BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 minute ago, J*B said:

No - they can’t just make a decision like that and do it without telling Balaji. But if they recommend it, it happens. It’s a trust led business model. 

Well I hope that they recommend sacking Waggott and Mowbray during the next week. 

Wilder is available and they should be opening talks with him now. Hes is open to managerial offers so what are waiting for. 

We can hire a company to find a proper experience CEO to run the club

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I hope that they recommend sacking Waggott and Mowbray during the next week. 

Wilder is available and they should be opening talks with him now. Hes is open to managerial offers so what are waiting for. 

We can hire a company to find a proper experience CEO to run the club

I don’t know if they will or they won’t. But I do know it won’t be Waggott and Cheston making the decision. So if you want it to happen - don’t waste any time with those two. Most of the Rovers related ‘groups’ have Suhail’s phone number, I suggest starting there. 

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Board member’ that ‘runs the club’, is he?

Yet... not listed as a director at Companies House, is that not a corporate governance issue?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00053482/officers

15FF86D0-4FAA-40DF-8CB9-090B7A4A5CC5.png

I mixed up EFL rules on CEO and Directors - so I’ve hidden the posts to avoid confusion, but you’re right.

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

Sorry I read this wrong - I thought you said CEO, not a Director. 

It obviously suits their purposes to have this opaque structure. But it shows a total lack of respect to the institution and fans to operate in this cloak and dagger way, and leads to the lack of trust and connection that we have with the football club - case in point, Brockhall.

Just very depressing.

Edited by Mattyblue

13 minutes ago, J*B said:

I don’t know if they will or they won’t. But I do know it won’t be Waggott and Cheston making the decision. So if you want it to happen - don’t waste any time with those two. Most of the Rovers related ‘groups’ have Suhail’s phone number, I suggest starting there. 

I never thought those 2 had any real problems over the manager. 

Pasha is on twitter so I sent him the Wilder article saying he is open to any managerial jobs this morning

• Like 2

Just from speaking to one or two journalists the mood music around Ewood is sweeping changes in the summer, managerial and other so let’s see. I don’t think Mowbray is safe at all he’s underachieving and he knows it. The owners will know it regardless of how valued pasha is he will be under pressure to, as we bleed money

Edited by PeteJD13
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not if we have a manager and structure to come in. 

You have written off the summer transfer window as the new manager will need time to assess the squad before deciding on players he needs.

Also the pre season schedule will be what Mowbray had set up and could be completely different to what the new manager requires etc.

48 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Just from speaking to one or two journalists the mood music around Ewood is sweeping changes in the summer, managerial and other so let’s see. I don’t think Mowbray is safe at all he’s underachieving and he knows it. The owners will know it regardless of how valued pasha is he will be under pressure to, as we bleed money

Sweeping changes would be welcome. A new CEO to replace Waggott is a must. Plus changes to football side whether its bringing in manager like Wilder or Hughes, or bringing in sporting director with head coach structure. But we need a plan of how we are going to get promote within 2 years. Back the new guys to achieve it financially. Getting back to PL is achievable under a new guy. It isnt under Mowbray sadly. 

Venkys have backed Mowbray financially but we are no better off then 2 years ago positional in the league. So he must carry the can and be sack. He has tried his best but not good enough to achieve it

4 minutes ago, phili said:

You have written off the summer transfer window as the new manager will need time to assess the squad before deciding on players he needs.

Also the pre season schedule will be what Mowbray had set up and could be completely different to what the new manager requires etc.

With alot of players out of contract and must I would let go anyway. 

You dont need to write off the summer transfer window. Look at Reading as an example who appointed their head coach a week before the season started. 

A new footballing management in place will already have ideas of who they want and how to play. 

Pre season can be change with overseas trips and matches looking unlikely to the virus anyway

• Backroom
1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

Makes me wonder if anyone is currently 'assessing' from afar? Is there someone already drawing up a recruitment plan?

'Sweeping changes' suggests a whole team, a la Mark Hughes?

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It obviously suits their purposes to have this opaque structure. But it shows a total lack of respect to the institution and fans to operate in this cloak and dagger way, and leads to the lack of trust and connection that we have with the football club - case in point, Brockhall.

Just very depressing.

I don’t see the structure as much different to a lot of foreign owned clubs. CEOs are, by definition, paid employees, who answer to someone else. What was unusual was Williams having the latitude that he did, because the then owners were completely disinterested. Balaji’s son taking over might even by a good thing (or a less bad thing) 

13 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

The thing is nixon must have been leaked the foreign manager story, that won’t have come from Waggott. They might like Mowbray I suspect they’d like to be in premier league more 

That sounds more like Nixon taking a high percentage flyer - the influx of foreign managers into the Championship is a trend plus old-stagers like McCarthy and Warnock aren’t looking. I think where he might be on the money was his story about Ayala being Mowbray’s epitaph. If I’d have been the one who approved the expenditure on a recruitment dept., and was approached by a manager wanting to overrule their recos and go back to his Boro pool, I’d have said “Are you sure you want to do this? Well, you’d better be right.” And he wasn’t. Being trusted is great till you bet that trust on an expensive, injury-prone striker.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

That sounds more like Nixon taking a high percentage flyer - the influx of foreign managers into the Championship is a trend plus old-stagers like McCarthy and Warnock aren’t looking. I think where he might be on the money was his story about Ayala being Mowbray’s epitaph. If I’d have been the one who approved the expenditure on a recruitment dept., and was approached by a manager wanting to overrule their recos and go back to his Boro pool, I’d have said “Are you sure you want to do this? Well, you’d better be right.” And he wasn’t. Being trusted is great till you bet that trust on an expensive, injury-prone striker.

If lack of trust over wasted money was an issue he'd be long gone due to BB & SG. 

• Like 1