BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

5 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Throwing something totally out of the blue but what about Aidy Boothroyd who is due to leave the England set up?

Why? Awful manager who done a terrible job with the England under 21's. 

Why would we want him?

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If I were the owners I would always have had the view that the manager is the most important person at the Club and that money in that respect should be no object.

My shortlist would read something like:

Experienced names:

Bilic Jokanovic Hughes

Younger managers

Cowley Ainsworth Neil Critchley

Bilic and Jokanovic are managing overseas on big money contracts so I can't see us getting them. 

I've people a number of different managers for us. Chris Wilder and Mark Hughes should be spoken to about replacing Tony Mowbray this summer. Wilder with Alan Knill or Hughes with Mark Bowen and Craig Bellamy on his staff would be great appointment for us. 

Danny Cowley I would like here but can see him staying long term at Portsmouth. 

Gareth Ainsworth would be good appointment. 

There is other British manager like Gary Rowett or Alex Neil who be good replacement for Tony Mowbray

Uwe Rosler or Veljko Paunović could be good appointment as head coach with English experience with Sporting director in place. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why? Awful manager who done a terrible job with the England under 21's. 

Why would we want him?

Bilic and Jokanovic are managing overseas on big money contracts so I can't see us getting them. 

I've people a number of different managers for us. Chris Wilder and Mark Hughes should be spoken to about replacing Tony Mowbray this summer. Wilder with Alan Knill or Hughes with Mark Bowen and Craig Bellamy on his staff would be great appointment for us. 

Danny Cowley I would like here but can see him staying long term at Portsmouth. 

Gareth Ainsworth would be good appointment. 

There is other British manager like Gary Rowett or Alex Neil who be good replacement for Tony Mowbray

Uwe Rosler or Veljko Paunović could be good appointment as head coach with English experience with Sporting director in place. 

Yes I forgot Wilder, he'd be on my list as well.

7 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

No no no, please no. Youth teams of rival nations so he can stunt their youth and development and I may just see England win a World Cup in my lifetime 😀

England are a bunch of overhyped bottlers, you've more chance of TM winning promotion in the real league.

If you want to see England win a world Cup, I recommend YouTube hahaha.

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If I were the owners I would always have had the view that the manager is the most important person at the Club and that money in that respect should be no object.

My shortlist would read something like:

Experienced names:

Bilic Jokanovic Hughes

Younger managers

Cowley Ainsworth Neil Critchley

Your first sentence is spot on. 

And yet Venkys always do the opposite and pick the cheapest option around.

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I get fed up with reading who many consider who we may consider that they may join us as manager. Please all, take a step back:

We are Blackburn Rovers F.C.: Premier League Champions, twice Football League Champions, six times FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, one of 12 founder members of The Football League in 1888, one of the founder members of The Premier League in 1992, fucking believe in your/ourselves!

The Club needs to sell itself because of recent times but you CANNOT change the fact that WE are the best town club and that whilst we may be a small town, we have a big history and hopefully a bloody big future!...

WE ARE The Rovers!!!!

Couldn't agree more..

We need someone who has a vision and thinks big, someone who inspires belief and pride in the players, a leader who wants to over achieve...

Currently we have the exact opposite, someone who will always 'limit beliefs' with his excuse, apologetic mindset, non accountable language and body language! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Your first sentence is spot on. 

And yet Venkys always do the opposite and pick the cheapest option around.

Strange really isn’t it:

The Manager should be the top of any list of priorities in any business: Be prepared to pay whatever it takes to ensure that you get the absolute best that is available to deliver shareholder/stakeholder aspirations.

Thats what Venkys and BRFC should be doing NOW. Do we want promotion?...Hell yeh!  Can we get 20,000 plus back on Ewood again? Too bloody true we can but they need to feel a part and have something to get behind and not feel taken for granted or that money is no object.

It’s not rocket science or difficult: 11 players on the pitch, in positions and playing to a pattern that we could all understand and identify with would be a bloody start! Did I forget to mention 11 hearts beating underneath the badge and the red rose?..yeh, that matters too!

Push the boat out Venkys, get and pay for the best manager you can....the rest will follow. Guaranteed!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

• Like 6

Paying for the best managers is often a saving. You get better results, a better league placing, more fans paying more upfront for season tickets, more merchandise sold, more tv coverage so TV income, better players will sign, leading to more interest and improvement all round until your manager reaches the end of his shelflife. Its not like other jobs where the manager facilitates the running of the club. He IS the club's front man. He's what players, public and media see. He makes the club's statement of intent by who he is.

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Do you know anything about him? I have no idea how he even got that job 

I read an article about Boothroyd getting the England job not so long ago. One of the top, top blazers at the FA goes way, way back about 20 years with Boothroyd. To the point where Boothroyd was best man at his wedding. 

When he was given the u21 job he was picked off the scrap heap having failed in job after job since Watford. His mate basically sorted him out.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I will happily pay for Mowbray's Duolingo course in French. 

I’ll frigging translate and teach him French myself as long as it’s in the back of a taxi north, south, east or west on a one way ticket!

Au revoir monsieur Mowbray mais je suis désolé, je ne dit pas à bientôt!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ulrich said:

England are a bunch of overhyped bottlers, you've more chance of TM winning promotion in the real league.

If you want to see England win a world Cup, I recommend YouTube hahaha.

How are they overhyped.  We have some excellent players coming through.  Bottlers maybe but this generation know what it takes to win trophies 

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

How are they overhyped.  We have some excellent players coming through.  Bottlers maybe but this generation know what it takes to win trophies 

They can all cut it playing at their clubs, no one questions that, but when it is all english playing as a collective they have a big tendency to underachieve.  If they could play as they do at their clubs, I think you'd win something, but to date you have not.  It is odd but clearly it is to do with 'english' players playing solely together, they are better at club level, against better teams, when playing with players from other nations.  It is quite bizarre, but very much seems the case, a purely English attitude/approach/unit/whateverwordyouwant doesn't win trophies in football (yet we do in other sports, so it's an English football thingy majig).

My dads generation (70s) were England players who knew what it takes to win trophies and given England haven't won diddly squat since, I don't think any generation has had that knowledge since.  Knowing how to be the best, is not the same as actually finishing 1st.  Wayne Rooney should have been a player not far off Messi etc, but alas he was knackered by 28, the supposed physical prime in football. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Hansi flick anyone?

Mate, I don't really care who his successor is, Judan Ali could do better than Tony Mowbray, my gran could do better, the local parrot, anyone, anything but this failure based charlatan.

• Like 1

Villas Boas would be nice and some eggollars to spend, he's not even 40???

Ivan Leko would be a good fit LOL.  TBF before his 'issue' he was doing rather well, won the belgium league and cup in his first season with Brugge (playing good football too apparently). 

Christophe Pelissier would be another interesting choice Lorient have done very well under him.