BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

• Backroom
1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

No, I don't chaddy.

I do know however, that when Ian Battersby and Ian Currie went to Pune in 2011, Suhail Pasha was at their disposal for the duration of their stay, as their chauffeur.

Pretty sure I met Suhail at that time, he was Balajis right hand man pretty much, his Mr Fix It

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 47er said:

What exactly is "the job" then----finish 15th and lose thousands of fans?

If so---job done!

I’ve no idea what their ultimate aim is. But I do know unless you’re speaking to Pasha or Babu you may as well be speaking to the receptionist. Only those two have any significant power at Ewood. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ve no idea what their ultimate aim is. But I do know unless you’re speaking to Pasha or Babu you may as well be speaking to the receptionist. Only those two have any significant power at Ewood. 

exactly right, so when people say waggott will not sack his mate its sod all to do with SW

22 minutes ago, J*B said:

ridiculous that we have no idea what they are mandated to do. I'd have thought it was easy---get us back in the Premiership asap.

Clearly not that though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Pretty sure I met Suhail at that time, he was Balajis right hand man pretty much, his Mr Fix It

Fix It as in run down to the shop and do my dry cleaning? Or competently run a multi-million pound football club on the other side of the world?

It's strange because I'd never heard of Pasha being in any way involved in the football club prior to 2015. Then we had the Bowyer sacking, Lambert fiasco, Coyle fiasco and now 4 years of 'stability' under Mowbray yet end result is we've gone no higher or nearer the Prem than 2014 & 2015 when he wasn't involved. He also delivered the own goal of the decade by turning down Neil Warnock and employing Owen Coyle which delivered relegation to League One.

Things certainly haven't been fixed under his involvement. They're arguably worse than before he was involved, and definitely were before Mowbray was stumbled across.

• Like 6

Thought I’d nip onto the local Newcastle rag’s website to see what the mood music is up there. Full of how Bruce ‘must go’, the ‘players are a disgrace’ - and that’s just the journalists!

Interesting just how craven our local press is in comparison. Though when you now have one Editor running four papers (LT, Bolton News, Bury Times, Oldham Times), no newsroom, sub editors or printers left in east Lancs, it’s no surprise that they need to be firmly up the club’s arse...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Thought I’d nip onto the local Newcastle rag’s website to see what the mood music is up there. Full of how Bruce ‘must go’, the ‘players are a disgrace’ - and that’s just the journalists!

Interesting just how craven our local press is in comparison. Though when you now have one Editor running four papers (LT, Bolton News, Bury Times, Oldham Times), no newsroom, sub editors or printers left in east Lancs, it’s no surprise that they need to be firmly up the club’s arse...

We know the reason Matt: they shit themselves and know full well if they seriously question anything, as journalists should do, with the current regime in place they run the risk of being frozen out. 

They know full well that that would probably be the end for the LT because nobody is interested in the rest: ala 'Granny baked a cake'!

• Like 2

Waggott himself said he made recommendations to the owners regarding football decisions. He also said he was 'driving' forward the Brockhall plans. He's also the CEO.  It seems far-fetched to say he has no influence whatsoever. 

It's just as likely that he's the one who the other two characters mentioned in this thread (Babu and Pasha, whoever the fuck they are) defer to on football matters. 

And I don't think anyone said Waggott had the authority to sack Mowbray, but I can imagine he can buy Mowbray a lot more time. Let's face it at any other club he'd have been sacked after 1 win in 12. 

The Cov Boy 3 have obviously got a lot of influence at Ewood.

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

I would imagine it's quite easy for Waggott to defend TM at present. Given our perchance for arbitary and random resets, Waggott will be arguing that 1 loss in the last 5 games (roughly I think this is) pretty much all against top of the table opposition, shows how tough we are to beat. 

Of course this ignores the previous 6 matches and 3 seasons, but then they are quite skilled at rewriting or ignoring history. My point is that I think the recent run of draws will probably be able to be spun as a positive sign to our clueless owners. 

Suhail the alleged connected, to SEM etc

Now consider him and Barry and all that went before with their advisor pals. Now HSH regularly provide the likes of Mowbray.

Do we want top 6 really or are they content in growing a squad of youth to start wheeling and dealing. Propped up by journeymen and loans coming in and out. What's to gain by challenging the play offs versus sitting in the middle and starting a conveyor belt ?

Prem promotion is a pipe dream, getting % from player trading isn't.

Who's still in the middle of all this ?  

This summer it begins...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Its somewhat amusing when posters come on here and post 'info' on who does what at Rovers as if they had a fucking clue whats really going on.

The same as me - they know fuck all.

There’s people on this site that are 10 years deep into investigating Venkys and Rovers. @glen9mullanspent years looking at it, ending with his family being targeted with the club. @Kamy100has been working alongside journalists for the best part of a decade and has some really shocking stories of threats he’s had. If they’re at a 7 or 8 on ‘the truth of Venkys time at Rovers’ scale, I would describe myself as at 3. And by that all I mean is I understand how the business works. For the sake of transparency, I’ve put it below:

Venkys

They’re absolutely wadded - Billions on top of Billions, mostly through the chicken business set up by their father, but they’ve also personally made a tonne of money buying land around India, which has significantly gone up in value.   
Rovers is Balaji’s investment. He loves the idea of investing in interesting businesses. He owns a football club, a music production company, a film company. Those are the circles he enjoys to be in. His son is very interested in Rovers and one day, the plan is for it to be his. 

Venkys Staff involved at Rovers

Suhail Pasha, who has worked for the family since 2009 in a whole host of roles. He started off relatively low in the business but has done well and now has Balaji’s support. He does a whole host of jobs but is trusted to run Balaji’s investments and make decisions on his behalf. He’s well trusted and in the inner circle. He is currently living in the area and running Rovers, reporting directly back to Balaji. 

Gandhi Babu, he works between Zurich and Pune and manages Balaji’s group of investments of which Rovers is one. He’s trusted by Balaji and reports back to him on the progress of his investments individually and as a group. If you have a business and want investment from Venkys, you speak to Babu who decides whether it is worth it and if so, recommends it back up the ladder. 

Rovers management 

Balaji trusts Mowbray because he thinks he’s honest. He’s been stung before by people taking advantage and he doesn’t think Mowbray is doing. So he has his support. 

To fulfil EFL requirements you must have someone they deem to be up to standard as CEO and FD. Mowbray was asked for recommendations on who could fit these roles, in came Waggott as CEO. They fulfil their obligations within the club but ultimately Waggott reports to Pasha and Cheston reports to Babu. Key decisions (from money to on the pitch) are taken by Pasha and Babu. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

There’s people on this site that are 10 years deep into investigating Venkys and Rovers. @glen9mullanspent years looking at it, ending with his family being targeted with the club. @Kamy100has been working alongside journalists for the best part of a decade and has some really shocking stories of threats he’s had. If they’re at a 7 or 8 on ‘the truth of Venkys time at Rovers’ scale, I would describe myself as at 3. And by that all I mean is I understand how the business works. For the sake of transparency, I’ve put it below:

Venkys

They’re absolutely wadded - Billions on top of Billions, mostly through the chicken business set up by their father, but they’ve also personally made a tonne of money buying land around India, which has significantly gone up in value.   
Rovers is Balaji’s investment. He loves the idea of investing in interesting businesses. He owns a football club, a music production company, a film company. Those are the circles he enjoys to be in. His son is very interested in Rovers and one day, the plan is for it to be his. 

Venkys Staff involved at Rovers

Suhail Pasha, who has worked for the family since 2009 in a whole host of roles. He started off relatively low in the business but has done well and now has Balaji’s support. He does a whole host of jobs but is trusted to run Balaji’s investments and make decisions on his behalf. He’s well trusted and in the inner circle. He is currently living in the area and running Rovers, reporting directly back to Balaji. 

Gandhi Babu, he works between Zurich and Pune and manages Balaji’s group of investments of which Rovers is one. He’s trusted by Balaji and reports back to him on the progress of his investments individually and as a group. If you have a business and want investment from Venkys, you speak to Babu who decides whether it is worth it and if so, recommends it back up the ladder. 

Rovers management 

Balaji trusts Mowbray because he thinks he’s honest. He’s been stung before by people taking advantage and he doesn’t think Mowbray is doing. So he has his support. 

To fulfil EFL requirements you must have someone they deem to be up to standard as CEO and FD. Mowbray was asked for recommendations on who could fit these roles, in came Waggott and Cheston. They fulfil their obligations within the club but ultimately Waggott reports to Pasha and Cheston reports to Babu. Key decisions (from money to on the pitch) are taken by Pasha and Babu. 

Cheston was here before Mowbray came. Don't you remember his famed 'outstanding candidate' reference to Coyle getting the managers job?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Cheston was here before Mowbray came. Don't you remember his famed 'outstanding candidate' reference to Coyle getting the managers job?

My error! You’re right. Everything else stills stands. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Owners based on the other side of the world asking a football coach who they should appoint as a Chief Executive for one of their businesses. 

We’ve no chance, have we...

The role isn’t your typical role, to be fair. As a CEO goes he’s probably got less influence than any other CEO in the league. Suhail is the boss. 

• Like 2

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Waggott will have influence, he'll be trusted like Mowbray is. Those two will have each other's backs. 

Yes, but nowhere near as much as a typical CEO would - and nowhere near as much as Pasha. If Pasha said tomorrow everyone needs to go, they’d be out the same day. 

1 minute ago, J*B said:

The role isn’t your typical role, to be fair. As a CEO goes he’s probably got less influence than any other CEO in the league. Suhail is the boss. 

Be that as it may, TM still shouldn’t be anywhere near executive appointments. 

Totally dysfunctional.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks @J*Bfor all the info. 

Do Babu and Pasha have the power to remove Waggott or Mowbray from their Rovers positions without Balaji approvement? 

Is Mrs D or Mr D or Venky Rao have any major interest apart from shareholders in Rovers? 

No - they can’t just make a decision like that and do it without telling Balaji. But if they recommend it, it happens. It’s a trust led business model.