BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Whoever it is it's a loan deal according to Rich Sharpe from the LET - and should be announced tomorrow.

Maybe that Henderson kid from Celtic who was mentioned? Love it if it was Gallagher from Preston for the season, you never know. Alex Neil might not fancy him.

12 minutes ago, Butty said:

Maybe that Henderson kid from Celtic who was mentioned? Love it if it was Gallagher from Preston for the season, you never know. Alex Neil might not fancy him.

Why on earth would Gallagher drop to League One? He will be a vital part of PNE's team this season. It will be some journeyman for sure. ? 

It won't be Paul Gallagher, he's not really a central midfielder. It probably will be someone to fill a squad place, rather than a starter. 

A central defender and TWO strikers are key. Graham will struggle with the amount of games in lge 1, so we have to bring in two more. 

Plus, I'd keep Feeney. His pace is needed. He's looked very good in the first two games. From the highlights of the cup game, it looked like he was involved in everything. Lge 1 is his level. 

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

It won't be Paul Gallagher, he's not really a central midfielder. It probably will be someone to fill a squad place, rather than a starter. 

A central defender and TWO strikers are key. Graham will struggle with the amount of games in lge 1, so we have to bring in two more. 

Plus, I'd keep Feeney. His pace is needed. He's looked very good in the first two games. From the highlights of the cup game, it looked like he was involved in everything. Lge 1 is his level. 

Feeney, good? You really have only watched the highlights, he's been wonderfully crap as usual first two games .

57 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

traffic-Light-icon.png.601b02eaa5b70ac7b1b903100eaafa99.png

Kim Jong Un has his finger on the "Fire missile" button

Donald has his finger on Ivanka's "love button"

Mike Cheston has his finger on the "sell sell sell" button

Back to this rubbish again. 

Why do you ever come on here?

What happen to only 6 signings? 8 signings so far made

45 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Rich Sharpe saying 3 more signings. 1 centre defender, 1 centre midfielder and 1 striker. 

If these all happened that with be 8 permanent signings and 4 loan signings. 

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rich Sharpe saying 3 more signings. 1 centre defender, 1 centre midfielder and 1 striker. 

Whatever happened to the dof structure you were championing not to long ago...... ? 

1 hour ago, AAK said:

Feeney, good? You really have only watched the highlights, he's been wonderfully crap as usual first two games .

Think feeney will come good eventually. Just needs a father figurehead like Mowbray to settle the lad down.

Just now, Bluebarley said:

Think feeney will come good eventually. Just needs a father figurehead like Mowbray to settle the lad down.

Awful last season, and his loan spell before that a season or two before. Poor this season. Like Mark Atkins was quoted as saying other night "he's so poor at creating opportunities and his final ball is awful, he doesn't look to beat his man, he's turns around and plays the ball back" - you may be right pal

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why on earth do you keep replying to him only to complain every time?  Don't like his or JAL's post? Don't encourage them by replying

Also your maths doesn't add up :P

Feeney while not completely useless has IMO very low football intelligence, he is fairly quick and his crossing can be okay it's just he makes bad decisions and rarely takes responsibility.  Not at all my kind of player but he was previously linked with Ipswich and I could imagine Big Mick being able to get a tune out of him.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If we get a centre back and another striker in then that will be good, not sure we need another centre mid but if we end up loaning Tomlinson out then fair enough.

26 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

Why on earth do you keep replying to him only to complain every time?  Don't like his or JAL's post? Don't encourage them by replying

Also your maths doesn't add up :P

Feeney while not completely useless has IMO very low football intelligence, he is fairly quick and his crossing can be okay it's just he makes bad decisions and rarely takes responsibility.  Not at all my kind of player but he was previously linked with Ipswich and I could imagine Big Mick being able to get a tune out of him.

We signed Whittingham, Smallwood, Dack, Gladwin, Samuel, Caddis, Nuttall, Luetwiler permanent. So thats 8 permanent signings. 

Loan signing of Chapman. Plus these 3 loans Mowbray has mention..

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We signed Whittingham, Smallwood, Dack, Gladwin, Samuel, Caddis, Nuttall, Luetwiler permanent. So thats 8 permanent signings. 

Even Rovers site doesn't count Nuttall, he was signed for development squad

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nuttall wasn't recruited as a first team player. He was recruited for the development squad. Of course, if things progress as we hope they will, then at some future point he might come into the reckoning for the first team, but at this moment in time he isn't at that stage and so it is folly to list him among the other signings as though he is a first team addition. 

So that is 7 permanent first team signings and the loan addition of Chapman brings it to 8. Last time I counted we had sold/released 14 since the end of last season. That leaves a personnel shortfall of 6. 

Simple maths will suggest there is a significant gap there. Net 6 players down on a squad that got relegated suggests work is still to be done. Even without some outgoings happening.

Mowbray has mentioned adding 3 more, it seems they are going to be loans as I suspect he's maxed out on the cash/permanent signings for the summer despite saying he sold Steele to boost his transfer kitty. If he really sold Steele to facilitate a few loan signings then that is a slippery slope to get on because it is simply unsustainable to sell contracted players to fund loan signings.

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Nuttall wasn't recruited as a first team player. He was recruited for the development squad. Of course, if things progress as we hope they will, then at some future point he might come into the reckoning for the first team, but at this moment in time he isn't at that stage and so it is folly to list him among the other signings as though he is a first team addition. 

So that is 7 permanent first team signings and the loan addition of Chapman brings it to 8. Last time I counted we had sold/released 14 since the end of last season. That leaves a personnel shortfall of 6. 

Simple maths will suggest there is a significant gap there. Net 6 players down on a squad that got relegated suggests work is still to be done. Even without some outgoings happening.

Mowbray has mentioned adding 3 more, it seems they are going to be loans as I suspect he's maxed out on the cash/permanent signings for the summer despite saying he sold Steele to boost his transfer kitty. If he really sold Steele to facilitate a few loan signings then that is a slippery slope to get on because it is simply unsustainable to sell contracted players to fund loan signings.

I'd have given steel away for nowt so it's a bonus really .

10 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Its no good being quick if you do bugger all with it. He's an awful footballer.

According to radio lancs he was poor at Southend and that review of his performance was backed up on here by people who were at Southend and Coventry.

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's not about how many Chaddy it's about how good they are. Jury very much out for me. In fact I would go so as to say bang average.

Thank God Venkys  are backing his plan or we could have ended up mostly signing league  one standard waifs and strays on frees ...........hang on.?

Just now, TBTF said:

It's not about how many Chaddy it's about how good they are. Jury very much out for me. In fact I would go so far as to say bang average.

Thank God Venkys  are backing his plan or we could have ended up mostly signing league  one standard waifs and strays on frees ...........hang on.?

Archived