BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Mowbray is a "middle of the road" manager. And we all know what happens if you keep standing in the middle of the road....He's not "terrible" - compared to K**n/Coyle - but his record is just 2 promotions in 18 years of almost continuous management. At most of his clubs there has been a death spiral of results - WBA relegated bottom, Celtic in an unprecented 5th position, Boro closer to the bottom of the Championship than they've ever been and Coventry no win the opening 10 games. He has form for this. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Tony Mowbray doesn't want to be 'a burden' on Rovers | Lancashire Telegraph

“I don’t want to be a burden on the club, if I’m the problem then that's no problem, the owners have to tell me. Other than that, I love the game, I've been here before, I'll keep going"

Mowbray on the 26th Feb.

He isn't resigning. He's waiting for the sack.  

If he doesn't want to a "burden" then why is he waiting for his payoff (probably in the region of £300k)?

Andy Bayes just asked TM if ‘he has reached the end?’ 

‘He vehemently disagreed and certainty wouldn’t be waking’

Well obviously the ‘burden’ talk has now been put away as he enters self-preservation mode... but at least Bayes has finally approached the subject (some hard hitting journalism in these parts, ay).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

And Sharpe gets off the pot too, must be bad...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19211306.not-decision---mowbrays-verdict-rovers-run-form/

Mowbray added: “You can’t defend the results, and I won’t try and defend the results, other than I’ve watched the performances and if I thought ‘we can’t win a game’ then I would be telling you

We don’t need telling!

Venkys are all set to alienate the fans again as they did - among other things - by hanging onto K**n for so long. It's utterly counterproductive because there will be very few season ticket sales with Mowbray still in charge. It'll cost them far more than to give Mowbray the bullet. But then as we know Venkys are utterly clueless muppets at running this football club.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

And Sharpe gets off the pot too, must be bad...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19211306.not-decision---mowbrays-verdict-rovers-run-form/

Mowbray added: “You can’t defend the results, and I won’t try and defend the results, other than I’ve watched the performances and if I thought ‘we can’t win a game’ then I would be telling you

We don’t need telling!

“I take pride in the performances, not the results"

Incredible that he's allowed near a professional football club.

Arrogant prick. 

• Like 9

“I take pride in the performances, not the results, I’ve always said that I’m a performance related coach and I think the performance of the team has generally been good.

Well I think this is the nub of the problem. If you think the performances are good no wonder we are on a terrible run.

I'm also a tad bemused that you think that the results and performances have no correlation. Perhaps in one or two games but not 14. If TM genuinely can't see the correlation between the two or thinks performances have been good he is utterly deluded. 

Or he doesn't think that's the case and he is utterly lying. Lying to save his sorry hide. Which would make a mockery of Mr Integrity.

So either he is deluded or lying. Either way it shows his time is up. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

“I take pride in the performances, not the results"

Incredible that he's allowed near a professional football club.

Arrogant prick. 

very arrogant,he really does believe the fans and media don`t know the game,i can tell you he`s lost the dressing room,respect and finally he`s lost all the fans as well

• Like 2

I'm flabbergasted with his comments in that interview. Think performance based coach nonsense has annoyed the hell out of me. Tony, we live in a result driven businesses. Win games is the name of the games not performances. 

This is your squad Mowbray that you have built and earlier in the season you said it was top 6 quality so why are 17th in the league and 1 win in last 14 games and haven't score in 24 1st half in 40 games this season? 

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

“I take pride in the performances, not the results, I’ve always said that I’m a performance related coach and I think the performance of the team has generally been good.

Well I think this is the nub of the problem. If you think the performances are good no wonder we are on a terrible run.

I'm also a tad bemused that you think that the results and performances have no correlation. Perhaps in one or two games but not 14. If TM genuinely can't see the correlation between the two or thinks performances have been good he is utterly deluded. 

Or he doesn't think that's the case and he is utterly lying. Lying to save his sorry hide. Which would make a mockery of Mr Integrity.

So either he is deluded or lying. Either way it shows his time is up. 

It's always going to be an issue when you have a manager who for the majority of his career played for shit football teams and was an average player at best himself, and thinks that's the standard to aim for.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Wish one of the journalists would bring up his 'honourable man' quote from Coventry and ask what's changed since then? Why was it honourable to walk away from Coventry but not Rovers, despite this run being worse than the last one he resigned on the back of? 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 7