BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

I'll never forget the befuddled,gormless face of Venkatash Rao as he came out with the now legendary quote...

"we are confused!"

A millisecond after that cringe fest embarrassment you just knew this Club we love was in a whole world of shit like never before.🤡

....and Mowbray is still  here.

Edited by A Northern Horde...

8 hours ago, RoverInverness said:

OK - genuine question - what other clubs are strategically owned to make money by losing money? If it works for V’s it could work for many others. I will stand corrected if you can tell me some examples without just entering into more speculation. 

Also - Balaji stopped playing real life football manager years ago. We all know this. It wasn’t him who put Gallagher to right back, he doesn’t even know who Gallagher is. The only person ‘playing’ at football manager these days is TM. And he ain’t any good at it either.

Finally - I take the point about their accountants not being as dumb as them - but I don’t believe that people who were simple enough to be taken in by S***e K**n are listening to their accountants because they are wise enough to know good advice from bad advise. Venkys listen to charlatans and con-men, we know this for fact. You’re speculating that they are now listening to financial whizz kids - well they never did before.

I’m not meaning to be deliberately argumentative btw, I don’t normally think you’re wrong, in fact probably the opposite, but I don’t buy those arguments above at all.

They obviously didn't listen to the accountants for a long time but when it came around to suddenly getting 2 sets of auditors in something had changed.  And don't forget at one point there was a fire sale of around 30 million quids worth of players. At a time we made no cash buys for several years and they were dripping in a million or two not 10 or 20. 

All that may have been to avoid FFP sanctions although we walked into embargo anyway. Chances are it was to stop the club going bust though.

Also it isn't set up to lose money to make money that's a bit of a nonsense suggestion. I'm just saying it is on the company books as an oversees 200 million quid costing 'asset. And note the word theoretically, money could move either way IF it was ever needed or made sense.  Same with any other subsidy they own within the corporation.  Although non of them will sell one item for 10 million or more in one go very often. 

Plus there's the far fetched notion of the Premier league somewhere in there and all its riches. That could reset the balance on paper if not actually in the pocket.

So to me it's all about where it sits in the company books as to why it's allowed to continue. And that alone allows the kids to play with it i wouldn't be so sure Barry ignores it. More like he just doesn't take it as serious as he should and won't change his deluded notions.

But yes even they have to listen to the accountants and bankers every now and then. And i think we may be approaching that point in the cycle again....

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, gumboots said:

Worst thing about the international break is that he'll still be here after it and use it as an excuse for lack of sharpness.

Oh, and don't forget the pitch!.....did we train on that too, just to create 'foot holes' to be exploited later? (to use an Indian cricketing analogy!)

44 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They obviously didn't listen to the accountants for a long time but when it came around to suddenly getting 2 sets of auditors in something had changed.  And don't forget at one point there was a fire sale of around 30 million quids worth of players. At a time we made no cash buys for several years and they were dripping in a million or two not 10 or 20. 

All that may have been to avoid FFP sanctions although we walked into embargo anyway. Chances are it was to stop the club going bust though.

Also it isn't set up to lose money to make money that's a bit of a nonsense suggestion. I'm just saying it is on the company books as an oversees 200 million quid costing 'asset. And note the word theoretically, money could move either way IF it was ever needed or made sense.  Same with any other subsidy they own within the corporation.  Although non of them will sell one item for 10 million or more in one go very often. 

Plus there's the far fetched notion of the Premier league somewhere in there and all its riches. That could reset the balance on paper if not actually in the pocket.

So to me it's all about where it sits in the company books as to why it's allowed to continue. And that alone allows the kids to play with it i wouldn't be so sure Barry ignores it. More like he just doesn't take it as serious as he should and won't change his deluded notions.

But yes even they have to listen to the accountants and bankers every now and then. And i think we may be approaching that point in the cycle again....

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?view=detail&mid=F62A7919B423D484FD54F62A7919B423D484FD54&q=barry+white+my+first+my+last+my+everything&shtp=GetUrl&shid=bf598bf1-715a-4795-ab45-775854d694ea&shtk=WW91IEFyZSBUaGUgRmlyc3QsIE15IExhc3QsIE15IEV2ZXJ5dGhpbmcgKEJhcnJ5IFdoaXRlKQ%3D%3D&shdk=XCJZb3VBcmUgTXVzaWNcIiBodHRwOi8veW91YXJlLmNvbSBNdXNpYyB3aXRoIFwieW91IGFyZVwiIGluIHRoZSB0aXRsZSBvciBseXJpY3MuIFlvdUFyZSBQbGF5bGlzdCBvbiBTcG90aWZ5OiBodHRwOi8vb3Blbi5zcG90aWZ5LmNvbS91c2VyL2psYW50dW5lei9wbGF5bGlzdC8xRGh1MmY0WlM0TlMzWURKMGVRS2I4IFdlIGdvdCBpdCB0b2dldGhlciwgZGlkbid0IHdlPyBOb2JvZHkgYnV0IHlvdSBhbmQgbWUuIFdlIGdvdCBpdCB0b2dldGhlciwgYmFieS4gTXkgZmlyc3QsIG15IGxhc3QsIG15IGV2ZXJ5dGhpbmcsIEFuZCB0aGUgYW5zd2VyIHRvIGFsbCBteSBkcmVhbXMuIFlvdSdyZSBteSBzdW4sIG15IC4uLg%3D%3D&shhk=0leH0S4R%2F3UVpV4UFj%2FfnPB5CB01KrbL3aOynnoLVqU%3D&form=VDSHOT&shth=OSH.LFyEde00I%2BE64kf4xgqrtA

My theory is that they are just a bunch of delusional people who still think they can sell for a profit one day. Just like people in the stock market refusing to cut loss as they think there is a possibility of the share price going up someday. They probably have some dodgy advisors who are telling them to try getting promotion on the cheap then sell out on a high.

27 minutes ago, RoversSG said:

My theory is that they are just a bunch of delusional people who still think they can sell for a profit one day. Just like people in the stock market refusing to cut loss as they think there is a possibility of the share price going up someday. They probably have some dodgy advisors who are telling them to try getting promotion on the cheap then sell out on a high.

The only way they'd ever get any decent amount of money back would be if the club were in the Premier League. Even then they aren't going to recoup what they've put in.

Surely it's worth chucking a bit of money at the club in the short term rather than just letting it haemorrhage money year after year. 

25 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Every owner of a club will have or be in a position to write losses off against other assets it’s called business and why they are so rich!

It's absolutely no way to run a business. Ridiculous that there is so much money in the game - yet very few clubs are able to turn a profit. No other industry would spend such a ridiculous amount on 'staff' wages.

39 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

The only way they'd ever get any decent amount of money back would be if the club were in the Premier League. Even then they aren't going to recoup what they've put in.

Surely it's worth chucking a bit of money at the club in the short term rather than just letting it haemorrhage money year after year. 

Yeah but you're thinking rationally. Nothing rational about this lot.

It seems they wanted the prestige of owning a Premier League club and when we dropped out they lost interest.

They only ever wanted to run it on the cheap, as soon as they bought it Madame was talking about winning Championships and European football while putting in £5M a year. Tiny amount even then.

She also talked about "borrowing " players from other clubs as the way to go rather than paying out transfer money.

Never had an atom of common sense from the off.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

They only ever wanted to run it on the cheap, as soon as they bought it Madame was talking about winning Championships and European football while putting in £5M a year. Tiny amount even then.

Blackburn boss Steve Kean has told talkSPORT he expects the club to playing in the Champions League by 2015.

Rovers recently sold Phil Jones to Manchester United as he wanted to play Champions League football but Kean believes his club will soon be joining the Reds in Europe's elite competition.

He told Saggers and Quinny: “It was difficult with Phil because he got the opportunity to go to Manchester United and he wanted to play Champions League football now. We’re not there yet but I’m sure we will be win the next three or four seasons.”

😂😂😂 Absolute gold.

How it started:

“It was difficult with Phil because he got the opportunity to go to Manchester United and he wanted to play Champions League football now. We’re not there yet but I’m sure we will be win the next three or four seasons.”

How it’s going:

‘I understand Blackburn Rovers historically should be fighting in the Premier League, well, there’s a lot of teams who would say that. We are years behind the likes of Brentford in our journey’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 9

56 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Blackburn boss Steve Kean has told talkSPORT he expects the club to playing in the Champions League by 2015.

Rovers recently sold Phil Jones to Manchester United as he wanted to play Champions League football but Kean believes his club will soon be joining the Reds in Europe's elite competition.

He told Saggers and Quinny: “It was difficult with Phil because he got the opportunity to go to Manchester United and he wanted to play Champions League football now. We’re not there yet but I’m sure we will be win the next three or four seasons.”

😂😂😂 Absolute gold.

Steve Kean has helped his new club to its worst season in its history. I'm talking of Melbourne Victory, likely to finish last for the first time ever.Lost 4 of last five games, 7 points from 12. Wouldn't get a job with Darwen FC never mind Champions League.

To think Venkys swallowed all that guff--- I feel sick

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

It's absolutely no way to run a business. Ridiculous that there is so much money in the game - yet very few clubs are able to turn a profit. No other industry would spend such a ridiculous amount on 'staff' wages.

Yet so many wealthy people and corporate structures are happy to do so as long as they can afford it.  So there has to be some kind of advantages in it alongside the ego trips etc.

Although there are still a few Simon Jordans who eventually find they can't.

The lip service Kean played about the Champions League is just the same as Waggot and Mowbray are trotting out about the Brentford model.

Cannot for the life of me fathom why some still don't see through this shite.

Contract extensions are the aim in between all that, just safeguarding their own journey. Only journey this team is on is a circular one.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The lip service Kean played about the Champions League is just the same as Waggot and Mowbray are trotting out about the Brentford model.

Cannot for the life of me fathom why some still don't see through this shite.

Looks like they are following the Brentford academy model, and doing away with it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

How it started:

“It was difficult with Phil because he got the opportunity to go to Manchester United and he wanted to play Champions League football now. We’re not there yet but I’m sure we will be win the next three or four seasons.”

How it’s going:

‘I understand Blackburn Rovers historically should be fighting in the Premier League, well, there’s a lot of teams who would say that. We are years behind the likes of Brentford in our journey’.

I would honestly sack whoever said that on the spot. I don't care if it was Tony Parkes. Unbelievable. Brentford.

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I would honestly sack whoever said that on the spot. I don't care if it was Tony Parkes. Unbelievable. Brentford.

thats mowbray to a tee,negative in every aspect of the game and purveyor of most boring rovers side iv`e ever had the misfortune to watch and one which does`nt even get results on being boring,if it did i would`nt be so nonplussed about the whole mowbray regime

• Like 3

On 26/03/2021 at 10:34, 47er said:

Steve Kean has helped his new club to its worst season in its history. I'm talking of Melbourne Victory, likely to finish last for the first time ever.Lost 4 of last five games, 7 points from 12. Wouldn't get a job with Darwen FC never mind Champions League.

To think Venkys swallowed all that guff--- I feel sick

Leave Darwen out of it, thanks very much.........he wouldn't get the job of managing Mill Hill St Peters! (neither would Mowbray, come to think of it!)

• Like 1

On 26/03/2021 at 21:27, simongarnerisgod said:

thats mowbray to a tee,negative in every aspect of the game and purveyor of most boring rovers side iv`e ever had the misfortune to watch and one which does`nt even get results on being boring,if it did i would`nt be so nonplussed about the whole mowbray regime

The fact that We're sat 18 points adrift of Barnsley tells you all you need to know.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

The fact that We're sat 18 points adrift of Barnsley tells you all you need to know.

To be honest I can live with our points situation, although I don't like it. What I cannot take, is Mowbrays denial of him being part of, or all of, the cause of the Rovers problems 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 5

Are they really still that numb in India to think he, his tactics, selections and signings haven't made a contribution to this dire season along with everything else ?

What is this 'understanding' that they have ?

And do they really swallow that selling half the training base and scaling down to the Brentford model is going to deliver top 6 ????

Or are they just not that bothered ?

48 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Are they really still that numb in India to think he, his tactics, selections and signings haven't made a contribution to this dire season along with everything else ?

What is this 'understanding' that they have ?

And do they really swallow that selling half the training base and scaling down to the Brentford model is going to deliver top 6 ????

Or are they just not that bothered ?

Simple answer is the do not give a single one. Scum.

• Like 2