BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v QPR Sat 7th November

Great performance and three much needed and well deserved points.

Credit to Wharton who stepped up and showed the benefit of his decent loan spells. He will be gutted that the break may allow time for others to return as he did enjoy for another chance.

We look so much better with Rothwell (supported by Johnson) driving through the middle.  Like Rothwell, Bereton has benefitted from a proper run of games in the same position. Having players with the confidence to run with the ball makes all the difference.

Hard to believe Elliott is only 17, looks like he is loving his time at Rovers. That said his corners and set pieces weren’t clicking today, I’d have let Buckley take some as his strength is accuracy.

Armstrong, goals, goals and only 23!

Yes only 12th, but plenty of football yet with teams up and down - look at Reading sinking etc. Good times!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

How do you get the opposition commentary? I'll have to listen to that next time it can't be any worse the the two that do Rovers commentary.  

I had to switch off the Rovers commentary 3 times. They were driving me up the wall. No need for so much small talk.

38 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

It just feels so tragic. We do so well when we have even just over half our first team on, we would be near the top of the table, but it just seems our promotions chances are being stolen from us by this virus lottery and endless injuries to key players. We haven't had so much potential since the Mark Hughes days and we won't be allowed to make use of it. 

Plenty of games left yet for all that to even itself out.

What a relief getting three points!

We were always the better side but delighted/relieved we weathered the storm they generated middle of the second half and scored two lovely goals to secure the win.

Rothwell and Brereton were the players with the eye catching performances. Great to see Armstrong fully mobile. Nyambe was very good apart from one horrible loss of possession which lead to the corner which lead to the penalty which lead to the goal.

Nobody had a bad game and Kaminski clearly commands the back in a way Pears can only dream of.

Lost count but even with Rothwell, Kaminski, Johnson, Trybull and Grayson back I think we still had eleven players unavailable with Evans the latest casualty addition after two minutes.

Hugely happy with the international break for once. I think could be down to only Dack, Travis, Bennett and Butterworth being out by the time we go to Luton which will feel like our season starting all over again.

8 points off top

7 points off 2nd

5 points off 6th

The damage of the recent weeks could have been far greater than it has turned out to be.

• Like 4

Just looked at the fixture list - we have 2 weeks off now then 12 games in 6 weeks up to 2nd Jan. That is brutal, I guess more intense because of the late start of season.

Looking through the list there's no obvious games to be written off like Watford or Bournemouth away. All look winnable (or losable...).

Full squad is going to be required. Probs want 20 points out of those 12 to be serious about top six.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Silas said:

Highlight of the match for me was listening to the QPR commentators from the 85th min onwards.

The bitching, whining, and crying that was blasting out my tablet was a joy to behold.

Nyambe's injury, the substitution,  Kaminski's goal kick and free kick - all met with howls of derision. 

It was like they'd never seen this new, groundbreaking tactic before. Astounded that the team in the lead didn't have it's players rushing all over the pitch. 

At one point they even claimed we knocked it into touch because we knew disinfection would slow the game down. "They're taking advantage of Covid procedures there." ??

They also called Johnson a fat git in the 1st half. "He's not exactly come with his beach body has he!" "Looks like he's had a few pies recently to me."

Not the most professional pair. Added entertainment to my afternoon though. 

Yep saw that too. Was so bias. 

Loads of snide digs.

Kaminski...'finally' takes the goal kick (he didnt even take that long)

Apparently we kicked the ball away (just like any team does in this division) when it was a free kick, throw in or what not. Or we stopped them from playing quick free kicks (is that new?)

Nothing wrong with Nyambe...I have to question how serious his injury 'was' seeing how well he is moving now.

Yep heard the Johnson comment too.

Also, every time their player passed the ball it was "wonderful', fantastic', superb'. When we did it, nothing.

You could feel his anger at losing while trying to sound half professional/neutral - it was so plain to hear. 

• Like 2

Just now, bazza said:

I had to switch off the Rovers commentary 3 times. They were driving me up the wall. No need for so much small talk.

They are terrible and I'm sure that one of them said today or though I could have misheard that they thought the penalty was given for handball by Kaminski.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

They are terrible and I'm sure that one of them said today or though I could have misheard that they thought the penalty was given for handball by Kaminski.

Both the QPR guys thought it was handball too

Just now, JacknOry said:

Yep saw that too. Was so bias. 

Loads of snide digs.

Apparently we kicked the ball away (just like any team does in this division) when it was a free kick, throw in or what not. Or we stopped them from playing quick free kicks (is that new?)

Nothing wrong with Nyambe...I have to question how serious his injury 'was' seeing how well he is moving now.

Yep heard the Johnson comment too.

Also, every time their player passed the ball it was "wonderful', fantastic', superb'. When we did it, nothing.

You could feel his anger at losing while trying to sound half professional/neutral - it was so plain to hear. 

Yeah I watched it on qpr commentatory. 

Sounded like 2 gimps who usually watch tennis and polo.

In fairness, if an opposition fan listened to our lot they'd lose the will to live too.

• Like 1

I thought Elliott was fantastic today, perhaps in an understated way for most of the match but everything he did seemed classy. He controls the ball at pace, uses the ball well, threads worldy passes and is a real hub for the team. Imagine if we’d managed to keep Tosin for another year? I think he would have linked up well with Elliott’s style.

Everyone played their part today. Wharton looked solid enough (albeit against a relatively limited QPR) and he will no doubt improve the more game time he gets. A fully functioning Johnson is a big plus for our midfield. He belongs towards the top end of the Championship. Brereton continues to morph into the player he should be and I genuinely now see him as one of the first names on the team sheet. He is offering so much at the moment and every goal should be cherished!!! 

Nice to head into the break on the back of a victory with the prospect of more of the wounded returning. 

Edited by The Mighty Chaffinch
  • Like 5

• Backroom
Just now, JacknOry said:

One of them sarcastically went: "Looks like the keeper is 'thinking' about taking the goal kick." 

Got a full on chuckle from me that.

Did you hear them heap praise on Rothwell? Said he was tidy, busy player with bags of talent and we'd be a much better team with him back. 

• Moderation Lead

To be honest, the club pundits will inevitably be biased, that’s certainly to be expected. 
Don’t think the Rovers ones are especially poor at all, just what I’d expect overall.

Just glad we have any coverage at all in reality.

• Like 2

Just now, Ossydave said:

Yeah I watched it on qpr commentatory. 

Sounded like 2 gimps who usually watch tennis and polo.

In fairness, if an opposition fan listened to our lot they'd lose the will to live too.

I reckon our guys are great! They never say anything negative about the club but what do you expect?

A decent, professional showing for me today, nothing more, nothing less. Stand out performers were Brereton and Rothwell, the rest just went about their business efficiently.

A 2 week break should see most of our recent absentees fit again. The target should be an absolute minimum of 24 points from the next dozen games, if we've any serious aspirations of promotion. There's not really anybody that we need fear in that series of games.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

QPR pundits are going to be biased and I think the two lads doing the Rovers' feed are good.  It's not an easy job.

i often listen to the opposition commentary - just to see what outsiders think. This guy was one of the most biased I have ever heard...everythging was through gritted teeth. Found it very difficult to applaud much of what we did (unless we scored). Continuously mentioned our recent record, belittled Wharton for being on loan in L2 and kept calling his lumped clearances poor passes (yet when their team did it, different story). Basically called Johnson a fat git anbd from what he was saying, you would think we were the only team in the world that would do a bit of game management.

Just now, Silas said:

One of them sarcastically went: "Looks like the keeper is 'thinking' about taking the goal kick." 

Did you hear them heap praise on Rothwell? Said he was tidy, busy player with bags of talent and we'd be a much better team with him back. 

Yep was just before the finally comment. 

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

QPR pundits are going to be biased and I think the two lads doing the Rovers' feed are good.  It's not an easy job.

I wouldn't stretch it to good but they're certainly not crap. I feel they do a decent job though.

Just now, Silas said:

yeah, he said Rothwell always stands out when he sees him - about the only praise any of our players got though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, philipl said:

What a relief getting three points!

We were always the better side but delighted/relieved we weathered the storm they generated middle of the second half and scored two lovely goals to secure the win.

Rothwell and Brereton were the players with the eye catching performances. Great to see Armstrong fully mobile. Nyambe was very good apart from one horrible loss of possession which lead to the corner which lead to the penalty which lead to the goal.

Nobody had a bad game and Kaminski clearly commands the back in a way Pears can only dream of.

Lost count but even with Rothwell, Kaminski, Johnson, Trybull and Grayson back I think we still had eleven players unavailable with Evans the latest casualty addition after two minutes.

Hugely happy with the international break for once. I think could be down to only Dack, Travis, Bennett and Butterworth being out by the time we go to Luton which will feel like our season starting all over again.

8 points off top

7 points off 2nd

5 points off 6th

The damage of the recent weeks could have been far greater than it has turned out to be.

To be fair to Pears he's still a novice but the experience of Kaminski really shows and that's what we've been missing for years. Doesn't matter he might not be a worldy but being calm and mentally solid will go a hell of a long way between the sticks.

Just now, Stuart said:

Unpopular opinion... Craig Bellamy.

Whenever he was clean through it was a certain goal.

I was watching the Rovers once at White Hart Lane when Shearer was in his pomp. Late on it was 2-2, although we should have been winning. The ball got lumped diagonally from our left back right into the inside right channel, virtually at Shearer's feet. I saw the Spurs fans on the other 3 sides get up as one man and head for the exits, as everyone knew there could only be one result - a Shearer goal and a Rovers win. And so it proved.

• Like 7