Despite my reservations Mowbray has brought in some much needed quality and more importantly in areas were it was needed. In many respects the hard bit is yet to come by getting a tune out of them and turning us into a consistent, cohesive unit.

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do we know there is no urgency? 3 years ago.. Back 4 v Southend 2017 Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew (c), Williams,    All 4 players still at the club and 3 nailed on to start ag

West Bromwich Albion are Founder Members of the Football League, they’ve spent around 80 seasons as a top flight club (10 seasons more than us), they’ve also won numerous trophies. They are a historic

Don't take it personally. He might have had a drink. 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, leedsewood101 said:

You want the Wolves Barry Douglas, not the Leeds Barry Douglas. However, it is a win-win as it is a loan move and as stated from Orta's eulogy, he is going to offer a hell of a lot off the field as well. Clearly played a big role in turning the mentality of some Leeds players after the playoff defeat to Derby.

Cheers, If he's that sort of player in terms of character, sounds like just what we need.

He'll have a job disrupting the cushy atmosphere at the Ewood Park Holiday camp though. (Est 2010)

17 minutes ago, leedsewood101 said:

You want the Wolves Barry Douglas, not the Leeds Barry Douglas. However, it is a win-win as it is a loan move and as stated from Orta's eulogy, he is going to offer a hell of a lot off the field as well. Clearly played a big role in turning the mentality of some Leeds players after the playoff defeat to Derby.

Exactly what the Leeds fan at work has just said to me. Smashing player, great lad, but injury prone.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Harvey Elliott on loan is a good idea. Generally viewed by Liverpool fans as their brightest young spark, and not on an insane £60kpw wage that Harry Wilson commands.

Won't get much football here at age 17 though I wouldn't have thought. 

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Rev. He would. He is quality.

OK, take your word for it.

People seem to be having kittens at the thought of 18 year old Dolan playing too much let alone a 17 year old.

If they're good enough, they're old enough in my book.

I don't know anything about Elliott or his abilities. A little concerned that we are 'hoping to persuade him' to make the switch. He's 17 and hardly played football at a competitive level. I wouldn't be wasting much time persuading him. If he wants to come and try to get in our team then fine.

On another note I find it interesting that those clubs doing the most or significant business today appear to be those backed by the wealthiest of owners. Perhaps those most immune to the lockdown or those most able to have a gamble on promotion. Ourselves, Forest, Wednesday, Cardiff all looking like doing decent business but very quiet elsewhere at the less well funded clubs.

Come 5pm I might just be heading over to the PNE forums for some light reading.

Edited by JHRover

Why does everyone think Harvey Elliott is amazing? He has a handful of senior appearances, I don’t don’t know anything about the lad but surely can’t make big statements on seeing maybe 2 or 3 matches in the league cup