 

This is everything that is wrong with some footballers, what a knob head he is!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Neal said:

Pretty sure the manager is to blame, he is to be blunt, a prick and it rubs off 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

We were up against it after the red card and Brentford have a team of entitled shithouses.

Very glad to send them home unhappy.

Also, very glad that we’ve scored a late goal again. We usually seem to end up on the wrong end of those!

• Like 3