SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were pussy cats :D

I know Glenn has been try to arrange a pub for us all to meet up and hopefully this will happen if the locals get back to him. The night before the game in Sofia has to be my highlight, singing and dancing on the tables and Waggy seemingly unconscious on the bar, after several 70% proof vodkas, suddenly burst into song and gave us a rendition of "I was born in the Blackburn end"

Quality moment :D

I'm sure there was something similar going on in the English bar in Lyon as well...

You just dont get that kind of atmosphere at normal away games.

Is it just me that's wondering why we've only got 700 tickets?

I try not to make too many negative posts but it feels like this may be Celtic all over again.

There's no reason why I should get priority for a ticket but there are lots of season ticket holders who go to virtually all the away games but who don't seem to have any more chance of getting a ticket than those season ticket holders who have never been to an away game.

Does the club never learn from previous mistakes?

Edited by brightonrover

There are no restrictions on the numbers of tickets a club have to give in Europe, no 10% or anything else. We got the same at Celtic as Liverpool did and Man U will. Salzburg have sold out every week recently from what i've read so if 700 is what we've got then i'd expect thats all we could have got. I'll be the first to criticise the club when it's justifies i.e. ridiculous travel packages but not when it's not down to them.

The impression I get from their fans MB is that they really do fancy their chances 2:0 at Salzburg and 1:1 at Ewood seems to be the popular prediction!

:unsure:

Would appear their plastic pitch is the decider - get something over there and we should progress, however it has been our home performances that have let us down previously.

Firstly, the Club have taken the maximum away allocation, 729. The Corporate clients will be seated in Executive seats on the halfway line and will not affect the above figure.

The travel package is a non-profit exercise and is an experience that can only be had through official channels.

Edited by happygilmore

Firstly, the Club have taken the maximum away allocation, 729. The Corporate clients will be seated in Executive seats on the halfway line and will not affect the above figure.

The travel package is a non-profit exercise and is an experience that can only be had through official channels.

How can it be non-profit at £469 for a 1 nighter in a 4 star hotel? The company advertising at the top of the board are running flights for £229 and I can guarantee you they are making a profit. It simply doesn't add up in any way at all.

How can it be non-profit at £469 for a 1 nighter in a 4 star hotel? The company advertising at the top of the board are running flights for £229 and I can guarantee you they are making a profit. It simply doesn't add up in any way at all.

How do you expect the Club to compete with travel agents?

It's the chartered plane thats the biggest cost in the package

How do you expect the Club to compete with travel agents?

It's the chartered plane thats the biggest cost in the package

I refer you to the comment about the RoversTravelOption trip.

what are they using to fly with? a magic carpet?

For £479 I could take the wife for a week in Austria, including flights and accomodation. Nothing short of a rip off.

Blackburn's game aginst Salzburg.will not be shown on TV, West Ham are on ITV, while Newcastle and Tottenham are on five. Very dissapointed.

Don't worry - there's always Al Jazeera . They present an excellent package . Available at your local pub free of charge ...... :)

Eurosport dont show english live games aymore, and west ham are on itv 4, itv 1 arent showwing any. Im afraid to say, it wont be on tv

Sky 2 showed some UEFA matches last year (note not Sports 2). Id be very surprised if it wasnt obtainable.

Edited by stuwilky

There's no way our game will be on TV. Why would any TV channel waste money on live rights for Rovers - to try and compete for the (limited midweek) football watching audience against Newc / Spurs / West Ham?

If they all get eliminated and we don't then someone might take an interest in our games in the group stage. Boro managed to get on the box a bit last season.

But lets be realistic - when you've had Tues and Weds watching the Champs League, there isn't much demand to watch second rate matches on a Thursday involving unpopular teams.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.